3SGTE intake manifold mod

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
Hi deblue, too expensive...........USD950.00 for the intake hdr. May be grp buy can nego.......will try to nego.:driver:

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
This JUN replica intake if made to spec should flow more air not replacing TVIS. You can gut the TVIS. I did mine and it just act as an adapter plate now without throttle plates which aids better air flow. If you take a careful look at the manifold, TVIS assembly and the head all are misaligned by a couple of mm. You can mark them and grind them to align up the holes, that would give much better flow as steps causes air turbulence and that disrupt the air flow. You want a smooth flow of air into the combustion chamber.:biggrin:

EDDYSW20

Known Member
Oct 16, 2009
Negeri Sembilan
Smooth & unrestricted flow I agree, just wondering what would the ECU think? I've been considering removing those butterflies, but did you note any difference at low idle or low rpm?

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
Why don't you pull off the vacuum hose at the TVIS actuator and vacuum plug the hose. Drive around to see if you like it or not before you gut the TVIS. I believe your having the 225 engine?

tom's

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
subang
www.zerotohundred.com
mickey.....this is the manifold i'm talking about

tom's

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
subang
www.zerotohundred.com
fitted the manifold to mr2 245 engine and it seem to be able to pass the distributor n sit higher than the original manifold

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

I'm driving evo 3, using exedy standard clutch and plate, my clutch seems to be giving way now , more slippage, thinking of changing just the clutch to exedy 4puck/3puck racing clutch , and use back the my current clutch plate, as its just 6monthz old, is it ok if I just change the clutch?..tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience