4G92 Mivec

Triplej94

Jun 22, 2017
Kuching
Looks like nobody answered your initial question.

Mivec RS vs Mivec normal, Mivec RS have titanium intake valves, different cams with more aggressive lower cam which is why the mivec switchover is at a higher RPM. Water/oil cooler at the rear of the block, oil squirter jets on the block for piston cooling. Mivec RS engine also sometimes comes with an LSD gearbox as well. Gear ratios are also slightly closer if not mistaken but I had forgotten the details.
thank you for the information.:biggrin::biggrin:

I also notice that when I cold start the car, a moment later, the exhaust sound like I'm running on high cams. its very noticeable. and when I switched ON the AC, the 'high cam sound' gone. after the temperature reach to it's operating temperature, the 'high cam' sound is still there when the AC is off but it's not that noticeable..

is this the characteristic of mivec RS? since most people said the mivec RS is running on more aggressive cams.. :confused:

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
thank you for the information.:biggrin::biggrin:

I also notice that when I cold start the car, a moment later, the exhaust sound like I'm running on high cams. its very noticeable. and when I switched ON the AC, the 'high cam sound' gone. after the temperature reach to it's operating temperature, the 'high cam' sound is still there when the AC is off but it's not that noticeable..

is this the characteristic of mivec RS? since most people said the mivec RS is running on more aggressive cams.. :confused:
Yeap that is correct. The lift between the low cams and high cams are almost the same, difference mainly in duration unlike the normal mivec cams where you can see difference in lift between the low and high cams. Basically the low cams is already similar to high cams in some cars. I'm running standalone now and compared to my 4g18, the low cams are definitely more aggressive than my 4g18 jasma 'high' cams which can be seen in the lower vacuum numbers, lumpy idle and the effort required to tune for 'normal' driving.

You got yourself quite a deal by the way, the rs engine is pretty hard to come by and not many half cut shops know how to see the difference. Like in my case I got a mivec rs enjin lantai with a Cusco lsd inside for the price of a normal mivec.

Also note that the mivec rs only comes on the ck/cj(terbalik/waja) version and not the ca(wira) version.

One last thing, the rs also comes stock with a power steering cooler which goes all the way to the passenger side. The power steering pump and rack is also of a different p/n if not mistaken if you were to get the entire half cut. With my Cusco LSD, my power steering fluid was boiling without the cooler on touge runs and I recently just installed an oil cooler for the power steering system, yet to test it though.

Edit: additional note, if you were to do a top or full overhaul next time, ask the mechanic to let you hold the titanium intake valves. If you had held a normal valve before, your mind will be blown on how light it is :laugh:

Reactions: sanekit

Triplej94

Jun 22, 2017
Kuching
Yeap that is correct. The lift between the low cams and high cams are almost the same, difference mainly in duration unlike the normal mivec cams where you can see difference in lift between the low and high cams. Basically the low cams is already similar to high cams in some cars. I'm running standalone now and compared to my 4g18, the low cams are definitely more aggressive than my 4g18 jasma 'high' cams which can be seen in the lower vacuum numbers, lumpy idle and the effort required to tune for 'normal' driving.

You got yourself quite a deal by the way, the rs engine is pretty hard to come by and not many half cut shops know how to see the difference. Like in my case I got a mivec rs enjin lantai with a Cusco lsd inside for the price of a normal mivec.

Also note that the mivec rs only comes on the ck/cj(terbalik/waja) version and not the ca(wira) version.

One last thing, the rs also comes stock with a power steering cooler which goes all the way to the passenger side. The power steering pump and rack is also of a different p/n if not mistaken if you were to get the entire half cut. With my Cusco LSD, my power steering fluid was boiling without the cooler on touge runs and I recently just installed an oil cooler for the power steering system, yet to test it though.

Edit: additional note, if you were to do a top or full overhaul next time, ask the mechanic to let you hold the titanium intake valves. If you had held a normal valve before, your mind will be blown on how light it is :laugh:
thanks again for the information..

I thought There was something wrong when i experience the ‘high cam’ sound..

mine does not come with LSD somehow

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
thanks again for the information..

I thought There was something wrong when i experience the ‘high cam’ sound..

mine does not come with LSD somehow
Yeah LSD is optional, mine is a completely aftermarket lsd installed by the Japanese owner of the engine. You sure yours does not have the lsd though?

Where's your location by the way? May be interested to see your ar as I'm curious how the rs engine is supposed to be standard.

Here's a thread on my engine build which I need to updated soon :laugh:
http://www.zerotohundred.com/forums...-waja-project-many-pictures-be-warned.466945/

Triplej94

Jun 22, 2017
Kuching
Yeah LSD is optional, mine is a completely aftermarket lsd installed by the Japanese owner of the engine. You sure yours does not have the lsd though?

Where's your location by the way? May be interested to see your ar as I'm curious how the rs engine is supposed to be standard.

Here's a thread on my engine build which I need to updated soon :laugh:
http://www.zerotohundred.com/forums...-waja-project-many-pictures-be-warned.466945/
I tried turning the front wheel when the car was jacked up during my exhaust setup.. only 1 side turn.. :laugh::laugh: well, thats how i was told to check how to know if its LSD or not..

currently in putrajaya.. :biggrin::biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, where can i get adapters for open pod air filter , to be fitted with my original airfilter hose. (mivec engine)

The hose is 4 inches in diameter. Most accessories shop dont have the adapter, they only sell the air filter and then ask us to find the adapter ourself, except for apexi air filter.

I'm planning to buy an airfilter which has 6 inch inlet, and then i need the adapter to convert it from 6 inch become 4 inch

Chop shop have these adapters ar ?

Hope to hear from u guys soon :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience