3.0L to 2.5L advice and comment needed

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
oh don't plan to sell the arm rest.. sorry. Planning to install it as it is the non handbrake version (not sure what it is called haha), uses the leg lever instead. If u are interested, i have the black out meter cluster and a very good condition dashboard :)

how about ur ori one? i juz need the bracket coz mine was totally broke...

black meter? steering wanna sell? :driver:

btw u from cheras? come yam cha.... let me test drive 2.5 one.. may be i will get poison :biggrin:

how2drive

Known Member
Jan 31, 2005
Petaling Jaya
www.da-eventhouse.com
how about ur ori one? i juz need the bracket coz mine was totally broke...

black meter? steering wanna sell? :driver:

btw u from cheras? come yam cha.... let me test drive 2.5 one.. may be i will get poison :biggrin:
Black meter, lights up when u insert the key.... similar to myvi and some other cars. Steering didn't come in with the half cut :)

Armrest ar.... can can, come and pick it up :) I m from SS2 pj, if wanna yum cha anywhere in pj can la

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
interested in ur black meter, but not sure whether it'll fit the harness of VQ25 meter. I've converted the whole dashboard to VQ25 one and now having problem of inaccurate speedo reading on VQ25 meter

how2drive

Known Member
Jan 31, 2005
Petaling Jaya
www.da-eventhouse.com
interested in ur black meter, but not sure whether it'll fit the harness of VQ25 meter. I've converted the whole dashboard to VQ25 one and now having problem of inaccurate speedo reading on VQ25 meter
To my understanding, there is wiring works that needs to be done in order to get the entire black meter to function. Not too sure on the details. The black meter was actually on my existing car but planning to take it out and install the meter that came with the half cut.

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
To my understanding, there is wiring works that needs to be done in order to get the entire black meter to function. Not too sure on the details. The black meter was actually on my existing car but planning to take it out and install the meter that came with the half cut.
i only want d black plastic cover coz...

mine is mt

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
ur existing car? u hv 2 cefiro?

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
How2drive, the meter looks exactly the same as my existing one other than the darkened plastic. Can u elaborate more on how it'll "lights up when insert key"? Is it immediately after key insert the whole meter lights up? Or is it just the odo lights up?

how2drive

Known Member
Jan 31, 2005
Petaling Jaya
www.da-eventhouse.com
seizai, yea ex owner modded it :) quite cool la the digital part haha.

Ctk: its all black, once u turn on your key to acc.... it lights up all the gauges and also the odo. Good example i can think of now is myvi, similar method.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Bro...

I would say rebuild your engine if you love it. If you swap with 2.5L, it is a 2nd hand unit too right? And those symptoms might just pop up again as those problems are usual on an old, used engine. Go rebuild the 3.0L and you at least have a warranty from the shop.

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
i checked for costs rebuilding the engine, it's way too higher than a half cut. Maybe mine was too terrible to rebuild, cos my radiator pipes corroded, engine leaking like hell, brake pump problems, drive shaft and steering rack problems, etc.

So, it depends on how terrible is your existing engine's condition, and what major parts that u want to replace

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
i checked for costs rebuilding the engine, it's way too higher than a half cut. Maybe mine was too terrible to rebuild, cos my radiator pipes corroded, engine leaking like hell, brake pump problems, drive shaft and steering rack problems, etc.

So, it depends on how terrible is your existing engine's condition, and what major parts that u want to replace
Hmm...Sounds like your is in really bad condition. Where did you get the price? Maybe shop for somewhere cheaper? Maybe source some good condition 2nd hand parts to rebuild?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all, i'm planning to buy a new engine on my wira aeroback 1.3..going for half-cut....my choice is Mivec 1.6+rear breakdisk but without putting in the dashboard,and bodykit to save my $$$$...i'm preparing about 7k in about 4 month...is it possible to get a rear breakdisk and mivec engine for only 7k...can u advise how much money should i prepare....

and can you guys list down what kind of meter can i put into my car ofter my mivec transplant example = autotimer,mivec...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience