4G15p - can do something on this plant?

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
This is the mod I did on 4g15, my top speed still 170kmh. The reason is I still using 1.3 gbox.

Nah, the reason is more likely with the mods u did, u dint have the hp to push past 170...many sagas running at these speeds...

For ur wira 1.5 gearbox I not very sure, but u can forget about getting to improve your top speed with 1.3/1.5 gbox, coz they max around 170kmh. Its the gear ratio design that limits your top speed.

This is slightly not true...some iswaras with wild cams, webered and oversized pistons can whack 16x.xx kph with just gear 3...with 2 gears to go my fren...

What u can play is, IMPROVE YOUR ENGINE RESPOND by adding more torque and horsepower.

1.) SKIM HEAD = IMPROVE RESPOND AND TORQUE (RM200-300)
2.) PNP = IMPROVE RESPOND / TORQUE / HORSE POWER (RM600-850)
3.) HIGH CAM = EXTRA 10 HORSEPOWER AND BETTER POWER BAND TO REV (RM1000-1400)
4.) AFR = EXTRA 10% POWER IMPROVEMENT TO YOUR ENGINE (RM200-300)
5.) TUNED EXHAUST SYSTEM = IMPROVE TORQUE (RM500-800)
6.) OPENPOD = IMPROVE RESPOND
7.) CRANK PULLEY = IMPROVE RESPOND TREMENDOUSLY (RM150) U can get this from airfilter@kayvin

So you see, u have to spend a fortune and ended up ur 4G15 gains another 90cc power (equivalent to 1600cc power)

Good luck to you, but I suggest you transplant 4G92 or 4G93 or GSR or VR4......is better than modding a USELESS 4G15
The word 'useless' here is slightly offensive, no? in capital summore? e.g. Fvel here has spent a fair bit of money to get a reliable, strong-built 4g15 with hp prolly in excess of 140...not every one wants to go through with the hassles of an engine transplant...u saying he's dumb? not knowing what he is doing? put ur opinions in a nicer way, la...many people here have modded their 4g15 u noe? yes, i noe forums are about opinions and ideas...BUT also about respecting each other's stand and beliefs...

some people also do not want to have a heavy front end and end up only going fast in the straights?

do u want to go through this discussion again, kendrick? ive had a similar discussion with you, and you have not replied me since?

as a reference to refresh in case you have forgotten, i guess i have to cut and paste again from another thread of mine from another forum from another similar discussion with the same fella...after being scorned and sorta made fun of from me spending money on a 4g15, i replied:

yes definitely it will be enough for me, until the period comes when i have enough money to get a proper, better car...

i get the kicks out of knowing that what i have under the hood is the result of yrs of researching, experimenting, blood and sweat...literally...i get the kicks out of knowing that what i have under the hood is still just a 4g15, but with not the output of one, i get the kicks out of knowing that my fuel consumption now (with proper driving) is the same as my old blardy 4g13)

diff ppl diff kicks, no?

money not easy to come by, im sure we all know that, and as such, it would be understood without questions needing to be asked whether i have thought long and hard about whether it is all worth it or not...no?

ask the same questions to the powerzone fella who is whacking 14x with his iswara...or Fvel who is undergoing the whole powerzone treatment...why did they do it? the same reason i am...there is no need to rolleyes at what i choose to do with my hard earned money and my interests...

if there is no one out there willing to mod their 4g15 kaw kaw then all we are stuck with is just currently available knowledge and will not learn anything new...

to have modded to this level, it would actually be 'not smart' to just stop here, and not know how much farther i could push this 4g15 of mine...

wouldnt you like to know things you could do to a 4g15, as well as what a 4g15 can do for you?

Last edited:

proton63t

500 RPM
Mar 21, 2007
OK, u spend the same amount of money on 4G15 , I spend the same amount money and swap a 4G92 dohc.....

Let's see who dissappear behind......ALLRIGHT ?

When a person matures into a better car/engine, one have to accept the real facts, and I am telling our newbie pal frankly and directly with the mods n money he is going to spend.

Building a 4G15 to get the best performance, why not ? Can, no problem. In 3 months time u blow the engine, u will swap a 4G92 anyway if u are dying for more power.

However the decisions is his, not mine. So stop argueing......To me 4G15 is history, just a 20yrs old technology......whether u like it or not

Last edited:

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
yes yes u r correct about the power part, very true, but u r missing the point! again and again u r missing the point...

ur idea is correct, and wanting to help out this fella is correct, but ur attitude in always dissing others and what they have done is not so correct?

yes yes i must have a money printing machine at home to sustain my 3 month blowing-up-happy engine....

it is history to u, but people are still using it, and are modding it, and some are happy with it, and parts are so widely available in malaysia, any ahpek under the tree can fix it, and still will be alive and kicking for a pretty long time, whether u like it or not, k?

Last edited:

Elmo_X

Known Member
Aug 8, 2006
haha come come lets go back SIOC and PAC we argue again same old times like last time kekeke

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
Bro tofu.. dont bother aguing with him.. you and i both know who he is.. send me a pm at sioc.. i'll be glad to enlighten you.. :)

sioc.. sound familiar proton 63t..???
bro tata, i noe who it is, dats y i posted what i posted...

thanks anyways dude!

cheers!

:burnout:

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
.)
exhaust if tuned can be used for future next engine is worst to do wit that price :P

crank pulley instreasted..

afr and skim head, mayb can do while do it slowly type.

open pod can diY??
if u wanna save money, easier to get a good drop-in filter, like K&N etc.etc..like this can use back ori filter box, dunneed bother with heatshield, unless u wanna spend a bit more, then can la...

yeap, all these can do slowly, take ur time haha

none wasted, all transferable...most of it can be sold off also (assuming u wanna change engine or car)...one thing though, when u do ur exhaust system, dun leave the ori parts at the shop ar, i made the mistake of leaving mine at the shop....

happy modding! at least back on topic wahahahaha

p.s. it is true la, if u want all out power, better to save up for an engine transplant, im not arguing with this, but if u wanna learn bout engine modding, see what each individual part can help you with, ur engine is a good start...

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
OK, u spend the same amount of money on 4G15 , I spend the same amount money and swap a 4G92 dohc.....

Let's see who dissappear behind......ALLRIGHT ?

When a person matures into a better car/engine, one have to accept the real facts, and I am telling our newbie pal frankly and directly with the mods n money he is going to spend.

Building a 4G15 to get the best performance, why not ? Can, no problem. In 3 months time u blow the engine, u will swap a 4G92 anyway if u are dying for more power.

However the decisions is his, not mine. So stop argueing......To me 4G15 is history, just a 20yrs old technology......whether u like it or not
Not disagreeing with anyone here, nor am I trying to justify any particular position.

I think we can safely say when it comes to playing around with car stuff there really isn't a right / wrong answer. It's just a lot of different ways to do things and the main reason for doing it does not necessarily have to be because it is the fastest engine, or the most modern, economical or whatever.

Why I want to mod my Iswara 4G13 with Powerzone ? My reasons are only specific to me and I don't speak for anyone else. Basically, I don't want to buy another car. I want to retain my old ride for as long as I can hold on to it in a configuration as close to the original as possible but I also want the ride to have some balls and the engine must be reliable enough to be driven hard but also function as a daily drive. Playing around with a balanced and blueprinted 4G15 upped to 1.6 with a stroker kit seemed the logical choice. I can, I suppose, transplant something with much more cc and more grunt but for me JPJ approvals is also a consideration.

I'm not looking to eat any Porsches, M5s, Mivec turbos or B16A boy racers. In any case, I don't get picked on by the loud and proud turbo crowd. These guys tend to go for more challenging targets. I do however get picked on by the assholes in the reasonably stock Vios, and Wajas who like to go for easy meat like a wimpy 1.3 Saga. I just want a souped up Saga with deceptively sleeper looks so I can pull a fast one on an unsuspecting fool in a Vios.

Put it this way. If a Vios can do 0-100 in approx 11 secs, and my Powerzone Saga can do that in 7 secs, it's a no-contest. A little, but nevertheless meaningful, victory for the small people like me who tend to get pushed around by the larger cars.

I chose Powerzone because they have a proven track-record for coming out with zippy rides that are also 100% reliable as a daily car.

I would say that a larger chunk of the budget is going into handling and safety mods, so it's just not the engine that is getting all the attention. No point going fast if I can't stop worth a damn.

Tofu and Nothhiswara, of course, had been modding their Sagas longer than I have and had been very helpful with advice and recommendations.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
fvel,
so u plan to hantam in all powerzone stuff?
hantam in CAI, high flow air filter, 421, bullet and a S flow mufler. sure the power is very satisfying already.
got extra money put in light weight alloy rims and put iridium spark plug.
this is simple modification.

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
very sorri fvel, i had to pinjam nama sket, did not want to initially...oh well....

sorri again if i offended anyone else here...

Peace!

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
fvel,
so u plan to hantam in all powerzone stuff?
hantam in CAI, high flow air filter, 421, bullet and a S flow mufler. sure the power is very satisfying already.
got extra money put in light weight alloy rims and put iridium spark plug.
this is simple modification.
Yup, hantaming everything they have in their catalogue for the Saga which includes all the stuff you listed and quite a bit more extras like their Quick Shift, LSD, reinforced engine mountings, piggyback ECU, rear disc brakes, steel brake lines, Ultra Racing bars, etc etc etc.......except I haven't discussed the CAI with them. Another thing to go on the discussion list I suppose when I meet up with them. But I want something unobstrusive. Don't want to roll up to a JPJ roadblock and they see a big CAI hole on the bumper and pull me over to check out the insides.

I talked to them about the wheels and it's no problem getting some really good rims to suit. Some really overkill (rather expensive) choices available too. The more I ask, the more temptations get thrown my way...hehehe

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
very sorri fvel, i had to pinjam nama sket, did not want to initially...oh well....

sorri again if i offended anyone else here...

Peace!
No problem. Modding forum sure must discuss mods mah. Did you manage to fix your rpm glitch that we talked about at kaichia not long ago (this was just after you installed your performance camshafts) ?

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
Yup, hantaming everything they have in their catalogue for the Saga which includes all the stuff you listed and quite a bit more extras like their Quick Shift, LSD, reinforced engine mountings, piggyback ECU, rear disc brakes, steel brake lines, Ultra Racing bars, etc etc etc.......except I haven't discussed the CAI with them. Another thing to go on the discussion list I suppose when I meet up with them. But I want something unobstrusive. Don't want to roll up to a JPJ roadblock and they see a big CAI hole on the bumper and pull me over to check out the insides.

I talked to them about the wheels and it's no problem getting some really good rims to suit. Some really overkill (rather expensive) choices available too. The more I ask, the more temptations get thrown my way...hehehe
u hantan in all those things? then the bil dont dare to see lorr.
good luck to u. make sure CNY u collect more angpau. haha....

4G15

Nov 27, 2003
Hello
I drive a 4G15P. The current set-up's a TD04 turbo powered bolt-on system that's pushing 170bhp on the engine. It's also an everyday car.

I didn't do a dyno on my previous configuration, but i'm pretty sure it was quite punchy as well. Here's what I suggest you do if you're serious about souping a 4G15.

1. Cams. (Matspeed. PM me if you want details. Not promoting, just a loyal customer since they custom built my car)
2. J5 ECU (see above)
3. Exhaust
4. Plugs (i'm not sure if you need iridiums unless you're running something pretty intense)
5. Drop-in K&Ns are the best.
6. Here's the best tip. It's ugly, but it gives the best airflow. Take out the grill of your car. Straight-flow instant air-ram. I can see drastic improvement in my cooling cause i have an intercooler now. But i'm sure an N/A setup would benefit from the air being directed straight into the engine bay as well.
7. suspensions? Koni shocks + apex springs combo's a good deal for under 2k. Not sure how much it costs now, but it was about that range 5 years ago.
8. you don't need the fuel regulator or oil catch tank yet. Well maybe you need a fuel regulator, but once u get the ECU it'll take care of everything.

Hope that helps bro.:burnout:

Guys, newbie here. i'm driving a wira se 1.5 (m). can anyone tell me how much power can push to limit for 4g15p? i'm not planning to do engine swap or slap on turbo (due to crazy fuel price nowadays :mad: ), but planning to bolt on some goodies such as performance air filter, volt stabilizer, spark plug power cable and iridium spark plugs. what do u think? is it worth to invest on those items? how better the performance?

2) also planning to change my suspension kit to lowered type. prefer lower60%+comfort40%. if budget not more than rm2k, which brand and type u guys recommend? :hmmmm:

3) what are the differences btween oil catch tank and fuel regulator? how does they works? sorry aa guys..maybe noob question..:adore:

thanks a lot!

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
170bhp!
can tapau vtec or not?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all the sifus around,

Just seeking for opinion and looking around, just wondering if there's any Gen2 around that has successfully upgraded to a set of Brembo brakes, and if yes, what are the modifications that have to be done and which Brembo (from which car) do u guys use??

Or alternatively, what other good brakes that have been upgraded into a Gen2? For those twinpots from Evo3/4, any modifications that have to be done? Or just plug and play?

Thanks for your feedbacks in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience