350z is not an ideal car for track?

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
YSL, miss you man.. long time didn't see u liao.. haha.

ysl

Known Member
Oct 23, 2009
B'worth/Penang
Practice with FF track car last week. the car is much more easier to control than FR car. I confidently throttle and turn into T5, managed to throw the car over T7/8 and start throttle just after T7, managed to turn fast into T14 with early throttle and cause some understeer and always miss apex but still able to get back the line fast.

Thrill of driving Z is not there.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Hi all,
I'm Kenny of Kegani Autotech. was invited by ysl to join in this topic. I hope to share some information with you guys about my impression on the Z and when it is on track.

the Z certainly has good handling characteristics, being a rear wheel drive car has the advantage of early acceleration, handling feedback is good.
The stock transmission ratio apparently was pretty match for Sepang track, yet, can be further fine tune to trim down lap times. The v6 engine produce good torque and acceleration, important for turn exit, despite the car weight.

I've done a corner weight on the car before, the front : rear ratio was 55:45, and cross weight was at 48+. Further setup can achieve a cross weight of 50/50.
however, it's a mean 1,500kg heavy car.

The Nismo380RS with lightweight cf body parts weight 1,370kg, trust that a fully stripped Z super time attack car can easily achieve 1300kg.
paired up with a target 380ps engine, giving a 3.38 power to weight ratio, that is slightly higher than a Porsche 997 GT3. (referred to MME2010 GT4 list).
by figures, it's seems be a competitive race car.

On track impression, the rear wheel drives really turns the driver on at all time. Having a full lock LSD installed makes the car very 'tail happy', but with some damper adjustment will minimize oversteering at turn exit.
Good straight line speed + 1,500kg car = braking point gotta be early.
With a good big brake kit installed, you should be able to do your braking at 120m.
something like 355mm rotor and a 6pot brake kit will be ideal.

It is a "driver's :driver: challenging car" and I must highlight that the engine and exhaust sounds really unforgetable... :adore:
Hmm.. reading this makes me regret not having done more mods to the Zed. In fact, I've only seen my old car once on the road and I wonder if the guy who bought it is active on ZTH.

It was a black 350z. W** 3883 and last I saw it still had the same rims, etc so I guess the guy liked it as is.

ysl

Known Member
Oct 23, 2009
B'worth/Penang
[PIMPIN];4532241 said:
Hmm.. reading this makes me regret not having done more mods to the Zed. In fact, I've only seen my old car once on the road and I wonder if the guy who bought it is active on ZTH.

It was a black 350z. W** 3883 and last I saw it still had the same rims, etc so I guess the guy liked it as is.
Get another one and mod again la bro, then we go test drive together. Z33 price dropped a lot, worth to buy a performance sports car at that price.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Get another one and mod again la bro, then we go test drive together. Z33 price dropped a lot, worth to buy a performance sports car at that price.
Hahah I wish bro. As mentioned in PMs, I've decided to take things slow and put money into investments and business. In fact, moving into a few new areas at the moment not to mention the commitments etc.

If buy 130-150k also would end up spending another 30k-50k on mods. Too much juggling to free up that much at this time. :idea:

ysl

Known Member
Oct 23, 2009
B'worth/Penang
Need help!

Any one know where to get Yokohama 18" Advan RZ or Nismo LMGT or whatever lightweight strong rim.

Instant stock, dun wan to wait 2-3 months.

spec: 18" 5H 114.3, offset within 20-25, 9J front and 10J rear.

Thanks a lot!

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Need help!

Any one know where to get Yokohama 18" Advan RZ or Nismo LMGT or whatever lightweight strong rim.

Instant stock, dun wan to wait 2-3 months.

spec: 18" 5H 114.3, offset within 20-25, 9J front and 10J rear.

Thanks a lot!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hungarian Nino Karotta, with his tongue twisting antics, have penned up one of his ultimate dream ideas, to make a monster drift machine out of totally oxidized metal. He uses an old, run down 260Z S30 2 seater, named Aardvark and he shoehorns an awesome 350Z engine into it and runs on S13 200SX's undercarriage components. His engineering feat is amazing. I'm sure all of us can't wait to see this old...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience