4G93 DOHC Problems

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
my mechanic said the fuel tank needs to be lower to replace the fuel pump, perhaps he doesn't know what he's talking bout..
Probably he can open bigger bill to you for extra work......:smokin:

Even for my VR which is pretty old, fuel pump can be access from under the car. Jack up and can see fuel tank, located at the end side. No need remove tank

Last edited:

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
my mechanic said the fuel tank needs to be lower to replace the fuel pump, perhaps he doesn't know what he's talking bout..
If i'm not wrong, wira/satria chassis needs to remove fuel tank only can access to the fuel pump. Cannot open the back seat like most can do...not sure whether it can be access from the bottom or not though :biggrin:

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Yah! was about to ask about the mechanic, you know him well? Your usual mechanic? If not happy should try another.
Got one member here also, father usual mechanic. Car need engine change and was quoted RM5k and in the end it was only an engine kosong and not half cut, so he really got cut......:banghead:
he's more of a neighborhood acquaintance. my family's been sending our cars to him for minor services mostly AC related stuff. he sent my top to be rebuilt by other workshop cos he doesn't have the machinery (i believe this is where i got cut)

im happy that he puts on a tidy job and always answer to my car questions, but obviously not pleased that he didn't look into the pistons since the top was already out, and that price!

If i'm not wrong, wira/satria chassis needs to remove fuel tank only can access to the fuel pump. Cannot open the back seat like most can do...not sure whether it can be access from the bottom or not though :biggrin:
maybe he does know abit or two, well he only told me to bring the fuel pump and he'll change it for me.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That is bad, if you need to do piston rings now another round of labor and time wasted.....:bawling:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
wira need to remove the tank to take the fuel pump and casing out. no access from top or below.

sorry for your damage man.. maybe time to get other mech to do the necessary check. find a mech u can trust.

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
wira need to remove the tank to take the fuel pump and casing out. no access from top or below.

sorry for your damage man.. maybe time to get other mech to do the necessary check. find a mech u can trust.
so i replaced my fuel pump, watched him removed the fuel tank and replaced it, thanks for clarifying! that however didn't solve the noise problem, this on/off gurgling sound under the car and behind the dash. and yes time to visit another mech :driver:

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
hello sifus, i just sent my car in to another workshop and replaced a new fuel filter, previously replaced fuel pump and fuel tank hoses BUT the gurgling sound is still there! :hmmmm2:

this noise is coming from both the rear/bottom of the car and behind the dashboard area which led my to changed those parts. bright side is the car runs smoother now but what could be wrong? my question:

fuel regulator is set at 3.5, but it was going up n down between 2 and 4 when the car was stationed idling. is this normal? need explanation from taikors and sifus here :itsme:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
hello sifus, i just sent my car in to another workshop and replaced a new fuel filter, previously replaced fuel pump and fuel tank hoses BUT the gurgling sound is still there! :hmmmm2:

this noise is coming from both the rear/bottom of the car and behind the dashboard area which led my to changed those parts. bright side is the car runs smoother now but what could be wrong? my question:

fuel regulator is set at 3.5, but it was going up n down between 2 and 4 when the car was stationed idling. is this normal? need explanation from taikors and sifus here :itsme:
check for leaks on afpr. it's supposed to stay at your setting when idle. only go up when rev.

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator. I read that standard pressure is around 2.7-2.9 bar at idle. Yours is a bit high tho.
its clear now, thank you! my engine was previously running lean so told my mech to keep it at that bar. running rich wouldn't give me problems ya? actually replaced both the fuel and vacuum hose and double checked it, i believe its time for a new regulator :bebored:

really hope that will remove the annoying gurgling noise :adore:

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
wish i could describe it to you... sounds like the car is breathing with phlegm down its throat, still cannot confirm if its fuel or air intake related yet.

now saving up for a new regulator and stepper motor then will send it in for a more proper checkup. i really hope any of you seniors can hear the sound for real :wavey:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
wish i could describe it to you... sounds like the car is breathing with phlegm down its throat, still cannot confirm if its fuel or air intake related yet.

now saving up for a new regulator and stepper motor then will send it in for a more proper checkup. i really hope any of you seniors can hear the sound for real :wavey:
If loud enough can try video it....:smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As the release date of the Fast Five movies comes closer, check out this interview performed by Dodge about the Fast Five movie and Dom's favorite ride, the 1970's Dodge Charger. Dom drive's nothing else but Dodges, so if he is seen in something else, that mean's he isn't going to drive!

YouTube - Behind Fast Five | Dom's Charger | 900 Horses of Detroit...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience