23rd August 2009 Track Day!!

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
ya... Talking about the HPC when they will hv it again?? As some of my friends I also ask them to join this event. A good place for us to learn as a strating point.

As for T12 I always go slow.... unless there is not cars in T13 to T14.

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
last time 1 2 yrs back track day, can always learn with ease.....for high speed corners can easily pick up the tips....nowadays its almost impossible to even drive in ease....u see cars road hogging on racing lines....forcing experienced drivers to do the impossible to swing around......i thought the plan was to contain max 150 cars....i think its still more than dat...n for goodness sake....why r there so many cars parking behind the pitstops ?

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
this one i fully agree..coz most of the time track car they got nothing to loose..
i agree w dis as well...coz i was once knocked by a track SGTi.....d fella din even bother 2 apologize until i chased him back 2 d pits n confronted him....thn only he 1na say sorry,but dat oso like he doesnt' mean it......n d BEST part?dis fella goes 2 d same workshop as i do...twisted d whole story n say i was d 1 who knock into him.....i haven't fix d dent on my car yet....so every1 dat saw d dent n whn i told them d story how it happened..everybody understood dat i was d victim.....

2 get knock by sum bozo is bad enuff.....get bad mouthed by d same bozo..even worst!

n just finished watching jdmsupplies' video..dat GTR/GTT really asking 4 trouble ler cutting across d lane like dat approaching T12?!!!

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
seem like SIC management need to sweep up for the cars open track day??

pinecitygarage

Known Member
Aug 22, 2009
SoCal & Baguio
baguioautoforums.com
Really enjoyed the Pics and Videos Fellas :) although some moves being done by other drivers made me very nervous as this was a mix of experienced, intermediate and Beginner Drivers

I got a suggestion,

Here is what we do in the U.S. for open Club track days at Willow Springs or Buttonwillow Raceway.

1. We group the Beginners, Intermediates and Advanced Drivers
2. on the 1st session of the day for the Beginners we pair them up with Advanced Drivers who...
a. drive and instruct while beginner rides shotgun
b. then let the beginner drive while they instruct them
c. Beginner can not run at the track unless he/she gets the OK/thumbs up from the Advanced driver to be able to handle himself and the car on the track driving solo
3. So we Have 3 Run Groups based on Beginners, Intermediates (people who have had at least 5 track days) and ADvanced Drivers (semi pro and pro drivers with either a competition license or who have attended and passed HPDE classes for competition)
4. Sessions are 20 or 30 Minutes per Session at 5 Sessions for each run Group per Day.
5. anyone who gets black flagged or ignores ...example a Caution Flag Yellow will get called back in the pits and get a nice talk with the track Officials

Beginners:
a. can only pass when signalled by a hand signal/wave from the driver being passed (Gentleman's race) Driver must admit that the car behind him/her is too fast and will need to give in to a pass
b. can only pass on straightaways
c. driver being passed must move to his left
d. Faster driver can only pass to the right

Just my 2 cents Gentlemen - hope this will contribute towards a SAFER track day for all you guys.

Tevs

Last edited:

gti88

1,500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Really enjoyed the Pics and Videos Fellas :) although some moves being done by other drivers made me very nervous as this was a mix of experienced, intermediate and Beginner Drivers

I got a suggestion,

Here is what we do in the U.S. for open Club track days at Willow Springs or Buttonwillow Raceway.

1. We group the Beginners, Intermediates and Advanced Drivers
2. on the 1st session of the day for the Beginners we pair them up with Advanced Drivers who...
a. drive and instruct while beginner rides shotgun
b. then let the beginner drive while they instruct them
c. Beginner can not run at the track unless he/she gets the OK/thumbs up from the Advanced driver to be able to handle himself and the car on the track driving solo
3. So we Have 3 Run Groups based on Beginners, Intermediates (people who have had at least 5 track days) and ADvanced Drivers (semi pro and pro drivers with either a competition license or who have attended and passed HPDE classes for competition)
4. Sessions are 20 or 30 Minutes per Session at 5 Sessions for each run Group per Day.
5. anyone who gets black flagged or ignores ...example a Caution Flag Yellow will get called back in the pits and get a nice talk with the track Officials

Beginners:
a. can only pass when signalled by a hand signal/wave from the driver being passed (Gentleman's race) Driver must admit that the car behind him/her is too fast and will need to give in to a pass
b. can only pass on straightaways
c. driver being passed must move to his left
d. Faster driver can only pass to the right

Just my 2 cents Gentlemen - hope this will contribute towards a SAFER track day for all you guys.

Tevs

That's what HPC (High Performance Challenge) do for their events.
But lately they've stop having events for 2009.
HPC events are good, but offer very little track time.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
That's what HPC (High Performance Challenge) do for their events.
But lately they've stop having events for 2009.
HPC events are good, but offer very little track time.
HPC gives each Group, three 25 mins runs. So actual driving time is 1 hour 10 mins.

In Open Track days there's 3 hours but our actual driving time is less than that, eg last Sunday I drove 4 times , each one lasting about 15-18 mins, so total was 1 hour + . Add to that we didn't really get much clear laps, so kinda wasted.

So the track time HPC offers, in addition to the segregation of drivers according to experince means we get more quality driving time.

They having one coming up after raya. Wait for the official announcement.

pinecitygarage,
HPC's model was actually on those US track days

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
Faisal,
Do keep us posted about the HPC event, do u know the agak date after Raya....? A good starting point for ppl 1st time in SIC.

I also start from HPC 4 years ago... that time realy peiseh.... spin in most of the corners, miss all the braking point & what's "the line"?

pinecitygarage

Known Member
Aug 22, 2009
SoCal & Baguio
baguioautoforums.com
faisal - thats great to hear they have HPC events and you are right on the money for sure with more Quality track time instead of everyone just parading around due to Caution Flags - the set-up has served us well in the U.S. with minimal off-track (farming) and collision incidents. driving on a track with a bunch of newbies on their own is reeaaally scary

If i ever do visit there, i will make sure to schedule it in the same time as an HPC event.

What kind of rental cars are available, that we can punish on the track, hehe ;)

Tevs

Last edited:

gti88

1,500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
HPC gives each Group, three 25 mins runs. So actual driving time is 1 hour 10 mins.

In Open Track days there's 3 hours but our actual driving time is less than that, eg last Sunday I drove 4 times , each one lasting about 15-18 mins, so total was 1 hour + . Add to that we didn't really get much clear laps, so kinda wasted.

So the track time HPC offers, in addition to the segregation of drivers according to experince means we get more quality driving time.

They having one coming up after raya. Wait for the official announcement.

pinecitygarage,
HPC's model was actually on those US track days

Yo Faisal !

That day (23/8) I did a lot of outings of 10-20mins each, and I feel its better for me cause
I can go in and out whenever I feel like it instead of waiting for the group like HPC.

Both have its pros and cons, private track day would be the best.
Higher entry fees meaning so much less cars, thus less traffic and we don't have to look
at our mirrors all the time like open track day. Pay more for less pressure, definately worth it !

See you next Saturday. :driver:

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Yo Faisal !

That day (23/8) I did a lot of outings of 10-20mins each, and I feel its better for me cause
I can go in and out whenever I feel like it instead of waiting for the group like HPC.

Both have its pros and cons, private track day would be the best.
Higher entry fees meaning so much less cars, thus less traffic and we don't have to look
at our mirrors all the time like open track day. Pay more for less pressure, definately worth it !

See you next Saturday. :driver:
No doubt both has it's pros & cons. And Yes, I agree having an open pitlane rule (such as RCA or Open Track Day) is better as you can take to the track as you please.

But in the case of last Sunday's over subscribed Track day, having mobile chicanes and runs interrupted due to Red flags can be frustrating.

For the intermediate or experts, an open Track Day, or RCA would suit them fine. But For Beginners, a track day that is more structured , with Instructors, makes more sense.

I hear RCA may soon have Track Instructors, at an additional fee.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hii guys,
my wira se have a timing problem. the timing is so rendah. Can anyone help me suggest any workshop can redo timing cause i heard the protong service charge mahal for this thing.
and how much the cost.
tq.
:nurse:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience