14 inch tyre, high grip in dry and wet required

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Because he did ask for Suzuki Swift rims ma... So I thought, how about other stock rims from other cars.

But aren't AD07 had been stopped from production? This means TS will be getting old tyres from few years ago...
He wants his Myvi to look stock.....hhahhahahhaa:rofl:

Yah! Ad-07 too old dy......:smokin:

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
A friend recommended me to get 2nd hand alza rims and use 195-50-15 michelin PS3 tyres. I think i might go for that

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
A friend recommended me to get 2nd hand alza rims and use 195-50-15 michelin PS3 tyres. I think i might go for that
Seems like a good idea. Upgrading to 15" will give you a larger selection of tyres to choose from.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Told you that in my 2nd. post.....hhahhahahhahah:biggrin::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

Seems like a good idea. Upgrading to 15" will give you a larger selection of tyres to choose from.
Yup, you are next to go 15"......lol:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
But aren't AD07 had been stopped from production? This means TS will be getting old tyres from few years ago...
Yes I know. When I used them in 2012, the manu date was 2008. 4 year old tyres still gripped like mad and lasted 1.5 years on a myvi. Now 2015 don't know when the manu date will be but 4-5 years still ok la for extreme performance tyres. Galvanization would've been complete and the adhesives should still be in good condition. The synthetic rubber / natural rubber blend on the other hand I dunno la.

Or you have close connection with tyre shop guys?
VR2Turbo is the taiko of tyre shops. Everywhere we go with him the shop fellas wave at him and last time when I went with him to change tyres the shops opening price was straightaway the lowest possible price they could offer. No need to bargain even. :biggrin:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Still in progress
Shield your air filter bro. Custom made the cover to prevent it sucking hot air from the engine bay.
Take time doing it. Done properly, worth all the time you take.
Driving a turbo car which sucks in hot air is very annoying, irritating, stressful, uneventful, you name it.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Or you have close connection with tyre shop guys?
Got lah! know a few shops, even a few manufacturers and distributors.....:smokin::driver:

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Yes I know. When I used them in 2012, the manu date was 2008. 4 year old tyres still gripped like mad and lasted 1.5 years on a myvi. Now 2015 don't know when the manu date will be but 4-5 years still ok la for extreme performance tyres. Galvanization would've been complete and the adhesives should still be in good condition. The synthetic rubber / natural rubber blend on the other hand I dunno la.
Too old the rubber compound will harden fast, then traction will suffer....:smokin:

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

He's our designated tire sifu! :biggrin:
Your knowledge also good mah!......:adore:

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Bro, take my advice. Open up your own tyre shop, probably the entire zerotohundred members will buy tyres from you.
There is more to it than just open shop and sell....hhahhahahhaa:driver:

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Shield your air filter bro. Custom made the cover to prevent it sucking hot air from the engine bay.
Take time doing it. Done properly, worth all the time you take.
Driving a turbo car which sucks in hot air is very annoying, irritating, stressful, uneventful, you name it.
Actually for me is not too bad, still got intercooler. NA will be worse....

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Still in progress
if me...i'll put the air filter direct infront at the bumper (but not too low...just about the same height of the turbo snail)

then the intercooler piping route can use the empty location of stock air filter....better heat management

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

VR2Turbo is the taiko of tyre shops. Everywhere we go with him the shop fellas wave at him and last time when I went with him to change tyres the shops opening price was straightaway the lowest possible price they could offer. No need to bargain even. :biggrin:
1.5 years on daily drive? Seems like the tyre wear is quite fast.

Then next time you change tyres, remember to invite sifu VR along. :biggrin:

Got lah! know a few shops, even a few manufacturers and distributors.....:smokin::driver:

Tyre master in our country. Too influential in Klang Valley... :adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

At 5am UK time, Team Lotus F1 will be unveiling their latest machine this Monday to their subscribers and fans only before the world gets to see it. Subscription is free of charge and good before 31st of January. The Subscription automatically puts you in the list to receive their free but highly exclusive Team Lotus Notes magazine...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience