4G92 Mivec

Triplej94

Jun 22, 2017
Kuching
I have a proton Gen 2 which I bought from a friend. when he bought it before it was already running on a 4G92 mivec engine. so both of us did not know what type of 4G92 it was specifically.

I've did some research, probably it's a CJ4A or a CK4A. I'm confused. :dontknow::dontknow:

characteristic of the engines is, Mivec change over at 6800 RPM. I've check the ECU code which is 2556. however, I was told the engine is a 4G92 mivec RS. :confused:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
thanks for the info.. any idea on the differences of the RS version and non RS version? I heard that the RS version comes with a higher cam?
i don't really know. usually engine specs all the same. only the interior and exterior is different. need to check online about this.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Probably same like VR4 and VR4RS, engine same but have bigger injectors and larger turbo, different ECU of course.....

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
and likely the gearbox... rs typically has some sort of lsd where as the gsr, i think sometimes tarak? i could be wrong

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
I have a proton Gen 2 which I bought from a friend. when he bought it before it was already running on a 4G92 mivec engine. so both of us did not know what type of 4G92 it was specifically.

I've did some research, probably it's a CJ4A or a CK4A. I'm confused. :dontknow::dontknow:

characteristic of the engines is, Mivec change over at 6800 RPM. I've check the ECU code which is 2556. however, I was told the engine is a 4G92 mivec RS. :confused:
Looks like nobody answered your initial question.

Mivec RS vs Mivec normal, Mivec RS have titanium intake valves, different cams with more aggressive lower cam which is why the mivec switchover is at a higher RPM. Water/oil cooler at the rear of the block, oil squirter jets on the block for piston cooling. Mivec RS engine also sometimes comes with an LSD gearbox as well. Gear ratios are also slightly closer if not mistaken but I had forgotten the details.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello everyone, i just wanna know whether is it difficult to find spare parts(OEM or aftermarket performance) for gsr terbalik?...hope to get feedbacks from those using this engine or those who knows abt it...thank you
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience