4g13 talks

Latebloomer

Known Member
May 19, 2020
Hello guys.. restoration of my car is nearly done.. the carpet had been install, the passenger seat and of course.. the driver seat is a bucket seat. New dashboard, second hand meter with rpm and tinted. Only left now are the door trim, planning to change since the old one are gettin worst since the inside materials are falling off and the radio panel which didnt include with the new dashboard.

On the performance side.. nothing much for now cause spend lot of for the interior. What i had done so far for the performance are the absorber, which is Gab He series.. shud had gone for the Ha series since tat one can be service. I had changed to short shifter and my extractor to 4-1 include thermal wrap. Dont ask why going for 4-1 while mostly are using 421. Since changing the header my car rev quiet easily to 7-8 rpm. On the engine.. i just change the whole timing belt set and the water pump cause the old one is broken. Engine oil gearbox oil brake oil.. all changed. Im quiet happy for what i had done to the car. Tats all for now

Reactions: sweelt

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Hello guys.. restoration of my car is nearly done.. the carpet had been install, the passenger seat and of course.. the driver seat is a bucket seat. New dashboard, second hand meter with rpm and tinted. Only left now are the door trim, planning to change since the old one are gettin worst since the inside materials are falling off and the radio panel which didnt include with the new dashboard.

On the performance side.. nothing much for now cause spend lot of for the interior. What i had done so far for the performance are the absorber, which is Gab He series.. shud had gone for the Ha series since tat one can be service. I had changed to short shifter and my extractor to 4-1 include thermal wrap. Dont ask why going for 4-1 while mostly are using 421. Since changing the header my car rev quiet easily to 7-8 rpm. On the engine.. i just change the whole timing belt set and the water pump cause the old one is broken. Engine oil gearbox oil brake oil.. all changed. Im quiet happy for what i had done to the car. Tats all for now
Thermal wrap...its a ballancing act.
On the good side, it helps contain the heat inside the piping itself to promote flow and reduce heat in the engine bay. On the bad side, it can potentially traps moisture and promote rust which on normal steel extractor can greatly reduces its lifespan especially if the car is not driven regularly.

I wrap my waja pipe too but only at the curve below the engine. I did that as the curve is just beside the driveshaft boot. Heat and rubber boot does not goes along well, proven by the torn off previous driveshaft. Now i had to drive the waja to kebun every night and early morning.

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
Thermal wrap...its a ballancing act.
On the good side, it helps contain the heat inside the piping itself to promote flow and reduce heat in the engine bay. On the bad side, it can potentially traps moisture and promote rust which on normal steel extractor can greatly reduces its lifespan especially if the car is not driven regularly.

I wrap my waja pipe too but only at the curve below the engine. I did that as the curve is just beside the driveshaft boot. Heat and rubber boot does not goes along well, proven by the torn off previous driveshaft. Now i had to drive the waja to kebun every night and early morning.
If wrap on stainless steel pipe then should not be a problem then, right?

Latebloomer

Known Member
May 19, 2020
The material of the extractor tat i bought is aluminized. Probably have to change the wrap every 6-8 months i guess. On the good side they keep the engine bay less heat.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
How about the welding part? Anyway, even stainless steel will get discolored with the heat..........
Not sure abt that but usually the weld area is the strongest part of a joint metal piece.
With wrap, its not discolored...its like your pipe got infected by some weird nasty skin desease.

I read somewhere that titanium wrap does not damages the pipe as it does not traps moisture compared to fiber type.Dunno if its a fact or just marketing gimmick.
I did check online and the price for titanium wrap is....ouch.

inkedfreak

Sep 9, 2020
sigh..

this is what I was talking about. Study la bro. My 4G15 only had a cam pulley. Didn't use any ECU other than standard ECU. But that's because the overlap or lift is too much for the ecu to balance out. You'll need the piggyback or a standalone to manage the idling. But with a mild cam you don't have too much to worry about. And you don't need to upgrade your injectors la, you're not going full on high cams.

Seriously find another mech/tuner if this is what this guy is saying....

But again - back to my earlier question - why do you need the cam la? It doesn't do much if your engine is this stock. Maybe a small power gain here and there but SOHC just basically means you move the powerband around a little, not so much have massive gains. You want massive go for turbo

Bro Izso, what car are you driving?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Bro Izso, what car are you driving?
Right now? Or back then? Back then was a Wira 1.5 SE auto and had pretty much every single NA SOHC mod done to it that was reasonable and road-legal, then finally converted to manual after all that. Bad sequence of mods though, I should've modded the gb first then only do the rest. But lazy-mofo me wanted auto.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Right now? Or back then? Back then was a Wira 1.5 SE auto and had pretty much every single NA SOHC mod done to it that was reasonable and road-legal, then finally converted to manual after all that. Bad sequence of mods though, I should've modded the gb first then only do the rest. But lazy-mofo me wanted auto.
I am still on manual after so many many years.......lol

inkedfreak

Sep 9, 2020

i see, but then how about right now? just curious hahahahaha

cheers

inkedfreak

Sep 9, 2020
Well i just get Satria 1.3, planning to slowly mod from the bottom such as start with suspension and etc.

Let say in future like 1-2 years time after saving some fund i would like to swap to 1.5/1.6L engine.
Which one would you reckon between 4g15/4g91/4g92mivec?

Consider this Satria is my toy car to play with and gonna daily drive with it.

And also please advise me which and which will be better in perfomance and easy to mod with such as spare part available for those engine.

Thank you all...

inkedfreak

Sep 9, 2020
Well i just get Satria 1.3, planning to slowly mod from the bottom such as start with suspension and etc.

Let say in future like 1-2 years time after saving some fund i would like to swap to 1.5/1.6L engine.
Which one would you reckon between 4g15/4g91/4g92mivec?

Consider this Satria is my toy car to play with and gonna daily drive with it.

And also please advise me which and which will be better in perfomance and easy to mod with such as spare part available for those engine.

Thank you all...

And also FC wise hahahahahaa paiseh2

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Please teach me how to modify all types of car including :
a)engine
b)suspension
c)tyres
d)aerodynamics

Please also tell me where to get those part with reasonable price...
Thank you..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience