14 inch tyre, high grip in dry and wet required

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I do read them but do not take fully what is posted. Weather difference, type of road, cars, etc...
That is why local forums are good too, but take in all postings as a whole. There are bound to have positives and negatives, but then one with more positives will show that, that one should be better....:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I do read them but do not take fully what is posted. Weather difference, type of road, cars, etc...
That is why local forums are good too, but take in all postings as a whole. There are bound to have positives and negatives, but then one with more positives will show that, that one should be better....:biggrin:
Our hot and humid weather might have different impact on tyre performance and lifespan since they are made out of rubber...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Our hot and humid weather might have different impact on tyre performance and lifespan since they are made out of rubber...
That is why here more summer tyres and there all seasons tyres, unless you use summer tyres then switch to winter tyres....:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Japan basically the same, but what gets imported in are summer and all seasons tyres. Winter tyres of no use here....:smokin:
Winter tyres are those studded tyres right? Some of them looked rather narrow instead of wide. I saw before at magazine. Or maybe those are for snowy terrain?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Winter tyres are those studded tyres right? Some of them looked rather narrow instead of wide. I saw before at magazine. Or maybe those are for snowy terrain?
Nope, studded tyres more for mud and off road. Winter tyres many many sipes to help grip.
Here...

Comparison

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Nope, studded tyres more for mud and off road. Winter tyres many many sipes to help grip.
Here...

Comparison
Does look quite unique unlike what we normally see over here. And the width of the tyre is rather thin as well. Wide tyres are not suitable in winter I guess?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I thought winter tyres are something thin and narrow like this...
Is the same as driving in heavy rain, narrow tyres cut through water and same as in heavy snow, but if normal snow normal tyres are okay. Wider also more contact surface. There will always be pros and cons on everything.

Another thing is I post as normal or original tyre size. If you want to go narrow you have to down size means changing to smaller size rims, higher profile tyres, just like here when we up size we go the other way. So will be more cost, so best just keep to original size.

Anyway, no point we discuss this as we do not have snow here or are you going to migrate.....hhahhahahhahaha

Some reading for you....
https://www.tirerack.com/winter/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=126

Wide tires

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Sorry for the off topic, just installed a walbro fuel pump for my bolt on turbo myvi, is a fuel regulator required? Car is still stationary in workshop, and im wondering do I need to install a fuel regulator before going to dyno and tune(e-manage)

currently stock internals, and YRV injectors.

regarding the tyres, i think i will go for AD08R instead of PS3

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sorry for the off topic, just installed a walbro fuel pump for my bolt on turbo myvi, is a fuel regulator required? Car is still stationary in workshop, and im wondering do I need to install a fuel regulator before going to dyno and tune(e-manage)

currently stock internals, and YRV injectors.

regarding the tyres, i think i will go for AD08R instead of PS3
Your fuel system is return system? If yes, can fit the fuel pressure regulator

I thought suppose to look sleeper now fit Advan Neova AD-08R.....wah!:driver:
But for extreme tyre be careful during rain time...:smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Now a days interior modification of the car has really grabbed the attentions of the car enthusiasts and they are showing up with different innovations almost every day.The reason is simple.More innovations in the car's interior materials.Car interior is a wide terminology but I will, for the sake of simplicity stick my self to the car dashboard.
Obviously the first thing of the car interior which comes into notice is the dashboard bearing lots of panels and slots and if job well done,one...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience