2016 Proton Perdana out now - National flagship sedan evolved

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Mine was sent for complete grinding to bare metal, paint with anti rust, change the gum/glue, repainted and lasted 6 to 8 months only, so no help.

Nope, seldom use the window some more. My VR already 25 years, power windows still running fine....:driver:
That means the grinding and anti rust does not help at all. :banghead:

Now I'm a bit worried for my windows as I use them very often especially on the driver side.

The rust-bubble prone problem partly due to the gum, and partly due to the low sheet metal quality. I remember my mech told me from his experience welding and knocking accident Wira body.

There might be some truth when ppl call Proton cars as milo tin....
That means I can't really prevent this rust issue other than waiting for it to appear again and fixing it later?

Okay, better back to topic. Just hope all these have been improved upon in this new Perdana....:driver:
Rust issue is still hard to be determined this early. Maybe for this one, we need to refer to Proton in house models like Persona, Gen2, Satria Neo. Or look at the 8th generation Accord.

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
although different segment but i do believe that the new Civic has better street credit over this rebadged thing. for the same segment either cough out that 20-30k difference or take a step back and look into second hand options like Camry/legit ori Accord :nurse:

that steering... i think a proper colored emblem would do more luxury justice to Proton instead of this cheap embedded one.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Different people different taste, so we just wait and see how popular will it be.....:driver:

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
Price is high but have to say previously Honda didn't even give hid projector compare to camry. And also the electric adjustable seats for 2.0 accord. Very bad.

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
Now at least proton " top up " the necessary. It got in car entertainment too now which accord didn't provide last time.

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
At this price, Proton should copy Ghibli's looks and put in a 1.8L turbocharged engine which has minimum 220whp.

or, at this looks and performance, they can put a patriotic discount of greater than RM30k.

This price can't even justify their concept SUV

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Following are some ECU I have repaired. The write up is to assist DIY members with ECU troubles.
Will update everytime a ecu is repaired. Tq

Honda ECU with CEL22....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience