1JZ VVTI users

TRDtezza

Known Member

TRDtezza

Known Member
Oct 15, 2009
Sabah
guys ,

I need to know , does your altezza fuel gauge , water temp and oil press working?

Although i got a aftermarket water temp but my fuel gauge seems to be acting funny.. It only goes up but not down . The only way to get it down to where exactly my fuel is , is to unplug my batteries. Then it'll drop to where it is suppose to be but it'll stay there.. I heard something about lowering down the voltage to the meters if you are a 1j transplant , is it true ??

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
sorry.. not very familiar with 1JZ. Maybe IJZ bro can help. The have quite alot of experience in 1JZ conversion.

Mic Tie

From Facebook

Mic Tie

From Facebook
Aug 25, 2010
www.facebook.com
guys ,

I need to know , does your altezza fuel gauge , water temp and oil press working?

Although i got a aftermarket water temp but my fuel gauge seems to be acting funny.. It only goes up but not down . The only way to get it down to where exactly my fuel is , is to unplug my batteries. Then it'll drop to where it is suppose to be but it'll stay there.. I heard something about lowering down the voltage to the meters if you are a 1j transplant , is it true ??
you got my pm:listen:

wfhan

4,000 RPM

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
trdtezza, your neck will get very long waiting for the brotherhood of 1JZ to reply.. :P
they are very busy in R&D of 1JZ and less time to online here.. :P

icon86

Known Member

icon86

Known Member
May 31, 2005
Klang
Doing some research on Altezza, which is the most suitable 1JZ vvti halfcut for Altezza?

green

Known Member

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
Doing some research on Altezza, which is the most suitable 1JZ vvti halfcut for Altezza?
there is a lot of 1jz vvti versions from the jzx100?????

there is only 1 version. the 1jzgte vvti jzx100(single turbo) and yes this will be suitable

you can put in the old jzx90 1jzgte non-vvti(twin turbo) as well.

icon86

Known Member

icon86

Known Member
May 31, 2005
Klang
According to my research, ABS pump, ECU & battery position is different from altezza.
Altezza's ABS have 2 types, I would prefer to use back the JZX100's ABS but its located at the other side of the engine bay.

1JZtezza

Known Member

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
According to my research, ABS pump, ECU & battery position is different from altezza.
Altezza's ABS have 2 types, I would prefer to use back the JZX100's ABS but its located at the other side of the engine bay.
Hi,

Welcome if you are new owner!!Sift thru some earlier threads here if you are serious on conversion.
You will also know where to find us!!

icon86

Known Member

icon86

Known Member
May 31, 2005
Klang
Hi,

Welcome if you are new owner!!Sift thru some earlier threads here if you are serious on conversion.
You will also know where to find us!!
Great to know that, I need more info on 1JZ. Actually I've already done the conversion, but its a 1JZ-FSE. Now planing to smack in a manual gbox.

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

there is a lot of 1jz vvti versions from the jzx100?????

there is only 1 version. the 1jzgte vvti jzx100(single turbo) and yes this will be suitable

you can put in the old jzx90 1jzgte non-vvti(twin turbo) as well.
According to my research, I think the JZX110 is more suitable, but the major problem is no one actually brings in. Too new & expensive I reckon.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Green: U shouldn't have delete your post, I would like to explain & learn more. Between 1JZ-FSE & the GTE is a different technology. My only concern is the fuel consumption

But anyway like I said, like I said i'm just doing some research.

stepwyew

Known Member

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
Great to know that, I need more info on 1JZ. Actually I've already done the conversion, but its a 1JZ-FSE. Now planing to smack in a manual gbox.

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

According to my research, I think the JZX110 is more suitable, but the major problem is no one actually brings in. Too new & expensive I reckon.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Green: U shouldn't have delete your post, I would like to explain & learn more. Between 1JZ-FSE & the GTE is a different technology. My only concern is the fuel consumption

But anyway like I said, like I said i'm just doing some research.
Bro ,

Just check with you why JZX110 is more suitable and not JZX100 ? just want to know only

cheers:driver:

icon86

Known Member

icon86

Known Member
May 31, 2005
Klang
Bro ,

Just check with you why JZX110 is more suitable and not JZX100 ? just want to know only

cheers:driver:
I'm not sure, thats why i'm asking around for answers.
But I've discovered there are few things JZX110 & SXE10 share in common, such as:
- ABS pump
- Battery
- ECU

As for JZX100 ECU located inside the dash, unlike the JZX110 ECU position is just plug & play.

I might be wrong, but do correct me if i'm wrong.

Please refer to the picture below.

Attachments

1JZtezza

Known Member

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
your pictures showing 1JZ-GTE and not 1JZ-FSE.
1JZ-FSE is the 'economy' version (eg.3SG v 3SF)
If running well why want to change manual gearbox or mod some more???

green

Known Member

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
perhaps want to put 1jz vvti turbo in the future? :P

stepwyew

Known Member

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
Hello Uncle,

People just want to fine tune the ride only mar ....cannot meh ?????? you also mar fine tune your ride .....like Your ride already very fast in standard stock and yet u still want to boost it , dont know what blady ecu you replace so that can exceed 180km/hr, hahahahahahaahaa .... tyre already so
good and really bite the tar road and yet you go change to dont know what RE bla bla bla
hahahahahahahahahaha

Cheers Uncle :cheers:

:fight::fight::fight::fight::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::party::party::party:

Last edited:

icon86

Known Member

icon86

Known Member
May 31, 2005
Klang

I showed the 1JZ-GTE picture because we are comparing between the JZX100 & JZX110 not the FSE

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

perhaps want to put 1jz vvti turbo in the future? :P
Yeah perhaps.... That's why I'm asking all taikos & experts here...
but which will be the one? JZX100 or JZX110

Last edited:

1JZtezza

Known Member

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
Hello Uncle,

People just want to fine tune the ride only mar ....cannot meh ?????? you also mar fine tune your ride .....like Your ride already very fast in standard stock and yet u still want to boost it , dont know what blady ecu you replace so that can exceed 180km/hr, hahahahahahaahaa .... tyre already so
good and really bite the tar road and yet you go change to dont know what RE bla bla bla
hahahahahahahahahaha

Cheers Uncle :cheers:

:fight::fight::fight::fight::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::party::party::party:

What talk you???? tyres botak lah!!! NEED to change.Where got boost like you some more where got so many gadgets like you!!!!:confused::confused::fight::fight:

:listen: tune the right foot; then pedal to the metal and break your GPS record OK!!!

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

FYI: 1JZ-FSE never came with manual in the JZX110

maybe Japs have reason?????

stepwyew

Known Member

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
What talk you???? tyres botak lah!!! NEED to change.Where got boost like you some more where got so many gadgets like you!!!!:confused::confused::fight::fight:

:listen: tune the right foot; then pedal to the metal and break your GPS record OK!!!

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

FYI: 1JZ-FSE never came with manual in the JZX110

maybe Japs have reason?????
The record in the gps hard to break lah uncle ...... Event I fine tune my right foot but eyesight not good susah lah hehehehehe

:driver:

ALT3224

Known Member

ALT3224

Known Member
Aug 20, 2008
any thoughts on whether it would be feasible to get a manual half-cut 1jz now to restore/tinker about for future use, i.e. just take out the engine and refurbish it without using in a car? supplies of 1jz should be dwindling soon...

Bl@cK-TeZZ@

500 RPM

Bl@cK-TeZZ@

500 RPM
Apr 15, 2006
The record in the gps hard to break lah uncle ...... Event I fine tune my right foot but eyesight not good susah lah hehehehehe

:driver:
Steven, u pinjam me ur gps for a day to work. Guaranteed the record in gps sure break one! .hahahaha.

1JZtezza

Known Member

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
Austin,

sure lah captain you put in cockpit of your plane!!!....no fair like that.

Like that steven drive veyron also cannot break!!! hahaha

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

any thoughts on whether it would be feasible to get a manual half-cut 1jz now to restore/tinker about for future use, i.e. just take out the engine and refurbish it without using in a car? supplies of 1jz should be dwindling soon...

problem is storage!! and you also need to choose carefully...usually 2 weeks after purchase recond shop forgotten already....caveat emptor!!

If you put under the bed....lagi cannot sleep hahaha

wfhan

4,000 RPM

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
so.. if i want a near-to-perfect plug & play 1jzgte dual-vvti into altezza,
i should target those from jzx___ which code?

ALT3224

Known Member

ALT3224

Known Member
Aug 20, 2008
problem is storage!! and you also need to choose carefully...usually 2 weeks after purchase recond shop forgotten already....caveat emptor!!

If you put under the bed....lagi cannot sleep hahaha
storage not a problem, and since it's half-cut bound for refurbishing, some repairs are expected. also more the reason to find the better ones faster before all gone...

so.. if i want a near-to-perfect plug & play 1jzgte dual-vvti into altezza,
i should target those from jzx___ which code?
if not mistaken, for 1jzgte with vvti, only JZX100 and a few JZX110 has it...JZX90 is the twin turbo non-vvti 1jzgte

stepwyew

Known Member

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
Austin,

sure lah captain you put in cockpit of your plane!!!....no fair like that.

Like that steven drive veyron also cannot break!!! hahaha

wah....uncle bully small boy yeah........fine .........i ll wait u in bukit putus this week end

hahahahahahahaha

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
Hi all sifus,

Thinking of getting a Altezza & plan to transplant 1JZ VVTI turbo on it. Need you guy's information on below.

1. Is the engine mounting all plug & play for 1JZ conversion? Or all engine mounting need to modify?
2. Is the gearbox plug & play or need modification?
3. How about the real axle? Need to modify or plug & play?

Thanks...

green

Known Member

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
ehh... not so simply la. all also need to modify. especially wiring. wrong wiring...pus!!! thr goes your electronics

good luck

stepwyew

Known Member

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
yes , the wiring is very complicated and is not easy , must have the diagram , even if you have it must need a very experience wire men to understand the icon and the colour code .Mine is JZX171. JZX 100 and this JZX 171 the different is the throttle body . JZX 171 is DBW, where else the JZX 100 is not DBW.

As for the question 1 n 2 , some use JZX 100 mounting and some use altezza mounting
Gear box is just relocation only and rear axle some use bk altezza and some use JZX 100.

For your info , is not easy , so , you plan well before you transplant .

cheers mate .:beer:

1JZtezza

Known Member

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
Lengthy reply (by his standards) by uncle stepwyew.

A few claim easy-easy plug and play....not soooo

Heed the words of taikor stepwyew.....

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
hai guys..im not a toyota user but i would like to know beside 1jz,2jz...can altezza swap engine to 3sgte turbo?i find from the internet that need some modification? orientation of the engine?can any of altezzarian clarify?

green

Known Member

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
hai guys..im not a toyota user but i would like to know beside 1jz,2jz...can altezza swap engine to 3sgte turbo?i find from the internet that need some modification? orientation of the engine?can any of altezzarian clarify?
interesting....but whr are u gonna find a rear wheel drive oriented 3sgte engine? changing the tezza into a front wheel drv is a stupid idea.

i believe you can also try the idea on any rear wheel drive car...not necessary toyota

yen187

500 RPM

yen187

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2004
Visit site
just wondering whether 1JZ parts are easy to source be it from chop shop or new...
would definitively prefer new...

also hows the power coming out from it?

just inquiring....

stepwyew

Known Member

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
Hi yen 187,

just wondering whether 1JZ parts are easy to source be it from chop shop or new...
would definitively prefer new...( Well , lets just say its not very difficult to find parts at chop shop and also depand what parts you looking for. New parts is no problem but have to wait say 2 months to arrive from japan )

Power vice should be hovering around 210 to 220 hp and the torque is around 30 +- in std stock . This is on wheel dyno .Its also depand on what car you transplant too......power, weight , ratio. The lighter the car , the higher the reading you get.

Anyone would like to correct my statement please do so........

cheers:beer:

iexit

1,500 RPM

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
1j vvti or non vvti generally are easy to find, problem is most of them are auto. Like stepwyew said, new parts can be obtained too. So no worries, but fitting it into an altezza is another story :-)

yen187

500 RPM

yen187

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2004
Visit site
i'm interested to know as i saw an altezza for sale with 1JZ already inside in mudah.
looking very subtle and sweet.

looking for something which will replace my e46 which i'm selling

any feedback about the car or the maintenance or anything is useful info

stepwyew

Known Member

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
About maintenance is just like an ordinary car , fully synthetic oil , oil filter, atf oil and some wear and tear parts if there is any .

iexit

1,500 RPM

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
yen, Toyota's in general are low maintenance. Sure there will be some wear and tear to repair, my formula is purchase the car at a reasonable price but set aside at least 6k on repairs and wear and tear.

So far my 'investment' has been ok, aside form the gearbox issues, money spend on 'refurbishing' is still below the 6k (after gearbox it will be close to 5k+ as i am still looking for cheaper options)

is there a 1j altezza for sale? did not notice it...

Bl@cK-TeZZ@

500 RPM

Bl@cK-TeZZ@

500 RPM
Apr 15, 2006
Yea sold dy, recently i think. I was at TOM's 2 weeks ago, he told me sold dy.

iexit

1,500 RPM

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
Hey Tez1j owners, I got a question and wonder if any one has some experience on this matter.

Recently, during full throttle at roughly about 5000-6000RPM the engine sorts of experience a fuel cut which also triggers the engine check light, however shortly after releasing the throttle the light disappears and i can continue flooring it... happens on my 2nd and 3rd off and on.

I suspect it could be my crank sensor getting faulty, planning to go to VISION this weekend to plug in the diagnostic machine to read the error codes. But any feedback or advice is welcome. TQ

ahle@

1,000 RPM

ahle@

1,000 RPM
Jan 13, 2004
malaysia
Dear all,i just bought a 1JZ vvti turbo half-cut(Toyota JZS171 crown chassis last batch 2004 model,better then JZX100),full set half-cut include rear axle,i need to sell it urgently cause my project is cancel due some problem,the half-cut is already dismantled at workshop but all part is complete(the charges RM800 i pair for u,u can save the cost when u do the swap),the engine is start before i buy,running very smooth and nice.looking at RM4800 neg.( i bought at RM5500+RM800 labour for dismantled the half-cut)

personal sale,1 unit only.u can view before u buy.100% good condition.location at Puchong area.my contact 019-3828 979.

Attachments

gobiz2

Known Member

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Sorry to ask Ahle, but are there major differences between the 1jz vvti in the JZS171 compared to earlier models such as JZX100? I am interested but just worried there are complicated wiring issues etc.

Thanks

220mph

Known Member

220mph

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
kl
guys, question, can any1 give me ballpark figure on workmanship of transplanting 1jz . ?
what do you guys do with your 3sge? trade in?
thinking to get this done to my old rusty tezza

stepwyew

Known Member

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
bro ahle,

whats the mileage show at the meter cluster when you buy this half cut?

thanks

YellowNic

Known Member

YellowNic

Known Member
Nov 9, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys, need a help do anyone have install Apexi power fc in to altezza 1jz vvti turbo (A)?when I turn the ignition off I lose all my changes from the power Fc. Have anyone every had that problem before?pls advise if any thanks.