2014 Ford Focus S+

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
No preferred brand at the moment, as long as it's within budget or high abit also can. comfortable for city drive and better if can have abit of "ohmm" when go genting or long distance drive.
Give a specific budget bro.

And do you have any preferences - Turbo or NA? Fuel sipping or fuel guzzling? Hybrid or petrol or diesel?

Alexzai

Jan 20, 2010
Kota Kinabalu
Give a specific budget bro.

And do you have any preferences - Turbo or NA? Fuel sipping or fuel guzzling? Hybrid or petrol or diesel?
Preferred NA la, if possible want that have good fuel efficiency, hybrid or petrol also can, but no diesel.
Budget is around 60k max with loan la.. deposit can fork out around 15k like that lor

Alexzai

Jan 20, 2010
Kota Kinabalu
My initial planning is get a comfy and budget ride as daily drive, save a little more budget, then buy an Evo8 or Evo9, been wanted to get an Evo for long long time ago..

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Got look into this also, still doing my research about this car :D
nice, might consider this.. how "makan minyak" is this car? 50L tank can go how many Km?
My initial planning is get a comfy and budget ride as daily drive, save a little more budget, then buy an Evo8 or Evo9, been wanted to get an Evo for long long time ago..
If you really want to own a real Evo someday then now better save up and just buy a bloody cheap car just to go around (something that you can afford to buy in cash). Don't bother with converted Evos coz most of them are overpriced as they try to piggy back on the real Evo price hike, their maintenance cost and thirst for fuel will be the same (50ltr of ron97 will at best get you just 350km) but yet they're not the real deal and will never be. You might also have higher risk of getting harassed by the police.

Alexzai

Jan 20, 2010
Kota Kinabalu
If you really want to own a real Evo someday then now better save up and just buy a bloody cheap car just to go around (something that you can afford to buy in cash). Don't bother with converted Evos coz most of them are overpriced as they try to piggy back on the real Evo price hike, their maintenance cost and thirst for fuel will be the same (50ltr of ron97 will at best get you just 350km) but yet they're not the real deal and will never be. You might also have higher risk of getting harassed by the police.
yeah, that why I limiting my budget for car to around 40k-50k, so i no need to put more money into car loan while save more cash to get the Evo

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Preferred NA la, if possible want that have good fuel efficiency, hybrid or petrol also can, but no diesel.
Budget is around 60k max with loan la.. deposit can fork out around 15k like that lor
Ok so it has to be something that can be loaned. That doesn't really give you much to go with already.

Good FC and petrol. I'd say go for the Vios. If you had cash in hand then I'd say go for a Integra DC2. Or a EG6. But if you want good FC then the only thing realistically is a newer car.

Go have a look at the Polo TSI (wet clutch) but not the sedan one. Direct fuel injection is unbeatable for FC and if you keep it stock and out of trouble, you won't be blowing all your money maintaining it

Alexzai

Jan 20, 2010
Kota Kinabalu
Ok so it has to be something that can be loaned. That doesn't really give you much to go with already.

Good FC and petrol. I'd say go for the Vios. If you had cash in hand then I'd say go for a Integra DC2. Or a EG6. But if you want good FC then the only thing realistically is a newer car.

Go have a look at the Polo TSI (wet clutch) but not the sedan one. Direct fuel injection is unbeatable for FC and if you keep it stock and out of trouble, you won't be blowing all your money maintaining it

For the Polo TSI, is this the 1 you mention?
https://www.mudah.my/Volkswagen+Polo+1+2+TSI+A+SPORT+H+B+SPORT+RIM-77389090.htm#show

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yeah. But you'll need to do due diligence with these VWs and don't buy from used car shops. Preferably go to the VW club and buy direct from an owner. That way you'll get more contacts and perhaps tips and tricks on where to buy cheap parts and how to maintain the car.

Caveat : this car is by no means a cheap car to maintain or look after and it has no resale value. So best you go try these cars yourself and finally decide on what it is you can live with and want.

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
Agree. Why not take that 15k and buy a Myvi cash. Low maintenance and save your money for the EVO :-)

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yeah, that why I limiting my budget for car to around 40k-50k, so i no need to put more money into car loan while save more cash to get the Evo
I'd just buy something around rm15-20k cash. Remember Evo prices keep increasing so you're racing against time a bit here if you really want to buy one. I just bought an Evo 9 myself and I regretted didn't buy 3-4 years ago!
Agree. Why not take that 15k and buy a Myvi cash. Low maintenance and save your money for the EVO :-)
Yup agree, spent as little as possible now for much brighter future goal! ☺

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I'd just buy something around rm15-20k cash. Remember Evo prices keep increasing so you're racing against time a bit here if you really want to buy one. I just bought an Evo 9 myself and I regretted didn't buy 3-4 years ago!

Yup agree, spent as little as possible now for much brighter future goal! ☺
But during that time we were expecting them to drop in price........lol

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
But during that time we were expecting them to drop in price........lol
Its possible that after certain period of price increase, it will become stable or drop down again. We will never know.

Specifically for the Evo, i think it will increases these couple years and then become stable as there are not many of them around. Similar things happen to the local Satria Gti where it increases for a short while until their number at the market increases and the value stabilise for a short 2-3year. Now its declining a tiny bit as there are just too many of them.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Its possible that after certain period of price increase, it will become stable or drop down again. We will never know.

Specifically for the Evo, i think it will increases these couple years and then become stable as there are not many of them around. Similar things happen to the local Satria Gti where it increases for a short while until their number at the market increases and the value stabilise for a short 2-3year. Now its declining a tiny bit as there are just too many of them.
Yup, depends on supply and demand. like my 4G63T used to be cheap, then demand went up, so did the price. Got one time the price went down, now probably supply is less, so prices up again......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys, i need ur help
my car is wira aeroback
few weeks ago i found out my car suddenly stinks...
feel so weird bcos my car using glade air freshner, it used to b dam nice smell once i open the car's door.
few days later, i realise the under the rubber mat on my driver side is wet.
the carpet is wet. only my driver side.
then i did checking... no water leak from the door... n under also no problem
water should b leaking from somewhere around the fire wall...
who got this experience...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience