4-2-1? 4-1? Extractors broken down!

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
those mild steel replacement is ok. better flow than the stock cast iron. the SS headers usually got larger diameter piping and longer header design. you'll suffer a bit at low RPM.
View attachment 576543
this is from a seller on mudah. he advertised it as racing extractor. u can see the length of the pipes going down is longer than stock.

View attachment 576542
this one is from another seller. advertised as JASMA extractor. design is almost same as the racing one, but has a shorter pipes.

View attachment 576544
and this one is your standard besi putih extractor which has a shorter almost stock length piping joints, cheap and cheerful and definitely lighter and better flowing that your stock cast iron. i've used this before on my previous 4g15 auto vdo engine. no complain, does it's job.

actually all those 3 extractor have same dimension..

only material and weld quality different... :biggrin:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
about RM700-800?
have to replace because the ori piping having some 'pimples' and maybe some hole some where along the pipe already.
Just get an off the shelf 4-2-1 + 2" pre-made piping that's mandrel bent with a bullet. Some exhaust shops have these.... great way to cut down cost and get proper piping. Hangers all also are made to fit ngam2 for a wira so there's no headache.

Muffler it's your choice of look + sound. Personally I like straight flows any day even if it's a bit louder. Better performance & FC.

S-Flows are super restrictive and FC suffers slightly, but quieter.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Just get an off the shelf 4-2-1 + 2" pre-made piping that's mandrel bent with a bullet. Some exhaust shops have these.... great way to cut down cost and get proper piping. Hangers all also are made to fit ngam2 for a wira so there's no headache.

Muffler it's your choice of look + sound. Personally I like straight flows any day even if it's a bit louder. Better performance & FC.

S-Flows are super restrictive and FC suffers slightly, but quieter.
+1

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Apologize for the thread.

Had been driving Civic FD for 5 years and decided to change. It had been months but I still can't decide between the W204 AMG and IS250. Pricing wise both bout the same but how bout the performance, comfort and maintainance? Any feedback highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience