16 or 19mm for Honda City gm6

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Well, my Persona bought new from factory hasnt had the absorbers changed. Year end should be changing.
Car is 2012 and 167000km, far from smooth driving. KYB stock abs have held up really well, no floating, just soft.
Most bushings have been changed.
At 167000km, I will be suprised if they arent dead yet.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
You reminded me mine also I haven't change the absorber before for my jazz. Year end might switch a set new kyb since the mileage is already 83k km. I also wanna throw a set of tein spring but since my dad is driving more I don't want to risk scratching the bottom of my bumper as he use to driving hilux so is hard for his to get use to it driving low car so fast. Hahahahaha
honestly I think no need to lower for normal driving. Like a myvi, no matter how low you go it’s still a boat. telling yourself it floats less ks

Well, my Persona bought new from factory hasnt had the absorbers changed. Year end should be changing.
Car is 2012 and 167000km, far from smooth driving. KYB stock abs have held up really well, no floating, just soft.
Most bushings have been changed.
myvi change almost every 3 to 4 years. Lol I use until the absorber leaking.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
honestly I think no need to lower for normal driving. Like a myvi, no matter how low you go it’s still a boat. telling yourself it floats less ks

myvi change almost every 3 to 4 years. Lol I use until the absorber leaking.
My rebuilt suspension was in my VR, transfer to my hyundai use until leak then send for rebuilt again......lol

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
They aren't that at all hehe. Didn't float, compress nicely.
No leaks. Bump stops look great, just some signs of bottoming out, had some 5 big persons in the car.
KYB making good stuffs haha
You also failed to mention you've been using stock tyre size forever too - means the suspension doesn't take as much abuse (potentially)?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Can a more aggressive alignment solve this I wonder. Im not that great at setting up cars.
Maybe some Toe out and a little negative camber.
In theory this should help solved the problem.
Its one way some manufacturer did to reduce fc in effort to drive sales. Its cheaper than installing technology into the car which wull push the selling price higher. Skinny tires and alignment setup which reduces drag helps drive down fc...at the expense of handling. P2 Bezza is a good example.

Drove a friend's city before, suspension is on the firm side (for a jap car) so imho it should handles well at high speed but even at 80kmh its steering and suspension behaviour becomes like my Pajero. This was driven on new conti tires (forget the model). Thus i think its the stock allignment setup.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
In theory this should help solved the problem.
Its one way some manufacturer did to reduce fc in effort to drive sales. Its cheaper than installing technology into the car which wull push the selling price higher. Skinny tires and alignment setup which reduces drag helps drive down fc...at the expense of handling. P2 Bezza is a good example.

Drove a friend's city before, suspension is on the firm side (for a jap car) so imho it should handles well at high speed but even at 80kmh its steering and suspension behaviour becomes like my Pajero. This was driven on new conti tires (forget the model). Thus i think its the stock allignment setup.
Exactly, Myvi come with 175/65R14, every time friend ask what tyres to use, always recommend 185/60R14. Some other cars comes with 185/55R15, some 185/55R16 and so on. As you mentioned these tyres are cheaper therefore can cost down.....

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
You also failed to mention you've been using stock tyre size forever too - means the suspension doesn't take as much abuse (potentially)?
Dont believe so. It might be my bushings that are taking the beatings, I have swapped almost every bushings there are in the car now.
Other than tie rod and absorbers.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Dont believe so. It might be my bushings that are taking the beatings, I have swapped almost every bushings there are in the car now.
Other than tie rod and absorbers.
That's because it's all rubber and you've never touched them since new. Aiya probably everything affects everything

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Garmin Mobile XT In Your Car~ZTH EXCLUSIVE~

DEMO VIDEO ON NOKIA 5800 ...​
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience