steering vibrates even after balancing and alignment..

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
hmmm.. how did ur friend shorten the other driveshaft? he repositioned the engine?? if in the same position then after shorten it wont be long enough to reach the knuckle right? hmmm.. interchanging tires? these tires were actually bought new though.. bought in nov.. this weekend might see if i can squeeze some time and exchange rims with my friend to see if the problem is still there.. btw, im trying to find out more information on on wheel balancing.. whats the advantage or theory behind it?y does it differ from regular wheel balancing..

joe2d

Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hmmm.. how did ur friend shorten the other driveshaft? he repositioned the engine?? if in the same position then after shorten it wont be long enough to reach the knuckle right? hmmm.. interchanging tires? these tires were actually bought new though.. bought in nov.. this weekend might see if i can squeeze some time and exchange rims with my friend to see if the problem is still there.. btw, im trying to find out more information on on wheel balancing.. whats the advantage or theory behind it?y does it differ from regular wheel balancing..
No he din reposition the engine, and after shortening the driveshaft can still connect to the knuckle since only shorten both driveshaft just a little bit. But that really messed up the camber, have to install camber plate & spend quite some time setting up the suspension.

Wheel balancing just balance one wheel, making sure the wheel spins straight by balancing the centripetal force on both sides of the wheel. On wheel balancing finds out how each wheel actually work on a car on the road. Some times even when a wheel spins straight it might not work on the road. A lot of factor can cause vibration, like tire camber shave, tire uneven wear, weakened or bad quality wheel, or even mismatched tire profile. All these problem can't be fixed on just wheel balancing cause the wheel isn't acted on by outside forces (eg.weight of car) when its being rotated on the balancing machine.

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
damm.. its alot of things to consider.. hopefully it wont be too complicated.. since i have a custom driveshaft.. hopefully its a simple thing.. will try out with my frens rims and see.. if that dun work, then will try on wheel balancing.. last resort will be driveshaft..

joe2d

Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
damm.. its alot of things to consider.. hopefully it wont be too complicated.. since i have a custom driveshaft.. hopefully its a simple thing.. will try out with my frens rims and see.. if that dun work, then will try on wheel balancing.. last resort will be driveshaft..
You should just do on-wheel balancing 1st, if your tire or wheel have problem, you'll know right away.