2:28:249 FD2R Vbox video by Kazama Autoworks at the Time To Attack 3

Staff

Oct 6, 2008
Kuala Lumpur

Here's a Video of Kazama Autowork's 2:28:249 Lap through the Racelogic VBox Lite. The FD2 Honda Civic Type-R ran on full race slicks within the Racecar / Time Attack Machines category. What we couldn't really figure out is the Driver, Lai Wee Sing's controversial downshift style. Is there a reason why he isn't revving enough in his heel and toe to match?

YouTube - Kazama FD2R ZTH Time To Attack Sepang Round 3

Video By: AxisRacing
Pictures by: Racerevo.com

Attachments

freeman1314

Known Member
Oct 7, 2008
That's a scary FD2R. But really don't understand his downshift, the only thing i can think of is maybe he rev up to shift easier but not so high to match the rev to create more node dive.
Not really sure about this but it's the only thing i can think of.
Any sifus mind to explain more ?

Laptimer

Known Member
Nov 7, 2009
KL
simply poor driving
yes he fast but can be faster with better driving

car is good

Charles

I brake very late....
Jan 7, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Some call it 'poor' driving, i rather call it babying the car. There are drivers who arent born to trash and extract the last bit from the machines they drive.
His time speaks for itself and its far from being 'poor'.

Last edited:

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
He's line is very good but driving technique like wat freeman n lap timer said is abit lacking (not poor). If he can heel n toe better mayb he could have clock afew tenths quicker.
Tats wat i felt la, if i'm wrong don't shoot me .......

bnr_32

500 RPM
Apr 15, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
Some call it 'poor' driving, i rather call it babying the car. There are drivers who arent born to trash and extract the last bit from the machines they drive.

agree with you.. after all its lai wee sing that we are talking about that has won many race before.. and i don't think its poor driving since he make the fastest time :driver:

fast

Known Member
May 19, 2005
PJ
he's style of driving very similar to the gymkana japan champion (do appear in best motoring )
.. most of british driver drive like this.....without heel and toe..
good driver doesn't need to explain style of driving
true skill ... don see anything wrong....

Laptimer

Known Member
Nov 7, 2009
KL

if you come time attack and not going for best time then better to go home

slick can easily brake 1.3 1.4 g why max out at 1g only like street tyre? t1 n t15 have to drop 130km/h+++ as fast as possible so better dun waste time braking. wan to brake then brake, dun half half brake

yes he win this round but it not show how good he is just how poor driving everyone else

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

no heel toe = best way to blow clutch blow driveshaft

E-LiTE

Known Member
Jun 14, 2006
now everyone talks like they are some sort of driving god.

why not put your money at where your mouth is and go do a lap in time attack. he did, and give him credits for that.

to be honest, i am very disappointed with the participants at the 2nd/3rd round of the events. maybe in a few years time, time attack would be different from "regular" track days

jun_ng_1208

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Cheras
His race line might not be the best but he has the effort in the car and also the event :D It's a good run and hope he will be able to do even better in the next round of TTA ;)

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
huhu ZTH got many Jeremy Clackson lol...:driver:
even the fastest man on the event so far also got criticized

Charles

I brake very late....
Jan 7, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
yes he win this round but it not show how good he is just how poor driving everyone else

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

no heel toe = best way to blow clutch blow driveshaft
LOL, true keyboard warrior talk....:rofl:

neokenzo

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
PJ
I dont see him drive as aggresively as the other videos I've seen, but undeniable the results speaks for itself. No matter what, he is the fastest :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Honda Malaysia has announced plans to provide a free-of-charge service to replace the fuel pump unit involving 55,354 cars nationwide. This is a precautionary measure that is in line with Honda’s global fuel pump recall. However, no Hondas made in 2020 or onwards are affected.

“All affected customers will be informed via notification letters, which will include details of the product recall. Honda Malaysia urges all affected customers to contact any Honda authorized dealer to make an...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience