2 channel or 4 channel NEED ADVISE

A329878

Known Member
Sep 24, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
I'm planning to upgrade my ICE but the first question is what kind of amp should i put on ?
2 channel ,4 channel or 5 channel ?
I'm not the technol song mania ,i just want to setup a good sound system .:regular_smile:

Thank for input !

devil

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
maybe is best if you can tell us your current setup and your budget ..
if not, everyone will start recom u wild proposal .. haha!

craziechild

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
Sarawak
put 5 monoblock la... if you hav the budget... sure sound good one... one speaker one amp...

Kippo

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
A329878 said:
I'm planning to upgrade my ICE but the first question is what kind of amp should i put on ?
2 channel ,4 channel or 5 channel ?
I'm not the technol song mania ,i just want to setup a good sound system .:regular_smile:

Thank for input !
depend on the kind of setup that u want. Ask yourself first.

1. simple setup: 4 channel amp -> 2 channel to comp. set & the other 2 channel bridged to sub.

2. 2 x 2-channel amp -> 2 channel to comp. set & the other 2 channel amp bridged to sub.

3. 2-channel amp & mono amp -> 2 channel to comp. set & mono amp to sub.

4. Active setup using active xover: 1 x 4-channel amp & 2-channel bridged to sub.

5. Active setup using active xover: 1 x 4-channel amp & mono amp to sub.

6. Active setup using active xover: 2 2-channel amps (each for mid & tweet) & 2-channel bridged to sub.

6. Active setup using active xover: 2 2-channel amps (each for mid & tweet) & mono amp to sub.

plenty of variations. So it is up to you.

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Kippo said:
depend on the kind of setup that u want. Ask yourself first.

1. simple setup: 4 channel amp -> 2 channel to comp. set & the other 2 channel bridged to sub.

2. 2 x 2-channel amp -> 2 channel to comp. set & the other 2 channel amp bridged to sub.

3. 2-channel amp & mono amp -> 2 channel to comp. set & mono amp to sub.

4. Active setup using active xover: 1 x 4-channel amp & 2-channel bridged to sub.

5. Active setup using active xover: 1 x 4-channel amp & mono amp to sub.

6. Active setup using active xover: 2 2-channel amps (each for mid & tweet) & 2-channel bridged to sub.

7. Active setup using active xover: 2 2-channel amps (each for mid & tweet) & mono amp to sub.

plenty of variations. So it is up to you.
a) 1 to 3 = semi active set-up / 2ways system & provided your HU have sub output or your amp have built in x/o
b) 4 to 7 = full active set-up / 3ways system

I'm prefer to 4 ways system...

dixonleong

Known Member
Feb 23, 2006
Sorry interupt, cause i oso plan do something with my kenari ICE. I plan to use back the original single disc player for the time beeing, just want change speakers and woofer. Wat speakers n amp recommend ????