2nd dose of Tufoil

tintin

Known Member
Nov 28, 2003
PJ
Focal Point,

I'm using Tufoil in my second oil change now. It says to use about 1/2 (4 oz?) a bottle for second and subsequent oil changes, right? I've just one small quirk I would like to point out. It's very difficult to judge how much is poured since the bottle is completely black and it doesn't help by shaking it to see how much is still in the bottle. I would suggest the bottle have a transparent/translucent vertical line (like in engine oil containers) at the side of the bottle. What say you?

A satisfied Tufoil user,

tintin

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Tintin, it's great to hear that you are a satified Tufoil user. Many thanks for your support.

The bottle is black and hence it is difficult to gauge if you had poured in a half of its contents. The box says 2nd dosage - a minimum of 4oz. or half. As a rule of thumb, we just pour it in. No need to be accurate. A lot of people we met are using the full bottle for 2nd round though. Experience may help you to be more accurate.

tintin

Known Member
Nov 28, 2003
PJ
Originally posted by FocalPoint@Nov 18 2004, 19:05
Tintin, it's great to hear that you are a satified Tufoil user. Many thanks for your support.

The bottle is black and hence it is difficult to gauge if you had poured in a half of its contents. The box says 2nd dosage - a minimum of 4oz. or half. As a rule of thumb, we just pour it in. No need to be accurate. A lot of people we met are using the full bottle for 2nd round though. Experience may help you to be more accurate.
Thanks for your feedback. Really quick! I'm considering pouring the whole bottle now. I'm just trying to be a little cheapskate(!!) by pouring only half a bottle... Hahaha.... nah, actually just following instructions. I didn't want it to be an overkill on the 2nd dose coz I already poured a full bottle the first oil change.

Thanks again.

tintin

donchichi

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Subang Jaya
Visit site
Yeah I do admit its hard to gauge the 2nd and subsequent dose. But I share my half bottle now with my gf. :) You can get those measuring utensils like the ones from the kitchen.

protnosss

Known Member
Nov 17, 2004
it is good if tufoil can use transparent bottles........

if we use 65-70%....the next time will have about 30% left which is not enough according to specs

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Thanks for all the constructive comments about the ideal bottle.

We certainly appreciate all of them.

Will find a way somehow to make everybody happy one of these days.

Those measuring cups - you can improvise from used Vitagen or yogurt bottles. Some people are already doing them. It is 237ml divided by 2, which is 118ml for th dosage.

tintin

Known Member
Nov 28, 2003
PJ
Originally posted by protnosss@Nov 18 2004, 20:51
if we use 65-70%....the next time will have about 30% left which is not enough according to specs
You are right! That's my point exactly.

But the vitagen bottle could be an alternative. But the only thing is Tufoil have to be poured into the vitagen bottle first to measure it and then to the engine. I really hate to see the leftovers (since it's so thick) in the bottle after pouring since I use every last drop... just like my engine oil! That is unless i leave it upside down in the engine oil opening overnight!

tintin

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Waste not the good stuff. Introduce some fresh engine oil into the bottle and shake it vigorously. You will be surprised to see it all coming out.

tintin

Known Member
Nov 28, 2003
PJ
Originally posted by FocalPoint@Nov 19 2004, 09:17
Waste not the good stuff. Introduce some fresh engine oil into the bottle and shake it vigorously. You will be surprised to see it all coming out.
Yeah.... I never waste ANY good stuff!

Pouring fresh engine oil into the vitagen bottle is definitely the way to go. Thanks for the idea. I shall do this the next time I use Tufoil.

arthats

Nov 22, 2004
i use engine flush everytime i change my engine lubricants on my engine...so do i have repour the entire bottle of the Tufoil into my engine again even though i had already pour an entire bottle into the previous engine oil change...

thanx

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
There is no need to flush engine at every oil change.

You can flush at 50,000 km intervals.

Some flushes can be quite corrosive and can take out more than intended, Not only will sludge comes out, even the honey coloured sheen on the engine is stripped bare. The latter acts as a good protective layer that takes years to build up.

After flushing, the interior of the engine often takes the form of bare metal much like zinc that is left to oxidise. Internal engine friction may increase. We recommend that you use the full bottle after flushing to save that engine.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i would like to try to do my own headlight cover using plastic ( somethg like those fd or fc clear light,no more flip). any1 knw wat kind of plastic to i need to use and where to get ?? how oem head light material where can get ah ??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience