1jz E36 BMW frankensteining

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
The Premium brand is basically a slight twist in the Titans brand. The workers for Titan apparently branched out to do their own thing and "Premium" was born. So means you're probably using inverted monotube setup.. nice
Apparently, the guys at Titan quoted me quite a good figure, but too many people have Titan so i decided to try out with Premium. Its indeed inverted setup, it handles the weight of 1jz very well and the rear isn't sliding when i apply heavy throttle in corner (may be i am not driving fast enough). Gotta work on the brakes now and also, need somebody to help in turn on the traction control on the ECU too. Think you can hook me up ? I saw your blog, there's one E46 1JZ Twin Turbo, he did it but he is a electrician.

Thanks,
Ken

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Instead of buying alternator, modding it and all, why not just try my suggestion of fitting an ficd? Like I said the issue seems to be your engine rpm dropping when the fan kick in due to the load from the alternator. Ficd and install should be less than 200 kot

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Instead of buying alternator, modding it and all, why not just try my suggestion of fitting an ficd? Like I said the issue seems to be your engine rpm dropping when the fan kick in due to the load from the alternator. Ficd and install should be less than 200 kot
Oh sorry to inform this late, my mechanic said he already fitted an FICD when modifying the car's A/C system, so your suggestion is also part of the solutions, just that the stock 1jz 70amp alternator just wasn't enough to power some of the accessories in stock BMW.

Thank you very much bro,

Ken

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Oh sorry to inform this late, my mechanic said he already fitted an FICD when modifying the car's A/C system, so your suggestion is also part of the solutions, just that the stock 1jz 70amp alternator just wasn't enough to power some of the accessories in stock BMW.

Thank you very much bro,

Ken
Yeah install another ficd for when the fan kicks in. You said you if give it slight throttle to maintain 1000rpm it is ok right?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

Thank you very much bro,

Ken
Only 70A to run conti electronic...too low.
As a comparison BLM is 90A, Waja 1.8 is 120A.

My Pajero ori alternator was a mere 55A which is enough on stock setup but with lightings and double blower, its barely enough. I once used 70A alternator and the car felt better. Now back on stock alternator as the 70A recond one kaput within 1 year long time ago.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Apparently, the guys at Titan quoted me quite a good figure, but too many people have Titan so i decided to try out with Premium. Its indeed inverted setup, it handles the weight of 1jz very well and the rear isn't sliding when i apply heavy throttle in corner (may be i am not driving fast enough). Gotta work on the brakes now and also, need somebody to help in turn on the traction control on the ECU too. Think you can hook me up ? I saw your blog, there's one E46 1JZ Twin Turbo, he did it but he is a electrician.

Thanks,
Ken
Technically he's not an electrician and I don't know if he'll do it for you but try asking here :

https://www.facebook.com/repairecu1...NLE9mxYMdIIHsDdOcZOPLm2K8YKplRCbejuP&fref=tag

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Yes that's what i gathered too, today just someone decided to reply me from chop shop, after 2 months of hunting ... Thanks, once i complete the swap i will inform here.

Latest mods, installed P9 Premium Shock Absorber at Premium Garage, i am not exhilarating, the comfort felt pretty much like stock and handling was better. I got much better control on speed and corner, last thing will be brakes.

Thanks,
Ken
Does it use pillowball top mount or original rubber ? Also what is the price and spring rates?

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Does it use pillowball top mount or original rubber ? Also what is the price and spring rates?
Just their aluminum top mount, i got special prices, i think you should contact them directly. Spring rate is 12kg front, 9kg rear.

Thanks,
Ken

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
hmphh, was hoping to use rubber. not into all this "racing" stuff.
I learnt from my previous lesson, stock mounting will not go well with the adjustable spring, it will constantly bind itself when turning steering wheel which annoys the f out of me.

Thanks,
Ken

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
I learnt from my previous lesson, stock mounting will not go well with the adjustable spring, it will constantly bind itself when turning steering wheel which annoys the f out of me.

Thanks,
Ken
I thought that only happens with mcpherson strut ? If double wishbone no problem right ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear sifus,
any idea if i could DIY a timer for the air-cond fan to spin after i turn off the engine?
my idea was to cool down the engine/engine bay with just only the air-cond fan... means like after u turn off ur engine, of course la the engine compartment will be hot, so if there's such thing as a timer to make ur fan to spin and blow air into ur engine compartment to cool down ur system? :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience