205/45/16 tyre recommandation

evo2006

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
i m currently using toyo t1r as my front tyre, wheras the rear tyre i m using is falken ze522. this falken ze522 is really very shit., one day i m down from genting, a litter bit rainning, i slowly pass by the corner, suddenly the car is buang, lukily dint hit the divider or longkang. i m just cornering with very slow speed also like that, cannot imagine if i drive fast.

i m dicided to change this rear tyre, thinking of t1r as well, but the price is rm360 per peace. expensive. so just to ask some recommandation here any tyre 205/45/16 below rm300 per peace and the performance is ok interm of dry and wet road. dont want those korea and china tyre.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i m currently using toyo t1r as my front tyre, wheras the rear tyre i m using is falken ze522. this falken ze522 is really very shit., one day i m down from genting, a litter bit rainning, i slowly pass by the corner, suddenly the car is buang, lukily dint hit the divider or longkang. i m just cornering with very slow speed also like that, cannot imagine if i drive fast.

i m dicided to change this rear tyre, thinking of t1r as well, but the price is rm360 per peace. expensive. so just to ask some recommandation here any tyre 205/45/16 below rm300 per peace and the performance is ok interm of dry and wet road. dont want those korea and china tyre.
ZE-522 are just economy tyres that looks sporty. Wet handling is very poor.

As for your tyres, if no Korean then better stick to your T1-R. Michelin PS3 is in RM400 region, Yoko S-Drive are around RM350. Better check if the T1-R are still Japan made as many models are now made in Malaysia...

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
below 300 for a 16 inch rim is hard unless u dont mind korean or indon tire.
have to live with high tire price as your rim increase in size.
again,unless u dont mind using unknown or unpopular brand.
not sure if atr sport can be bought below rm300 for your size.

me,once my 16 inch rim has its tire worn out,i will most likely downgrade to 15 inch rim.very wide choice of tire.

evo2006

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
falken 522 really suck, after the genting incident,each time i cornering when rainning i will feel very scare, try to cornering as slow as possible. last time i change 4 pcs of falken together when change the sport rim, choose falken 522 because only rm205 per pc. use ultil 2 years the problem already come out even though the tread still have more then 70 percent.

the tyre shop boss told me that the toyo t1r will still import from japan, the price is consider cheap because tyre import from japan enjoy tax free. another toyo model will produce in malaysia.

how about bridgestone my02? price? last time i used my01, but the tread always eat one side, waste money.

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

if normal tyre also rm350 one pc, then is better choose toyo t1r that made in japan and performance tyre

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
please avoid my02.
its cheap becoz its lousy.

my bro's w124 came with the tire when he bough it.
will looses traction when given the slightest chance.
even my eco tire bs ecopia is way better.
not that i want u to go for ecopia.

evo2006

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
i seldom high speed cornering,that make me think that is waste for me if use toyo t1r. i just want to buy the tyre for normal use only,and the important is wont perform lousy on wet road

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
below 300 for a 16 inch rim is hard unless u dont mind korean or indon tire.
have to live with high tire price as your rim increase in size.
again,unless u dont mind using unknown or unpopular brand.
not sure if atr sport can be bought below rm300 for your size.

me,once my 16 inch rim has its tire worn out,i will most likely downgrade to 15 inch rim.very wide choice of tire.
Ha already mentioned no Korean or China tyres.....:smokin:

ATR Sports can get at RM200 for his size. 17" only around RM240...:driver:

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

falken 522 really suck, after the genting incident,each time i cornering when rainning i will feel very scare, try to cornering as slow as possible. last time i change 4 pcs of falken together when change the sport rim, choose falken 522 because only rm205 per pc. use ultil 2 years the problem already come out even though the tread still have more then 70 percent.

the tyre shop boss told me that the toyo t1r will still import from japan, the price is consider cheap because tyre import from japan enjoy tax free. another toyo model will produce in malaysia.

how about bridgestone my02? price? last time i used my01, but the tread always eat one side, waste money.

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

if normal tyre also rm350 one pc, then is better choose toyo t1r that made in japan and performance tyre
Agree with bro. gunnerzz, avoid MY-02, not much better then the ZE-522

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

i seldom high speed cornering,that make me think that is waste for me if use toyo t1r. i just want to buy the tyre for normal use only,and the important is wont perform lousy on wet road
Brother, you mention don't do high speed corner, and yet in Genting you skid. Tyres are safety items, best to get good grip tyres as you will never know when you need them when required. Safety first, get good grip/handling tyres if can afford them.....:smokin:

evo2006

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Brother, you mention don't do high speed corner, and yet in Genting you skid. Tyres are safety items, best to get good grip tyres as you will never know when you need them when required. Safety first, get good grip/handling tyres if can afford them.....:smokin:
any recommand?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
any recommand?
How much are your T1-R? If within your budget get those. Other branded ones are above RM300

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

well...u pay the cheap price first and after that only u discover that its lousy.so cheap comes first...hahahah
In a way cheap then buy, test only know is lousy. If know lousy also won't buy even though cheap.....hahhahhahahhaa:rofl:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Evo2006, better pay extra bucks for good tyres....for safer and confident driving. this is true when you drive a lot, like to Genting.
A Porsche wont perform as it should without a good set of tyres. Tyres are the only contact patches between your car and the road.

No point saving abit money but risk your car, your life....and maybe regret (again) for using lousy tyres.

evo2006

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006

atr is which country tyre,how the performance on wet road and cornering?eith the same price with ze522,will it better then ze522?

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Evo2006, better pay extra bucks for good tyres....for safer and confident driving. this is true when you drive a lot, like to Genting.
A Porsche wont perform as it should without a good set of tyres. Tyres are the only contact patches between your car and the road.

No point saving abit money but risk your car, your life....and maybe regret (again) for using lousy tyres.
thanks for ur advice brother, i only know cheap tyre really danger to our life after the incident

Last edited:

evo2006

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
after the incident until now almost 8 month i m not going up genting anymore,and feel afraid and scare everytime driving when rainning

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

i bought the t1r last year 360 per pc

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just bought an evo 3 throttle body. The seller said that it would fit into wira 1.6 and same goes to Perdana sei.

Perdana sei is my car. Currently im using jasma 72mm throttle body which in the end have its sensor broken and i tried installing evo 3 throttle body but the timing/rpm went bursting everytime i start the car, and i'll quickly turn off the engine. And now i've cabut it back.

so... CAN REALLY EVO 3 TROTTLE BODY FITS PERDANA SEI STANDARD ENGINE?

if can, do i need some...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience