VW Old Beetle

roshan1984

Known Member
Jun 21, 2005
malaysia
how much is a metro engine 1.3 injection? and where to get it? and how much and the piston set and rings? anyone know pls reply or pm me ok? thx alot!!!

Kafer

Feb 21, 2006
vwmania...thanks for the feedback. Ya I was told it was SCAT but when I checked it was not.....@$%&*. I learnt my lesson the hard way of not listening to vw any CONsultant wanna bees. And all these happened b4 I knew about this forum.

Anyway my block is a AB 1300 dual relief valve but I will be using a 1600 heads & pistons. Project is on hold now because I am using my bug as a daily driver to work so tak boleh mampu masuk garage.

Perhaps you can give me the direction to Abg Suhaimi or Laberg or even their contact numbers, if you may, else I could just meet up with you somewhere (I donno).

As for the IRS parts I have everything that is needed. Gb is IRS 3.88 punya config.

Looking for ward to your feedback....

Thanks

encikmasen

Known Member
Jul 8, 2005
Bangi
suddenly this thread breathing again..nice nice..btw, just for my knowledge, what is IRS and swing axle? issit the IRS setup is the one come with 1303 gb?

thankyou in advance..

vwmania

Known Member
Jan 25, 2005
damansara
www.cardomain.com
kafer.....so many people tell they are pandai...but at last....jadi habuk juge..hehe
the laberg wshop at taman industri puchong....belakang ioi mall...kalo u dah masuk area tuh...u akan jumper...
abg suhaimi wsop at kota damansara.....if u from ldp take to ikea junction n straight jer...then u will see projet n mcdonald..turn left ....there is industrial park over there..
i can give u abg shuhaimi phone n laberg...
u now la...mechanic is always bz...

abg shuhaimi 016 6811606
laberg 0123719277
ok..
u punya ratio gb same like me but 3.88 tu is final drive....if u engine 1.8..lagi syiok kalo top speed...

encikmasen

Known Member
Jul 8, 2005
Bangi
a sad moment for me..

selling my 69' bug..1.3 dual port engine, condition good, minor rust, just need to change front absorber, and minor leakage of brake fluid...car is in original state, no aircond no ice...

selling for rm10k nego + 5 speed 1303 g/b( i'll check the code later)..faster is better; reason - my mom hates that car T_T

Kafer

Feb 21, 2006
vwmania...thanks for the info. Ya my final drive is 3.88 abd it's taken from a 1303S setup. I got all the parts shipped from KK when I was working there sometime back.

BTW, I plan to use a 1600 P&B and perhaps lighten it a bit. What is the size of 1800 P&B? I am sure the memang syok bila cruising on a highway kan?

Thanks....

aircooled

Known Member
Jul 9, 2004
thei would advise against using the AB dual relief case.

1. it comes with 10mm studs WITHOUT inserts - putting bigger pistons and barrels is not a good idea. this is the case weaknesses.

2. check to see if the case needs to be line bored. if it needs, then dont waste your time. just throw the case away as it is not worth your money.

3. 90.5 pistons with 69mm crank is 1776cc

4. if you have the chance, just use 94mm pistons. I guarantee you wont regret it. i can say it is damn good and last very long.

5. whether to use an oilcooloer or not, it also depends on your engine's state of tune. what compression ratio, what camshaft, carburation etc etc etc.

6. flywheel can be lighteend with no probs. a must with hi performance engine.

aircooled

Known Member
Jul 9, 2004
kafer you paid RM1600 for a cast crank? that was steep.

having said that i have 1 forged CB Performance crank for sale for a little bit more than what you paid. forged, nitrided journals....only prob is the size 84mm. you need 5.5 rods for this....not many willing to spend so much on a VW engine.

reliability of these big engines are damn good i would say.....i know becuaee my friend is running it.

encikmasen

Known Member
Jul 8, 2005
Bangi
owh..ive got to check later the g/b code to confirm it..haih..a bit reluctant to let go that bug but my mom insist me to sell it..

Kafer

Feb 21, 2006
Aircooled...well I did not know it was cast crank until I checked it in the net. Do you know anyone who had used it without any problems? I would like to talk to this person.

Thanks

aircooled

Known Member
Jul 9, 2004
Kafer, the guy i know ha been using it since 1996. he bought the engine new, Mexican made long block. car still running today.

the engine is standard, fuel injection and only added an oil sump.

vwmania, is your friend using the Dellorto 48 in KL? jus curious as i only know 2 guys having Dellorto 48s twin in KL. Another is in JB.

can pm me his name? jus curious only

Last edited:

encikmasen

Known Member
Jul 8, 2005
Bangi
QA session..

1. ive just change the fan belt, n now there's like a humming sound came from the engine..sometimes it vibrates a lot...does that means the belt is too tight?

2. the exhaust gas seems to feel too hot..why? just top up the engine oil recently..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi zth member :
I've new project to haf a new car ...
A BMW E36 to drop in 1jz supra engine, but as i know 1jz got so many type from diff half cut , may i ask which kind is the best???
I found 1 1jz engine vvti single turbo , may i know is it the house power stronger than twin turbo? Which engine is more potential to highly modification? is it now still can approved by JPJ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience