2010 JPM-CIMB Time Challenge - Supercars Gallore!

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

We have just returned from the 2010 edition of the JPM - CIMB Time Challenge and in terms of car turnout, the event was an absolute cracker. Every supercar from the god-like Lamborghini Murcielago Super Veloce to a replica of the ultra-rare Le Mans winning Ford GT40, and even the classic Lamborghini Countach was in attendance.

The event aims to provide an extraordinary time challenge for all supercar and performance car owners in a competitive yet safe, time handicap challenge environment. Every driver's aim is to get closest to the time he reckons he can finish the course in, so you do have some drivers babysitting their car instead of blasting up or down the hill.

But if there was a group of drivers that really went faster than they needed to it was the Lotus guys, they were literally tearing up the tarmac and had us running for secure vantage points for our photography. Heck I took a ride in an Elise yesterday and it finished the course two minutes faster than the F430 behind it!

To be fair, drivers are split into three speed categories with each having its own pre-determined timing for average speed chosen. For example, category A has an average speed of 60-80km/h and with that speed you should be able to finish the 8km course in 7.5 to 10 mins. Any driver that gets closest to the time is crowned champion of the category.

After being left to soak in the rain in the middle of the course with no one seemingly bothered to pick us up after they said they would, we were just too tired and wet to stay back to find out who won. We will wait for the press releases to announce the champions so meanwhile, feast your eyes on the pictures here. I have got over a thousand pictures to sort through, so here are some for now. Enjoy.

More to come soon.

The Specials that we can remember, please add on what you saw!

• Ford GT40
  • Tesla Roadster
  • Aston Martin DBS
  • Lambo Murcielago SV
  • Lambo Countach
  • Mercedes SLS
  • Ford Focus RS
  • Ferrari Italia
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?

JPM CIMB Preferred Hill Climb Challenge Showcase Gallery

Attachments

et_box

500 RPM
Aug 27, 2006
I love the GT40 and the Jaguar E-Type.... Thanks Keshy!!!

t_danker

Known Member
Dec 6, 2005
SJ
Which one? The No.58 Ferrari with the Top 1 Oil sticker at the back is a 458 Italia while the No.30 with the top down is a California. Dream cars :)

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
458 spot on thanks bro... looks like my age can't catch up with the newer models, sad...

inche.helmi

Sep 3, 2008
wow! top marques do what they supposed to do - driven to fullest! Nice coverage!:proud:

sixtythree

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
wat does it mean by gt40 replica? anyone knows what underneath it? surprised me that a gt40 is here in our shore (eventhough its a replica)

jp.s2000

Known Member
Sep 7, 2010
Johor
now we just know M'sian are so RICH~!!! GT40, 458Italia, MurchelagoSV, Marserati, GT3RS, Hummer, lots of GTR35, lots of Porsche & R8...

Jul 23, 2008
There was a Mercedes SLS (Gullwing) too ^^ . But the Tesla is the car beyond words.... after a short drive in it, all i can say is, the inevitable is coming. :s: