2018 All New Subaru Forester Debuts in Taiwan

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
2018 All New Subaru Forester Debuts in Taiwan

Reengineered, Reimagined and Redesigned are top taglines of the all-new Forester. Debuted here at a theme park hotel in Taichung, Taiwan, Subaru's 5th gen flagship SUV has grown larger and feature a host of enhancements both inside and out. But don't hold your breath just yet as the new SUV is set to arrive Malaysia on the 2nd quarter of 2019

Top features include:

- Subaru Global Platform
- Symmetrical 4WD
- Boxer Engine
- Eyesight Driver Assist

Highlights of the new Forester

Improved CVT
A reworked 7 speed CVT transmission which, when compared to before is made up with 80% new components and has revised ratios to increase sportiness and driveability.

On All Fours
Subaru's symmetrical all wheel drive sends power to all four wheels equally, for increased traction and stability on just about any terrain.

Natural Boxer
It is powered across the range via naturally-aspirated only 156hp / 196nm 2L direct injection boxer engine. The boxer / flat 4 engine is much more compact than any other engines available, sits lower in the engine bay for lower centre of gravity which offers improved driveability

Terrain Xpert
New Forester specific X-Mode promises to conquer even more challenging terrains, while relocated X-Mode dial swith and mode buttons now sits prominently on the centre console for easy activation. There's a hill descent function that enables the Forester to crawl down a downhill slope while maintaining a fix low speed.

More Traction
It will get active torque vectoring, a feature that enables the Forester to rotate in a corner better by applying braking force to the inner wheels in a corner when driving enthusiastically.

Good Base
The new Forester is built on Subaru Global Platform's recently developed chassis that is used on almost all of their recent offerings such as the Impreza, XV and the Outback. This platform promises significantly less shake, body roll and reduced road noise which is seen and proven in the new XV.

The 3rd Eye
Subaru's EyeSight is a tech feature powered by stereo front facing cameras and works as an advanced driver assist system which is available on select variants of the new Forester. It includes:
- Pre Collision Braking
- Pre Collision Throttle Management
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Lead vehicle start alert
- Lane Departure and Lane Sway Warning

Heavy Duty
Made from extensive high strength steel, the new Forester is claimed to be more durable and rigid. The raised body provides 220mm of ground clearance while the cladding, underguard and bold, protruding fenders.

The Available Forester Variants are:
- Forester 2.0i-S EyeSight
- Forester 2.0i-S
- Forester 2.0i-S EyeSight
- Forester 2.0i-L​
Continue reading the Post.

Last edited:
Reactions: vr2turbo

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Why no turbo.
And the NA engine isn’t as advanced as the Mazda ones.

The safety tech is impressive for sure, but NA petrol engines feels lethargic these days against small displacement turbos, electric assisted gasoline engines, modern turbo diesels and advanced NA like Mazda.

Even Mazda is looking at a possible future of forced induction, because without a doubt it increased efficiency.

Disappointing and such a far cry from the Forester of yesteryears.

I think on a global market their biggest rivals are going to be the South Korean siblings.

I love the Subaru brand, the iconic 555 livery, Colin McRae piloting it to victory, the 22b, that blue with gold wheels. It’s sad that they decided to be mediocre, instead of being champions.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The side lines of this Forester makes it looks more muscular than before. This design is starting to grow on me.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
The side lines of this Forester makes it looks more muscular than before. This design is starting to grow on me.
The side looks like a shoe to me. lol. And what's with manufacturers and the stupid crab claw tail lamps. Civic started it, CH-R continued it, now the Subaru.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The side looks like a shoe to me. lol. And what's with manufacturers and the stupid crab claw tail lamps. Civic started it, CH-R continued it, now the Subaru.
Crab Claw is latest in thing......hhahahhahahahhaha

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Why no turbo. And the NA engine isn’t as advanced as the Mazda ones. The safety tech is impressive for sure, but NA petrol engines feels lethargic these days against small displacement turbos, electric assisted gasoline engines, modern turbo diesels and advanced NA like Mazda. Even Mazda is looking at a possible future of forced induction, because without a doubt it increased efficiency. Disappointing and such a far cry from the Forester of yesteryears. I think on a global market their biggest rivals are going to be the South Korean siblings. I love the Subaru brand, the iconic 555 livery, Colin McRae piloting it to victory, the 22b, that blue with gold wheels. It’s sad that they decided to be mediocre, instead of being champions.
The 2L NA boxer is indeed bland for an engine choice in a new product such as the Forester, but for what's worth, the new chassis, ride, drive and handling aspects have improved tremendously and are gonna be its selling point. Like the XV, their new releases may all look the same but underneath, the all-new platform feels very refined, tight and mature. Best in class, very likely so.

It would have been the "Perfect SUV" if it had a new-age turbo engine but at this point, Great SUV will have to do

About their 555, WRC and Motorsport days, those times are over as mentioned in an interview with Motor Image during the launch last week. Their focus is on building better cars now. So I doubt we'd be expecting a Forester STI anytime soon..

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
it's like the skinny jeans, white midsole fashion thing

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
it does take some effort to tell if the old one is really older since it still does look rather new
Overall shape only. The lights are different, side skirt, rims, and now the wheel arch have the rubber/plastic thing like the other makes of SUV....lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Here are a list of cheap cars as compiled by the Kelley Blue Book. Though it certainly does not apply in this part of the world

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic (Regular Cab Manual WT) - MSRP: $17,015 *NEW CAR BLUE BOOK VALUE: $16,590...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience