1jz E36 BMW frankensteining

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
OMG! still have so much problems......:banghead:

nighthunter? seldom in the forum? or do you means bro. nightstalker?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Chill out bro,
Most of us encounter these downtime.
Myself included with my Waja 1.8 tempermental electrical. Took months to settle but once solved it provide me with invaluable knowledge and a hole in my pocket...heheh.
The knowledge part is the best.

Still, the choice is yours.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
OMG! still have so much problems......:banghead:

nighthunter? seldom in the forum? or do you means bro. nightstalker?
whoops.. edited :biggrin:

Yes.. still so many problems.

Chill out bro,
Most of us encounter these downtime.
Myself included with my Waja 1.8 tempermental electrical. Took months to settle but once solved it provide me with invaluable knowledge and a hole in my pocket...heheh.
The knowledge part is the best.

Still, the choice is yours.
Mine is not hole bro.. mine pants also melted and eating into my leg skin

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Wondering what is your wife's comments/reaction to all these issues with your new car?
Wakakakaka. Probably punishment below:

1. Stand still and pull ears.
2. Got canned.
3. Sleep at sofa.
4. nagging level went up to 1000x.

Anymore xD?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Latest update : Over the weekend I tried to sponge up the front and do what you guys suggested.
Who else suggested that sponge? Hehehe. I'm surprised other people know about it. I thought i'm the only evil genius around. But yes, AS I SUSPECTED THAT'S THE CAUSE OF YOUR OVERHEATING PROBLEMS.

Limpeh genius *pats self on back

You are in too deep to back out laaaaa.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Wondering what is your wife's comments/reaction to all these issues with your new car?
She's immune already. She said "Again ah? Told you to buy new car lor"

Who else suggested that sponge? Hehehe. I'm surprised other people know about it. I thought i'm the only evil genius around. But yes, AS I SUSPECTED THAT'S THE CAUSE OF YOUR OVERHEATING PROBLEMS.

Limpeh genius *pats self on back

You are in too deep to back out laaaaa.
Gunnerz did a major project to plug all the holes in his car

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Gunnerz did a major project to plug all the holes in his car
You sure the "car" he referring to is the car we are all thinking? You do realise a car is not the only ride...

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
It works well without aircon. But hot-start (water temp > 85 deg C) it just dies off shortly after firing up. Takes a few restarts for it to settle down.

So now your sis' kenari has two fans with proper flow? how do you mean recycled? Got sample?
Sounds like you really have to ask your tuner to get your idle etc tuned properly man. Spend so much but he can't even offer a solution for idle is really pretty ridiculous. Not too sure about your Spitronics, but many ECU in the market including my Megasquirt and the common Links, have a feature to control the idle using only ignition timing, and tuned right it can be pretty close to OEM. You should try asking your tuner on this.

Anyway, I'd vote to see this project through and at least being able to enjoy the car. Now spend so much time and money, but never get to enjoy the car then sell, not worth it ba. At least if you get to enjoy the car, even if you sell it at a loss, still not a complete loss as you managed to enjoy it.

Reactions: alcyon

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Sounds like you really have to ask your tuner to get your idle etc tuned properly man. Spend so much but he can't even offer a solution for idle is really pretty ridiculous. Not too sure about your Spitronics, but many ECU in the market including my Megasquirt and the common Links, have a feature to control the idle using only ignition timing, and tuned right it can be pretty close to OEM. You should try asking your tuner on this.

Anyway, I'd vote to see this project through and at least being able to enjoy the car. Now spend so much time and money, but never get to enjoy the car then sell, not worth it ba. At least if you get to enjoy the car, even if you sell it at a loss, still not a complete loss as you managed to enjoy it.
I was thinking the same. Which is why I'm opting not to go back to that tuner anymore and also swallowing the bill to change to a Links Storm. See how first.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I was thinking the same. Which is why I'm opting not to go back to that tuner anymore and also swallowing the bill to change to a Links Storm. See how first.
While you're at it might as well change ALL the wiring to mil-spec harness? Sounds like a long way to go.
Is this thread a year old yet?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We’ve seen Nissan engineers testing cars at famous race tracks such as the Nurburgring and Laguna Seca but that doesn’t mean they’ve stopped using their own private circuits. It seems testing behind the doors at Nissan has become so busy that a fifth test track was required. A new circuit at Oppama, Japan, has now been opened at a cost of €16.2 million.

The Oppama course stretches four kilometers in total...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience