4G63T Questions

skymmar

Known Member
Jun 25, 2004
Visit site
Hi bros,

Im new in car modding... Im using VR4 RS engine in my Wira, and im doing major upgrade on internal parts, i would like to ask :

1. do i need to change my connecting rod to suits my new 87mm pistons?

2. and do i need to change my turbo [ now using standard TD05H double fin code 42 ],

3. and what the different using the solid lifters and 3rd gen Hylift Johson lifters.

hope any sifu's here can help me to understand more about it

Thanks,
:nurse:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Hi bros,

Im new in car modding... Im using VR4 RS engine in my Wira, and im doing major upgrade on internal parts, i would like to ask :

1. do i need to change my connecting rod to suits my new 87mm pistons?

2. and do i need to change my turbo [ now using standard TD05H double fin code 42 ],

3. and what the different using the solid lifters and 3rd gen Hylift Johson lifters.

hope any sifu's here can help me to understand more about it

Thanks,
:nurse:
1.it depends on your piston dimensions if the piston is shorter than the original piston that you would need to get longer rods and vice versa
2.if your looking for around 300whp max then the standard turbo is the way to go because its responsive and it is plug and play with what you have now if you change turbo you will probably have to custom make a new manifold,together with air ram ,intercooler pipes and exhaust
the most you need to do with the turbo you have now is service it to get it running exactly like new also depending on your power goals if you plan on having more than 300whp just sell of the turbo and get a larger one
3.not sure about this one still using stock lifter :biggrin:

skymmar

Known Member
Jun 25, 2004
Visit site
im using a new set of 4G64 pistons ART brand so i assume it would be the same only different diameter... so in other words my vr4 rod still can be used rite? im not building a monster machine.. just for fun only... 1 more thing kumar is there any difference between vr4 rs intake and evo's? currently my machine running stock with evo's intake n wiring? which is best using back my vr4 intake n wiring setup or just let it be like now? anyway thanks for your answer

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
im using a new set of 4G64 pistons ART brand so i assume it would be the same only different diameter... so in other words my vr4 rod still can be used rite? im not building a monster machine.. just for fun only... 1 more thing kumar is there any difference between vr4 rs intake and evo's? currently my machine running stock with evo's intake n wiring? which is best using back my vr4 intake n wiring setup or just let it be like now? anyway thanks for your answer
isnt 4g64 pistons 86.5 mm
but yes the piston dimensions are exactly the same so it is plug and play into your block but i think the compression is a big high because it is from a NA car
and since im guess you are using it in a turbo car it wont allow for much boost
the vr4 rods are very very good for boost nice and thick unlike the evo rods
and i suggest you just keep the evo wiring and intake since you already have it and rather invest in a works power plus or super 90 70mm throttle body and bore out your exisiting intake rather than changing it

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As part of a local celebration for Ducati’s 90<sup>th</sup> Anniversary, Next Bike Sdn Bhd – the sole importer and distributor of Ducati motorcycles in Malaysia – has announced the launch of 5 new 2016 models to the local market; Ducati Superbike 959 Panigale, Ducati Monster 1200 R, Ducati Hypermotard 939, Ducati XDiavel, Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro.

The launch was an event running up...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience