4g13 talks

Latebloomer

Known Member
May 19, 2020
Valve seats sorry. Basically incomplete combustion busting out.

Personally I'd fix it. This kinda thing usually means overhaul. Piston rings and valve seats
how long would it take? and the costing?

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Personally I'd fix it. This kinda thing usually means overhaul. Piston rings and valve seats
He was previously thinking of an engine change. Best to monitor first to be doubly sure.

Out of curiosity, what is the mileage of this engine?

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Wat i mean is that i forgot the mileage cause i have not yet use the car daily. Still on restoration
Mileage plays an important part in gauging whether it's valve seal or piston rings. If piston rings, it's a complete overhaul. If it's just valve seal, you only need to open the engine head.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Here's an example of valve seal replacement without opening the head

Latebloomer

Known Member
May 19, 2020

Here's an example of valve seal replacement without opening the head
Thanks bro.. will find out of the cause of it. Any update will be inform. Spark plug already change few weeks ago.

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
Mileage plays an important part in gauging whether it's valve seal or piston rings. If piston rings, it's a complete overhaul. If it's just valve seal, you only need to open the engine head.
mine 20 years at 160k km...
no issue with the rings and valve... touch wood.... choi... choi...

Reactions: sweelt

Latebloomer

Known Member
May 19, 2020
Admit it lah. You are hoping for an something to happen. Then got excuse to drop in a GSRT into it
That will be me :p but not exactly hoping for anything lh actually. Just wanna run the engine first bfo any futher mod. Im planning to play NA for my ride..

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
That will be me :p but not exactly hoping for anything lh actually. Just wanna run the engine first bfo any futher mod. Im planning to play NA for my ride..
Uhm .. you have a 1.3 chassis. 1.8 GSRT out of bounds for you. That's why they all hinted at replacing the car

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I wanna diy to connect the aluminium hose from the front of my bumper to my air filter.But i can't seem to be able to find the aluminium hose. I saw it once in kakimotor in subang but it cost about rm 50 for about 1 meter(i think)...very expensive though! :eek:

Is there anyone out there in zerotohundred who knows where to get a cheaper aluminium hose with good qualities?

URGENT!

Thank You.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience