1989 Merz 300E + 1JZGTE?

-e f i n i-

Known Member
Dec 6, 2004
Kuching
Visit site
This idea came into my head recently and after doing some thinking and research, it should be feasible, right? both also FR.
But i was still wondering, Are the engine positions for these two cars the same? Would there be any problem putting it in and would JPJ let this kind of mod pass inspection?
I know RB20 in a Merz can be done, but this one im not so sure yet.
3l-2.5l still within the JPJ rules right?
The merz stock transmission is auto, would there be any problem converting it to manual?
and also, the merz doesnt have a handbrake by the side of the driver. if im not mistaken, its one of the pedals down there. So would it be okay if a handbrake "stick"(sorry, dunno the proper term for it, u guys get waht im saying right?) were to be placed at the size, just like any other ordinary japanese cars? but one thing is for sure, the gear panels and dashboard would have to be changed right?

I still have several questions.
-The 300E dashoard not nice, can other dashboards be put on the replace it? Eterna? Cefiro Special Edition? Supra MKIV? or any other dashboards?
-How much would a 1JZ and a 2JZ cost in the halfcut shops now?
(im from kuching, so a rough price estimation of the engines at west malaysia would be nice)
-Are there many branded parts for 1JZ like HKS, BLITZ and all those?
-The wheelarches arent round like many other jap cars. Can it be re-shaped to make it look a bit more rounder?

These are the questions i could think of right now. I had a few more, but forgot already.
Please pardon these stupid questions.

SKY999

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
kch
u wan 1jz in kch ?? u may go to 4mile oposite f&n road..... there r a workshop tht doing car electrical stuff.... the taukeh r hardcore for 3sgte and 1jz... u may ask him about this ......... he got few 1jz around lastime i visit....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys,

Would you recommend anything to polish plastics ?
I used to use Meguairs PlastX but sadly, cant find em here.
Need help to polish some plastic stuffs. :( Thanx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience