4age 20v silvertop vvt solenoid can cause loss of power?

Jul 6, 2017
Kuala Lumpur
hey guys... so recently im experiencing alot of power loss with my 4age 20v silvertop..but the power loss wasn't immediate... it happened within a month and each and everyday i felt the power was getting worse.. i have a feeling that it might be something to do wit the vvt system because one of my friend encountered the same problem and found out it was the vvt solenoid faulty(or oil control valve)
i also cant feel my vvt kick in lol XD
Just wondering can a faulty vvt solenoid really cause power loss? and how do i check whether its working or not?

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Accurately saying its not power loss because the engine doesn't know how to accurately switch the VVT, its crucial so ECU would know when to activate oil flow/pressure while VVT kicks. Overtime they tends to leak cuz the o-ring worn, outter can still be replace but inner one gone case you have to get another solenoid.

Get a new one it cost over 250, you'll be surprise the proper functioning kick is so much satisfying.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Im using s90 on civic b20b but now getting prob on unstable idling n heard many user facing same problem bcs of vacum leak. Some said using 1gen S90 throttle body not facing idling issue. Some of bengkel said S90 itself prob ( most my frenz using on cibiv b series).

I was tried some method to get stable idling like TPS adjust, Iacv clean n etc. no check engine but still getting prob. 1 more wat the diff cooper butterfly wif crom butterfly? Any diff?

Try getting others brand as Skunk2...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience