'08 Lancer 2.0GT (4B11) Mods Thread

GTi9158

Known Member
Apr 23, 2005
Sydney & P.J.
Hi all, I haven't been on 0-100 in approx 2 years!!! Wonder if anyone still remembers me. Anyway, I used to own a Satria and was in pro-Hatch.

Recently bought a 2008 Lancer VRX (Aus). Would be a 2.0GT Malaysia equivalent, only difference would be cloth sport seats, Rockford Fosgate 9 speakers system, and most important... 5 Speed Manual!

Wondering if any fellow Malaysians have purchased one. If you have, how is it? And have you done any mods yet? I'm only collecting mine sometime this week, not sure if its Tuesday or Wednesday.

Anyway, good to be back on 0-100 ;-)

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Wah! manual tranny. Sure much better than auto ones.

Post here of it's performance!

GTi9158

Known Member
Apr 23, 2005
Sydney & P.J.
Wah! manual tranny. Sure much better than auto ones.

Post here of it's performance!
Hehe... hope so, hope so...

Not too sure yet though, as I'm only collecting it today hopefully. Bank is taking a damn long time to issue me the cheque. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up the cheque today, and collect the car today!

Just sad its gonna be so much slower then my old Satria... Oh well...

I'll probably need to run in the engine first. Don't wanna koyak anything by "testing" too much when the km's stil 0.00. :burnout:

Did you get a 2.0GT? If you did, how is it?

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Hehe... hope so, hope so...

Not too sure yet though, as I'm only collecting it today hopefully. Bank is taking a damn long time to issue me the cheque. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up the cheque today, and collect the car today!

Just sad its gonna be so much slower then my old Satria... Oh well...

I'll probably need to run in the engine first. Don't wanna koyak anything by "testing" too much when the km's stil 0.00. :burnout:

Did you get a 2.0GT? If you did, how is it?
No. I didn't get myself a 2.0GT cause currently i'm driving an Evo7 myself, besides my daily driven car .. Accord EuroR.

But I did tested the Gt up to max during test drive. Not so bad for a 150ps auto car. Suppose manual tranny car should be 20% much better!

Hope u can post somes pics and the test drove result once u got your GT!.

Thanks.

GTi9158

Known Member
Apr 23, 2005
Sydney & P.J.
No. I didn't get myself a 2.0GT cause currently i'm driving an Evo7 myself, besides my daily driven car .. Accord EuroR.

But I did tested the Gt up to max during test drive. Not so bad for a 150ps auto car. Suppose manual tranny car should be 20% much better!

Hope u can post somes pics and the test drove result once u got your GT!.

Thanks.
Hi aja, that was my first choice, importing an Evo 7 GSR. The price was exactly the same ( AUD $32K ) all in, for a GSR (Grade 5.0, under 20,000kms) vs a new VR-X (2.0GT in Malaysia). Unfortunately, there was problems with the loan, and also the exchange rate became shit.

Hope I'll not be disappointed with my VR-X. I've confirmed everything, picking it up today, just collected my bank cheque, so I'm going to head to the showroom after work (in 2hrs)!!!

Cant wait to try out the Rockford Fosgatezzzz.... hehehe

I'll post pics for sure if you guys are all interested. It looks the same as the 2.0GT pretty much, except for the sound system, seats, tranny, no reverse sensor, standard yellow lights. Oh, and the Grey here is much darker. Kind of like the Evo 8 MR Grey...

GTi9158

Known Member
Apr 23, 2005
Sydney & P.J.
Just some updates... A friend of mine just emailed me. he said he found an exhaust dealer for me. The guy is willing to make a full HKS exhaust kit for me, from the extractor onwards. Full power shit... :-)

I'm going to take the 4B11 in, straight after the break in period. Probably after 1000km's.

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Gti,

Maybe u wanna share your GT pics with us here!!

GTi9158

Known Member
Apr 23, 2005
Sydney & P.J.
Hehe... will do. I just took like 30 pics yesterday. I posted only the ones that are different then the 2.0GT in Malaysia. Tires are Yokohama A10 215/45. Not sure if this is the same? but anyway...

Subby in the trunk...

My (not so leather) seats

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/8580/29112007090al0.jpg

My Rockford Fosgate 650W 9 Speaker Premium Sound Package

My Shifty Stick...

Carbon fibre trim on the bottom-dash

GTi9158

Known Member
Apr 23, 2005
Sydney & P.J.
Oh yeah, almost forgot... the front pic. (PS: don't mind the "L" plate.. lol! I haven't converted my Malaysian full license yet. About to do it this month)

Theres also the Bluetooth Voice Recognition hands-free system with buttons on the wheel.

Hey aja, forgot to ask you... Where's the Malaysia 2.0GT made?

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Oh yeah, almost forgot... the front pic. (PS: don't mind the "L" plate.. lol! I haven't converted my Malaysian full license yet. About to do it this month)

Theres also the Bluetooth Voice Recognition hands-free system with buttons on the wheel.

Hey aja, forgot to ask you... Where's the Malaysia 2.0GT made?
Nice car and car color u have there!. In fact, your decision to buy the GT over the Evo7 not so bad afterall!.

The manual tranny looks awesome too!.

FYI, M'sian 2.0GT are CBU Japan or Made In Japan. Price around RM115k in M'sia (that arouns AUD38k there) on the road, so far it's the best bargain..as compared to other rival like Civic (which is made in ALor Gajah, Melaka), Toyota Camry (Made in Thailand or Shah Alam). Guess the CBU resale value and quality is better than CKD.

I think the 1st thign u need to do (post warranty period, i guess), is to remove the catalytic converter and re-install full exhaust system. Definitely there will be some whp increase there.

In nearer time, Ralli-art Aust i suppose will come out will aftermarket product for GT. Just wait and see.

GTi9158

Known Member
Apr 23, 2005
Sydney & P.J.
made in japan
okay. thanks for the info. my uncle must be nuts then. he told me they are not assembled in Japan.

GTi9158

Known Member
Apr 23, 2005
Sydney & P.J.
Nice car and car color u have there!. In fact, your decision to buy the GT over the Evo7 not so bad afterall!.

The manual tranny looks awesome too!.

FYI, M'sian 2.0GT are CBU Japan or Made In Japan. Price around RM115k in M'sia (that arouns AUD38k there) on the road, so far it's the best bargain..as compared to other rival like Civic (which is made in ALor Gajah, Melaka), Toyota Camry (Made in Thailand or Shah Alam). Guess the CBU resale value and quality is better than CKD.

I think the 1st thign u need to do (post warranty period, i guess), is to remove the catalytic converter and re-install full exhaust system. Definitely there will be some whp increase there.

In nearer time, Ralli-art Aust i suppose will come out will aftermarket product for GT. Just wait and see.
Thanks for the feedback and compliments :-) At least I dont feel too bad getting the MY08 Lancer instead of the '02 Evo7 GSR

The price I paid all in (with 35% tinting, sound sys, insurance and stamp duty +++ everything else) was about RM 90,000 - 94,000.

Is the Grey tone the same as the one in M'sia? It's really hard to see in the websites. I personally didnt even see the actual car color before buying. Since there was a slip up with the Black I wanted originally. Website Grey looks totally diff. The Ralliart dealer said this paint is the exact same as the Evo 8 MR type grey.

About the warranty, the dealer mentioned a full exhaust system (even extractor incl.) will not void my warranty. Unless I tamper with the actual engine.

A friends friend is going to custom fit/fabricate a full HKS Carbon-Titanium exhaust system for me. He's supposedly one of the top exhaust modders in Sydney, and is giving me a good deal since I'm his good friends friend. :-)

Other then that, only planning a CAI in Jan and a mid pressure turbo in March - June.

PS: I heard RalliArt will be supplying a factory turbo kit, similar to their Ralliart FWD Lancer thats due next year. But that would be mad exp I guess, since its warranted etc.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just to share some knowledge of replacing the Toyota Caldina GT4 turbo manifold.

The stock turbo on the Toyota Cladina GT4 is joined to the turbo manifold by sharing one cast iron housing. To replace the turbo manifold to an aftermarket one, one must separate the turbo from the original cast iron manifold. The simplest way is to send the car to a professional workshop. But not simply just any experienced workshop, the workshop or exhaust shop must have the right turbo manifold for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience