4G1Series track day March 2012

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Everyone enjoys a good track day.

Whether it's big-boys MME or the adrenaline gushing ZTH TimeAttack! track day, everyone gets their car on track sooner or later and the 4G1series group was no exception. 4G1Series was started by our ever so famous wira-3-speed-auto-GRA champion Fstrader with the pure intention of gathering people with similar mindsets and cars, and basically going bonkers with each other. This time at the Dato Sagor track.

Bright and early March 11th 2012, the participants all gathered for a briefing on safety protocol, driving courtesies and basically answered any questions that the participants had. Judging from the questions asked, there were a lot of gung-ho drivers out there determined to win and there were those who just didn't really care and were there for the ride.

More on safety, they even assigned a safety car in case of a need to control the race! Siren, flashing lights and all.

Now this wasn't just any track day. This was an officiated and legalised gathering of cars with the sole intention of convoying to Kampung Gajah and racing on the Dato Sagor track. Yes, this is the real deal! An official letter from the Menteri Belia dan Sukan thanks to Konmei motorsports club!

There were sponsors too, all sponsoring excellent prizes and vouchers for all the participants that day. Special thanks goes to :

Rapid Stop - Bernard Tan
Brisk Racing - Dane Lee
Agip Oil - Sky Sonic Trading - Benny
Profess Rim Enterprise - represented by Fstrader
KL Auto - Represented by DSV4600

The format was simple. Drive 3 laps to familiarize the track, go as fast around the track for qualifying then you'd have confirmed your position in the race itself. Cars were divided into 3 main categories.

1. The 'Hello Kitty' 1.3/1.5 category (which I was a part of incidentally)
2. The 'Thundercats' 1.6/1.8 category
3. The scary monsters race of champions category which essentially consisted of the winners from #1 and #2.

The response was overwhelming and the organisers had to split each category to 2 groups to accommodate the number of participants.

Looking at the track itself you'll know that power isn't everything here. It's all about balls and how much camber you had on your car!

Some of these guys are regular track kakis and it's your guess against mine on how they manage to keep their cars so squeeky clean. And tar-free. And free from stone chipping. And rust.

A couple of familiar faces that ZTH-ians might know. Ken Erai was there with a borrowed Ford Fiesta automatic and he wiped the floor with some of the larger more powerful competitors with a car he barely knew... and borrowed.

Mitch Chong, regular GRA-er and all round nice guy. Marshall and coordinator for the day.

Fstrader and fellow ZTH-ian blank on the walkies coordinating with track marshalls.

Darth Vader... in a stock 4G13.

This car almost went tripod on a flat track. One of the fastest Satrias in the race!

To give you an idea just how fast some of these guys are, have a look at the final results :

There were lots of picture taken that day but I though it'd only be appropriate to share what every ZTH-ian enjoys, pretty girls. Besides, what's a track day without pretty girls?

I believe this is the girlfriend or wife of one of the competitors, if you want her photo removed please do PM me. Otherwise hope you don't mind the picture!

Meoowww

Lady death herself

Overall it was a good day. My steering didn't break, got majorly sunburnt, gave my car a thorough workout, made and met a lot of friends, and generally exhausted the living daylights out of myself.

Yes.. it was a good day.

More photos can be found here : Dato Sagor 2012 March - a set on Flickr

Attachments

Notoriez

Mar 27, 2006
Cool pics man..

Kudos to the organizers for organizing a great track day for a small community

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
should be no problem as long as ur engine spec/output doesnt vary alot from us... all is recommended... most important is the sportsmanship inside u.... its always good to gather all rare breed of car enthusiast and exchange ideas about the common interest we have...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
any stock car can join this event ?
Yeah the event organisers allowed a lot of different cars. We had a 2.0 Inspira, a 1.6 Forte, Putras, Satrias, Iswaras, Wiras, Sagas, a Vios, an Alza, a couple of Wajas and some were bone stock.

But just because they were stock didn't mean they were slow. Some posted pretty damn impressive times

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,

I have a 3" straight flow exhaust setup on my turbo car. I have a mid-box resonator (pretty large one and is straight flow) and a pretty large straight flow rear muffler. But it's still loud and the droning at 2.6-3k rpm is killing me since I'm in that rev range a lot.

I've been reading up about side-branch resonators and helmholtz resonators. It's those weird branch exhaust add-ons that apparently take away the droning by cancelling out certain frequencies depending on length of the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience