4G91 transmission problem

black_howling

Junior Member
Senior Member

black_howling

Junior Member
Senior Member
Oct 12, 2005
16
0
1,501
I just mod my Iswara to cater to the 4g91 engine. but then there is a slight problem. my transmission seems to be stuck at the 3rd gear and it aint moving from there. the only time it jumps to the 4th gear is when my rev goes all the way to 6+ or 7. Could sumone help me with this???
 

Aileron

Active Member
Senior Member

Aileron

Active Member
Senior Member
Oct 12, 2005
46
0
1,506
hi black_howling,
may i know how much it costed you for the engine
transplant?

your reply will be greatly appreciated,
thank you.
 

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Senior Member

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Senior Member
Nov 4, 2004
3,637
49
3,148
Klang
hotmail.com
black_howling said:
I just mod my Iswara to cater to the 4g91 engine. but then there is a slight problem. my transmission seems to be stuck at the 3rd gear and it aint moving from there. the only time it jumps to the 4th gear is when my rev goes all the way to 6+ or 7. Could sumone help me with this???
u mean urs is auto rite?

try n service the gearbox 1st...flush the gearbox n c how...
 

black_howling

Junior Member
Senior Member

black_howling

Junior Member
Senior Member
Thread starter
Oct 12, 2005
16
0
1,501
Aileron said:
hi black_howling,
may i know how much it costed you for the engine
transplant?

your reply will be greatly appreciated,
thank you.
- well aileron, got the car transplanted for about 4k.
- did it at a workshop in sungai besi.

Yong_5290 said:
u mean urs is auto rite?

try n service the gearbox 1st...flush the gearbox n c how...
- yeah it is an auto.
- okie i shall give that a go. but what happens if tat fails??
 

badguy

500 RPM
Senior Member

badguy

500 RPM
Senior Member
Jun 15, 2004
951
2
3,018
maybe the cause by the faulty gearbox
 

Aileron

Active Member
Senior Member

Aileron

Active Member
Senior Member
Oct 12, 2005
46
0
1,506
oh..black howling,
how much is the difference between 4G91 and 4G93T
engine?
 
Last edited:

wirafly

500 RPM
Senior Member

wirafly

500 RPM
Senior Member
Mar 25, 2005
958
0
3,016
black_howling said:
I just mod my Iswara to cater to the 4g91 engine. but then there is a slight problem. my transmission seems to be stuck at the 3rd gear and it aint moving from there. the only time it jumps to the 4th gear is when my rev goes all the way to 6+ or 7. Could sumone help me with this???
black_howling, I am running 4G91 auto in my wira, can you tell me more information on your problem?

From my experience in my car, if I driving my car aggressively, the TCU will let the gear stick to 3rd gear longer after I release throttle.

But before my car send for tuning, I used to stick to 3rd gear when I touch 6000rpm@160km/h even though I release the gas pedal, after I sent my car for proper tuning on TPS and other MUT related tuning, my auto gear box now response faster, hope the gear box maintain heathy