Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

The LC500 Convertible is now in Malaysia. Debuted today, the ultra flamboyant open top GT car is said to be more than just a chopped top Lc500 coupe.

4.9 sec / 470hp / 540nm / 5L V8 NA / 10 speed automatic with paddle shifts / 270kmh / 1970kg / adaptive suspension / soft top opens 15 sec closes 16 sec max 50kmh / RM1,350,000.00

Going Topless

The convertible move apparently improve driving dynamics by being lighter at the top, which is made possible by the lightweight roof structure constructed from 3 layers of fabric and 1 layer of NVH material. Despite adding 90kg to the overall weight, this fabric soft top is not only lighter, it allows better use of space, contributing to more cabin real estate which would've been difficult with a metal folding roof.

The roof opens in 15 seconds, closes in 16 seconds and can be operated at speeds below 50kmh

Handling

It runs on adaptive damping all round, which Lexus calls the Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS). The system features 650 levels of damping force and has been tuned exclusively for the LC500 convertible.

Lexus says the convertible will closely mimic the driving dynamics of the coupe version in either topless or top-up modes, hinting at the very rigid body via inclusion of structural bracing, reinforcement or welding points and the use of adhesives at body joints.

Exterior

• 3-beam LED projector headlights
  • Spindle Grille
  • Rear LED taillights with infinity mirror motif
  • 3rd brake light integrated into trunk lid edge
  • 21-inch forged wheels with two-tone polished and black finish

Inside

• 2+2 seating configuration
  • 8-way powered leather sport seats
  • 8" digital instrument cluster with heads up display
  • 10.3" split screen multimedia display
  • Apple Carplay and Android Auto
  • Mark Levinson 13 speaker system with surround sound
  • Convertible wind deflector
  • Interior colour options: Flare Red / Black / Ocher

Safety

Apart from the life saving active roll bars that extend upwards when a rollover is detected and the usual 6 airbags, the LC500 convertible also comes with a suite of advanced safety system via LSS+ (Lexus Safety System+) which includes Pre-Collision System, Lane Departure Alert with Lane Keep Assist, Dynamic Radar Cruise Control and Automatic High Beams

Colours

• White Nova Glass Flake
  • Deep Blue Mica
  • Sonic Silver
  • Terrane Khaki Mica Metallic
  • Naples Yellow Contrast Layering
  • Blazing Carnelian Contrast Layering
  • Radiant Red Contrast Layering
  • Black
  • Graphite Black Glass Flake
  • Dark Gray Mica
  • Sonic Titanium
  • Roof colour options: black or beige

Price

• RM1,350,000.00 after sales and service tax without insurance
  • 5-year unlimited mileage warranty plus free service or first 100,000km
  • Early buyers expect to receive their LC500 Convertibles beginning February 2021

UMW Toyota Malaysia

“The new LC 500 Convertible brings with it specific attributes that can only be associated with open top driving,” explains Deputy Chairman of Lexus Malaysia Mr Akio Takeyama. “Armed with dynamic performance and handling as well as a sexy sillhouette, the new model not only elevates the sensorial
experience for the driver but also allows them to feel more closely connected to the car, the road and their surroundings.”

“The arrival of the new LC 500 Convertible demonstrates Lexus Malaysia’s commitment in delivering the very best in performance, luxury and exclusivity, which discerning drivers crave for in today’s
automotive market. This ultimate luxury performance car is a true stand-out that brings sexiness back to the road,” said Mr Ravindran K., President of Lexus Malaysia.

Reactions: Needles Tosay

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

The LC500 Convertible is now in Malaysia. Debuted today, the ultra flamboyant open top GT car is said to be more than just a chopped top Lc500 coupe.

4.9 sec / 470hp / 540nm / 5L V8 NA / 10 speed automatic with paddle shifts / 270kmh / 1970kg / adaptive suspension / soft top opens 15 sec closes 16 sec max 50kmh / RM1,350,000.00

Going Topless

The convertible move apparently improve driving dynamics by being lighter at the top, which is made possible by the lightweight roof structure constructed from 3 layers of fabric and 1 layer of NVH material. Despite adding 90kg to the overall weight, this fabric soft top is not only lighter, it allows better use of space, contributing to more cabin real estate which would've been difficult with a metal folding roof.

The roof opens in 15 seconds, closes in 16 seconds and can be operated at speeds below 50kmh

Handling

It runs on adaptive damping all round, which Lexus calls the Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS). The system features 650 levels of damping force and has been tuned exclusively for the LC500 convertible.

Lexus says the convertible will closely mimic the driving dynamics of the coupe version in either topless or top-up modes, hinting at the very rigid body via inclusion of structural bracing, reinforcement or welding points and the use of adhesives at body joints.

Exterior

• 3-beam LED projector headlights
  • Spindle Grille
  • Rear LED taillights with infinity mirror motif
  • 3rd brake light integrated into trunk lid edge
  • 21-inch forged wheels with two-tone polished and black finish

Inside

• 2+2 seating configuration
  • 8-way powered leather sport seats
  • 8" digital instrument cluster with heads up display
  • 10.3" split screen multimedia display
  • Apple Carplay and Android Auto
  • Mark Levinson 13 speaker system with surround sound
  • Convertible wind deflector
  • Interior colour options: Flare Red / Black / Ocher

Safety

Apart from the life saving active roll bars that extend upwards when a rollover is detected and the usual 6 airbags, the LC500 convertible also comes with a suite of advanced safety system via LSS+ (Lexus Safety System+) which includes Pre-Collision System, Lane Departure Alert with Lane Keep Assist, Dynamic Radar Cruise Control and Automatic High Beams

Colours

• White Nova Glass Flake
  • Deep Blue Mica
  • Sonic Silver
  • Terrane Khaki Mica Metallic
  • Naples Yellow Contrast Layering
  • Blazing Carnelian Contrast Layering
  • Radiant Red Contrast Layering
  • Black
  • Graphite Black Glass Flake
  • Dark Gray Mica
  • Sonic Titanium
  • Roof colour options: black or beige

Price

• RM1,350,000.00 after sales and service tax without insurance
  • 5-year unlimited mileage warranty plus free service or first 100,000km
  • Early buyers expect to receive their LC500 Convertibles beginning February 2021

UMW Toyota Malaysia

“The new LC 500 Convertible brings with it specific attributes that can only be associated with open top driving,” explains Deputy Chairman of Lexus Malaysia Mr Akio Takeyama. “Armed with dynamic performance and handling as well as a sexy sillhouette, the new model not only elevates the sensorial
experience for the driver but also allows them to feel more closely connected to the car, the road and their surroundings.”

“The arrival of the new LC 500 Convertible demonstrates Lexus Malaysia’s commitment in delivering the very best in performance, luxury and exclusivity, which discerning drivers crave for in today’s
automotive market. This ultimate luxury performance car is a true stand-out that brings sexiness back to the road,” said Mr Ravindran K., President of Lexus Malaysia.
Hey Tom, does the top take up boot space when lowered?

At this price range it's competing with the big names. I wonder if people will bite

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Hey Tom, does the top take up boot space when lowered?

At this price range it's competing with the big names. I wonder if people will bite
probably does, it looks like it will

i heard they've sold a couple too

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
i heard they've sold a couple too
i saw the price and I was wondering who buys this. And I think to myself, I rather buy a Ferrari.

Then it occurred to me, the person buying this already has a Ferrari, he just needs a reliable Lexus to drive out to 7-Eleven to grab a loaf of Gardenia.

Reactions: Izso

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i saw the price and I was wondering who buys this. And I think to myself, I rather buy a Ferrari.

Then it occurred to me, the person buying this already has a Ferrari, he just needs a reliable Lexus to drive out to 7-Eleven to grab a loaf of Gardenia.
In other words, For maid to use......hahhahhahaha

• Haha
Reactions: Izso

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

Yeah pretty sure he /she must have a couple of Ferraris, 3 BMWs 2 Mercs and a herd of other cars. Probably bought this over a whatsapp message without looking at the real car

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It was a twist of a different kind that will be keeping Ken Block out of the Rally of Portugal following an accident that saw him send his Ford Fiesta WRC car airborne with multiple rolls mid-air before coming to a halt on its side in a ditch.

Block and his teammate Alex Gelsomino were out doing shakedown and practice runs for the rally when the DC Shoes founder clipped the inside of a turn too deep and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience