2019 Proton Saga Launched! - RM33K onwards

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
2019 Proton Saga Launched! - RM33K onwards

There it is, the latest, most evolved Proton Saga since the Proton x Geely partnership is finally here. It is also Proton's best selling product - contributed a staggering 2 million cars, literally half of the national car maker's 4 million vehicles sold since inception.

As you'd expect from the recent changes made in Proton, this newly facelifted Saga has been improved all round, is more refined throughout and pack tempting features previously unattainable in cars of this segment. But one thing It'll not get is the "Hi Proton" driving companion.

The Saga will still be powered by 95hp / 120nm 1.3 litre four-cylinder engine and comes with either the 5 speed manual or 4 speed auto

2019 Proton Saga notable features:

- New, large 7 inch floating android In car entertainment touch screen display, which is mounted centrally above the repositioned air con vents.
- 4 speed torque converter automatic transmission sourced from Hyundai replaces the CVT
- New, more dynamic front and rear bumper looks good, is a lot more pronounced and sporty.
- Unmissable, horizontal LED daytime running lights are featured in the front bumper
- New face has integrated "Infinite Weave" motif in the front grill.
- New 15" wheels are fashioned in polished twin 5 spoke design, with 185/55 Silverstone Kruizer tyres
- New interior LED map lights is a lot larger than before and nestles within higher quality Tricot headlining.
- New remote key fob opens the bootlid, and does away with the key hole.
- Better brakes comprises bigger front disc brakes and also the rear drums
- Now has ABS as standard including EBD, brake assist and auto hill hold.

Colours:
Snow White, Armoured Silver, Jet Grey, Rosewood Maroon, Ruby Red

Prices:
Saga 1.3L Premium AT RM39,800
Saga 1.3L Standard AT RM35,800
Saga 1.3L Standard MT RM32,800
All prices are OTR without Insurance
Continue reading the Post.

Last edited:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
The seat material looks like a worn out jeans. Kind of interesting choice of material there.

The rest is typical saga...basic and functional.

What they shouldnt do is install a mirror at the driver side sun visor. It promotes lady driver to apply make up while driving which is annoying to others.

The car has gone cheaper considering currency depreciation over the years. My 2008 M-line auto was 39,998. This one with better equipment at RM39,800?
I felt cheated...hahahah.

Interested to know the fc figure when using the new gb. Existing cvt in the saga,persona,iriz returns good figure in town but the cvt ratio is not highway friendly.

In my book this one have no problem becoming the staple food of Malaysian taking over from Axia and Bezza.

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
It's a bezza killer. Kudos to bring all the best in a budget national car
only sad thing
  1. no autofold side mirror
  2. push star
  3. Rear seat split fold

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
The seat material looks like a worn out jeans. Kind of interesting choice of material there.

The rest is typical saga...basic and functional.

What they shouldnt do is install a mirror at the driver side sun visor. It promotes lady driver to apply make up while driving which is annoying to others.

The car has gone cheaper considering currency depreciation over the years. My 2008 M-line auto was 39,998. This one with better equipment at RM39,800?
I felt cheated...hahahah.

Interested to know the fc figure when using the new gb. Existing cvt in the saga,persona,iriz returns good figure in town but the cvt ratio is not highway friendly.

In my book this one have no problem becoming the staple food of Malaysian taking over from Axia and Bezza.
Staple food is good point. The manual one is just unbeatable value. Quite curious how this improved one drives actually, especially with the torque converter route

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
It's a bezza killer. Kudos to bring all the best in a budget national car
only sad thing
  1. no autofold side mirror
  2. push star
  3. Rear seat split fold
#1 This would've been nice. But at that price if you include autofold mirrors it'll either be cheap and nasty motors or worse. Maintenance gonna shoot up because of these niceties.

#2 I dunno what is the big deal with push start. I don't like it and it makes cars so easy to steal.

#3 this seriously would've boosted the value of the Saga even more. Pity it doesn't fold down though

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
#1 This would've been nice. But at that price if you include autofold mirrors it'll either be cheap and nasty motors or worse. Maintenance gonna shoot up because of these niceties.

#2 I dunno what is the big deal with push start. I don't like it and it makes cars so easy to steal.

#3 this seriously would've boosted the value of the Saga even more. Pity it doesn't fold down though
well maybe up price an additional 1K wont hurt as most car manufacturers are already going forward to use autofold and keyless now

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I thought push start Protons are harder to steal. The immobilizer is built into the ecu
They just need a scanner to get the frequency by scanning near where your key is (usually near the main door) and drive off your car within 2 minutes. These scanners are really easy to buy these days.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
They just need a scanner to get the frequency by scanning near where your key is (usually near the main door) and drive off your car within 2 minutes. These scanners are really easy to buy these days.
yah! very scary......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,

i ll turbocharge my ride next year, now i got a offer from a reputable dealer, not very familiar with it but he taught me a lot of car mod knowledge, he himself is regular racer in sepang.

1. Skyline intercooler ( dunno is 32/33/34 ) = rm700
2. Tial 48mm wastegate = rm1100
3. HKS type s bov = rm350

all item above is used part, but original item, shall i go for it?

I m using D2 racing suspension now, good handling but too stiff for daily use... is it all adjustable is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience