Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Wira update

Went for checking the car and found out the thingy that push the valve is makan already.

So the boss suggested me to do a top overhaul & replace 4 exhaust valve.
All included plus labour is around Rm800 is this price normal?

Attachments

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Isnt that called the rocker arm which we mentioned earlier?

Okay....what I mean is the between rocker & the valve have a thing that push the valve one. Forgot the name.
When we open up the head cover you can push the rocker arm to valve. The middle thingy gone.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Forgot the name... Tappet or what hahahahhaha
Sorry for my bad pronounce. If you enlarge the picture you can see the thing have makan.
Uhm, isnt that part of the valve ?

1596878707921.png

I dont think there's anything between the valve tip and the rocker arm

Last edited:

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Uhm, isnt that part of the valve ?

View attachment 578521

I dont think there's anything between the valve tip and the rocker arm
I think so correct me if I am rong.
This is a sample picture you can see the valve middle have the silver thing. That's the thing missing. Like gone.hahahahaha from the picture you provide maybe is No 4? Picture 2

Attachments

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I think so correct me if I am rong.
This is a sample picture you can see the valve middle have the silver thing. That's the thing missing. Like gone.hahahahaha from the picture you provide maybe is No 4? Picture 2
That silver round part is the actual valve itself. See the cross section diagram below

1596893944598.png

Reactions: KHNG940413

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Wira update

Went for checking the car and found out the thingy that push the valve is makan already.

So the boss suggested me to do a top overhaul & replace 4 exhaust valve.
All included plus labour is around Rm800 is this price normal?
wow. this one is due to over-tighten with low clearance on the tappet/lifters. layman terms, tappet ikat ketat sangat. hence your valve tip makan like that.

RM800 top overhaul with 4 valves only is a bit expensive. can get top overhaul with full set of valve and seal with top gasket replacement actually. but maybe that's the standard charge there? my 93 single cam last time (2016) kena RM1.5k for top overhaul, including head skim, oversize valves, porting at valve pocket, new top gasket set, new piston rings and conrod bearings. and the workshop also changed my trailing arm bushes coz it was in the car when i sent it.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
wow. this one is due to over-tighten with low clearance on the tappet/lifters. layman terms, tappet ikat ketat sangat. hence your valve tip makan like that.

RM800 top overhaul with 4 valves only is a bit expensive. can get top overhaul with full set of valve and seal with top gasket replacement actually. but maybe that's the standard charge there? my 93 single cam last time (2016) kena RM1.5k for top overhaul, including head skim, oversize valves, porting at valve pocket, new top gasket set, new piston rings and conrod bearings. and the workshop also changed my trailing arm bushes coz it was in the car when i sent it.
Never overhaul a car before so didn't know the market price. The boss say he will skim the head also. Wait for monday they open up all the head component 1st.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
I suspect they adjusted the tappets when the engine was cold. Bad mechanic
The car 1st time adjust tappet in my ownership is few month ago. I saw thw whole process when he adjusted tappet. SO maybe is the previous owner machanic done it? Badluck for me I guess.hahahahahah

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Forgot the name... Tappet or what hahahahhaha
Sorry for my bad pronounce. If you enlarge the picture you can see the thing have makan.
Thats the tappet which contacts the valve.
Most probable due to bad adjustment or adjusting when cold.

RM800 is kinda steep for top overhaul+4 exhaust valve. BTW, i will replace the tappets too. Just check online for the price of parts then add another 20% for shop mark up. The rest will be workmanship.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,
I know many of you have come out your own air filter heatshield but may i know where exactly you bought the bracket (those L shape metal with holes) that mount in the engine bay ? Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience