2009 proton satira neo suspension dangerous fault

Aug 20, 2013
Scotland
Hi pls help I recently bought a 2009 proton satira neo , had no problems till a e.ew weeks ago, I was going round a right hand corner then straight into a left corner as soon as I was going round I heard a twang come from (the n/s/f or left side of car)suspension then the car was al over the road ,as I have heard a spring break before that's what I thought it was same noise had to take it very slowly. Round al the next corners ,got car back home got under it couldn't see anything broken or loose so took it to local garage he had car r nearly a week and got four other mechanics to look at it as well but they could only see a drop link was a little lower so a tried car again but still as bad so garage took car put it onto the four wheel laser alignment machine and the results came back that every wheels tracking was out by a lot so they re done the tracking charged me for the work that had been done. Got in car an d it, wasn't much better. Now the garage eventually tracked down strut top mounts and have to wait 2 and a half weeks for them plus proton aren't selling them for another four months I've had to pay double so is this going to fix car or is it going to be a costly part aw part long time to take to fix or can any one pls help with any info at all on the lotus suspension or have I just made the second biggest mistake of ma life (first mistake was marriage )any help wid be a god send. Cheers Kris

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Sorry, but I've have problem understanding your description/prob....

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
I believe there has been some google translation involved

myst

Apr 12, 2006
I try to help, but, could u please explain properly dude..

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I was surprised to read the thread starter oso included matters of his mistake marriage....

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
He is saying about the issue of strut top mount which require replacement as far as i could understand. But not very specific though. So Kris98 could you tell more specifically what need to be replaced?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Can you please help us to help you? Get an english translator please.

dking91

Known Member
Mar 26, 2013
pekan
not really understand.... try check the gap between ur tyre and fender....ur car maybe hv body balance issue...previous owner involved in an accident maybe?? u can try send to proton srvice center.. check body balance and accuracy(if these process ever exist)

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
What..top strut mount need to wait 2 month from proton? dont have to since u can buy it from spare part shop around rm100..

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

happen to me before when my right front top mount got crack..the car has no caster as a result..turn the steering full lock when stoping and I can see the top absorber protuding out from the top mount..cant see it when the steering is at straight position

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The guys in Scotland. So his profile claims. That's why the mechs there took so long to troubleshoot and that's also why the parts are so difficult to source.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
The guys in Scotland. So his profile claims. That's why the mechs there took so long to troubleshoot and that's also why the parts are so difficult to source.
Was wondering how come so hard to source for parts...didnt realised he was from scotland but then
can't understand the language though. :hmmmm:

Just from what I understand he thought is somewhat Spring broke due to the sound the when and check, the alignment on all 4 wheels are not tally or so. Then the rest...no idea....

Kris98

Aug 20, 2013
Scotland
Sorry lads had problem with fone what happened was going round corner heard a twang then car wouldn't handle propper took to garage mechanics can't find anything wrong ,put car on laser 4 wheel tracker , all the tracking on all four wheels out ,garage done tracking but car still won't hold road any ideas what else could be wrong

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

TC Euro Cars, the sole distributor of Renault Cars in Malaysia launches the Special Edition of the best-selling Megane RS 250 Cup at the newly opened Renault Flagship showroom in Section 13, Petaling Jaya. Williams F1 Drivers Bruno Senna and Valtteri Bottas were on hand to unveil the new car.

<!--more-->The Special Edition was conceived for Megane RS customers looking for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience