4g13 talks

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
be prepared to be hammered by people who said you wasted your money
I am one of those. No need go from Point #A, #B, .... #Z. Waste of time and money and plenty of dissatisfaction.
Just get another car and start from there. You will reach #Z faster

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I am one of those. No need go from Point #A, #B, .... #Z. Waste of time and money and plenty of dissatisfaction.
Just get another car and start from there. You will reach #Z faster
All your cars stock oh. I have a fair share of modding some previous cars. Exhaust, air filter, and so on. Was sort of a waste of money. But not until my Mitsu GB died, I swap to manual VR. That was the best decision ever. If not, I would not have kept it, still with me 20 years now......lol

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Bro izso.. i am very appreciate that u were able to share ur experiences. But im still in a dilemma wether to play currrent engine or swap. Dude.. i drive hilux everyday goin to work (company one lh), goin to site somemore the road to the site are even more touge eh.
Honestly lah.. i cant lie to myself tat im not looking for power for my ride. But since engine pricetag are nvr goin down, might as well just stick to my stock engine for awhile. Who knows in future lucky2 got offer cheap engines c/w good wiring somemore. :D
Kuching got many roads to lap lah.. but not as many as Kl. Come visit kuching once in awhile. Right after the pandemic is over. Stay safe guys.
if u ask me... its really dependent on what your goals are... if you just want fun, its not like your car cannot be fun... my old saga was really fun (most cause it was just plain scary/trilling)

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
kay not being able to edit is kind of annoying**

another thing i want to add.... sometimes its just more cost effective to start with a different platform.
You might end up having to spend just way more trying to get a car to reach a certain point over just buying a car thats already there. That was a dilemma i had

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Bro izso.. i am very appreciate that u were able to share ur experiences. But im still in a dilemma wether to play currrent engine or swap. Dude.. i drive hilux everyday goin to work (company one lh), goin to site somemore the road to the site are even more touge eh.
Honestly lah.. i cant lie to myself tat im not looking for power for my ride. But since engine pricetag are nvr goin down, might as well just stick to my stock engine for awhile. Who knows in future lucky2 got offer cheap engines c/w good wiring somemore. :D
Kuching got many roads to lap lah.. but not as many as Kl. Come visit kuching once in awhile. Right after the pandemic is over. Stay safe guys.
Dude.

You want power? Forget about changing to a 1.5L engine la. That's just going from small to slightly small. Still small. Change the car to a 1.8 and turbo charge it. Easily touch 200whp and plenty of torque.

Reactions: minibeany

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Dude.

You want power? Forget about changing to a 1.5L engine la. That's just going from small to slightly small. Still small. Change the car to a 1.8 and turbo charge it. Easily touch 200whp and plenty of torque.
wah this one not just sprinkling poison.... pouring in the whole vat...

Reactions: Latebloomer

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If another body shows up.. tats mean family car lor.. Cnt become toy car already.
Meaning this is a toy car.

- Strip the car naked (inside) and scrape out all the sound proofing and unnecessary plastic parts. But leave the A/B/C pillars and dash.
- Lay down one thin black lightweight carpet material to hide the bare metal.
- Change to a CF or fiber hood (but safety wise is a risk)
- Change to lightweight rims and go for 195/50/15 performance tyres.
- Upgrade to GSR brakes and use good brake pads
- Top overhaul head and skim the head leaving only 1mm behind
- If you got balls and if your mech knows what he's doing swap to Kembara domed pistons.
- Consider some sort of ECU management preferably not piggyback
- Fit a nice bucket seat and steering wheel
- Change all bushes to superpro
- Antiroll bar front and back
- Get a AFPR and service your injectors. Also upgrade your fuel pump and change the filter.
- Get your exhaust done front to back (straight flow 2" and 4-2-1 extractor)
- Consider the room bar, rear tower strut bar and fender bars

And you'll always need RON97 or more if you do the head skim and domed pistons. Personally I wouldn't bother with a performance cam at this point. Maybe later.

You won't be beating your Hilux in a straightline drag race but it'll be plenty spirited to drive with this basic mods.

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
If another body shows up.. tats mean family car lor.. Cnt become toy car already.
Toy car is never a family car....
toy car = mod piston, mod brakes, remove seats, strip whatever not necessary
family car = more seats (baby seats), plush soft toys, big boot space, more leg rooms, big LCD screen entertainment, NOT to speed because "Family on Board" with sticker.

if your toy car is a family car... then, I guess the thread stop... Just keep 1.3 as it is... refurbished your suspension for more comfort ride instead of adjustable. Standard pipe instead or VROOOMM 2 pipe.

- Ditto -

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

just came back from genting yumcha , there's a roadblock once exit Karak into GH intersection , apparently stopping all tinted cars , modded cars not sure as went up with a waja ... anyone kena ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience