[Questions] GP Racing Brake Kits

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

nasscmw

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
Therefore be wary of unknown brands..... it's your life we're talking about here!!!

Kyogezsho

Known Member
Dec 1, 2005
actually most of the products from taiwan i reckon they are direct copy from the branded companies, its just a duplication with a lower quality material

its like a same recaro chair can cost u 6k for 4 and some cap ayam brand 1k for 4

but remember even cap ayam 1k for 4 beats ur stock 4 seats :P

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
So do you think recaro make seat in their own country(perhaps those limited special edition)? Those oem factory is the one manufacture it and qc those item, and recaro just need to qc the oem factory and thats the way to maximise profit. Cap ayam not concluded under oem catergory cos they just copy the look... As long as the brand existed for quite sometime and were proven with strong background and actual result then it should be trusted regardless which region it's from. Straightaway put down bad conclusion is definitely not the right way to go...

nasscmw

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
Hi Kyo, just to let you know that a direct copy with no basis for R&D and with lower quality material is a compromise. If we're talking about brakes that's risky. Taiwan copies alot of plastic body panels for cars as well but if that is what we're talking about then that's nothing to worry about. As Zac said, cap ayam is a copy therefore no QC.... even if Recaros were made in China at least the brand will abide to some standards of quality. Now if cost is a factor to you and you can buy a cap ayam brand of brakes X 4 at a cost of one Brembo, 1st of all I'd be thinking whether they'd be durable and work properly despite how cheap it is. As for your cap ayam seats, if cost is also a factor and you don't mind paying for 4 seats and have a back ache at a price of one Recaro, then that is your back. Point is, a cheap brake which has a high risk will cost more than having a cheap seats with back ache.

For any brake upgrades, it is advisable to get an easily drop in brake kit instead of having to fab the mountings or whatever, as Zac has mentioned, fabrication might cause defects and Malaysia don't have any accurate fabricating technology. I have bought 4 pot brakes for my car from a halfcut, but if you're worried that it might not work as well as new? What i did was got it rebuilt and cleaned to almost new, and with new discs it works like a charm.

Kyogezsho

Known Member
Dec 1, 2005
nono i what i meant was, how do u know in taiwan production has no QC. it is a very subjective thing as you do not know the company profile, those brands might be good in thier home country but not well known in other countries, if u ask me carbon fibers hood in UK we dont even have any brands called racecraft or import from malaysia. perhaps only a few of it , so is it right for british ppl to think that the quality is bad ? no R and D as its not world wide famous?

cause for them to make that unit out they really need to understand the product and then lower the grade of the product to cut cost to make it as cheap as possible. Overall quality would not be as good but it serves the purpose.

its very simple, even if u wanna fabricate a 4pot brembo you think so easy? just photostate? it requires alot calculation and also plans to make a machine to cut them out and weld and so on,
R&D has been done by Brembo, and what the taiwan company do its just making imitation or using their R&D as their own which is copyright infringement.

same goes for rims, if thats the case why would people buy taiwan rims? as rim is part of the car which is important what if the rim suddenly break? or crack it would be dangerous to drive too.
then all of us buy japan rims or oem rims?

my statement simply justified that if they can make it out, they has to be a certain level of quality, and with the benefit of doubt i wont say that they are hopeless without understanding its company, else we wont be in this topic trying to get some review on it.

like proton cars and japanese cars, so our R&D isnt that great thats why we are all buying jap car but does that mean proton car are hopeless and cannot be driven at all?

its still a usable car i would say, same for the brakes taiwan brand.

a brembo cost 10k or 12k . half of the money of that cost is already advertising and R&D.

i wont conclude that those aftermarket from other company brakes is bad unless i know the company its not good at it. for GP racing i heard this brand is quite actively invlove in racing scenes in taiwan and they have thier own R&D for it.

for welding brakets and so on from malaysia, i can tell you is that for them to make it still require some sort of knowledge. i dont think u can make something out of something without knowing the item first yourself.

and brakes u know its a very important part of a car, if a brakes that has no R&D and stress tested do you think the company will dare to sell it out ?
if they do the will get sued for it.

just my 2cents btw,

cheers,

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Err, i'm not quite able to catch your point but oem can be equally good as branded, they came from same place anyway. There are good merchant put in effort for R&D to build up their own brand as well, most people look down on Advanti (taiwan rim brand), but it's oem of enkei, and they are official carbon rim sponsor of toro rosso f1 team... :biggrin:
Anyway, we all agreed that we must understand the product before using it:biggrin:

sky1802

Known Member
Jul 13, 2007
Sarawak
Will get this in September. :wavey:
Regarding the QC and stuff, Taiwan has been involve a lot in motorsport with their inhouse products. Every parts manufactured from Taiwan are tested thoroughly before marketed. Especially brake system,this kit is dealing with people's live, so a good QC should already be taken in the first place.

No offence,I rather trust Taiwan product rather than China.

nasscmw

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
Wow this is getting cool...

Okay Kyo it's like this, it's not that Taiwan makes crappy products, I said if Taiwan makes products and it's an unknown brand that you should be aware of that's all, hence" cap ayam". Now if it's from a 5 - 10 year old brand from Taiwan then that's something to consider. That would mean they have created a base plus been in the market for some time.

As for copy? A good example of a country which copies without R&D is China and their cars, go open the hood of those Chery cars... So is it easy to copy? Yes it is easy to copy and trust me when I say that their ABS pump is something to worry about. Imagine if they can copy but no durability tests.. therefore that's what it is, a cheap risky product....Another good example is the copy of the spacers, some of my friends have had funny brand spacers made and break.... so even if they did do proper calculations in fabricating there are no durability tests to ensure the durability of the product. Someone I met have had his spacers cracked and he's the type who buys cheap car products to see that it looks good even if he could afford better quality stuff. It could be that making the metal has to be in a certain temperature before make the spacers or ensure that the material is durable by banging on it. Point for this is that it is easy to copy but doesn't mean that it will work just as well. So if you think that a risky cheap brake product will just "serve it's purpose", then hell man that's a mighty high risk..

For getting sued, if the company has no long term plans getting sued is the least of their worries...Some companies make a product for the fast buck

As for Protons..... if it was not for the government taxing foreign cars thereby having a strategy pushing people to buy a Proton, the answer is yes it was a hopeless brand, but it seemed to be picking up now so let's keep our fingers crossed.

Alot of people buy Taiwan rims of unknown brands because it's cheap, this is on the basis of the people i know who have bought the rims, they never questioned whether it would last long but they just said they want the look....

The conclusion is.... it's not where it's made from... it's about the brand and how long it has been in the market that we have to be aware of. Example, if GP just started out in the market, check out for information such as durability and tests, and not only that they know how to make the product.

Kyogezsho

Known Member
Dec 1, 2005
Bro, GP racing is a team in taiwan that is involved in alot of racing scenes in taiwan, but they are new to making brakes but they are famous for their brake hose.
To be honest, lets not put china in this cause they are different, they are like pirate bay lol.

for a new brand to enter to market, if no one uses it then how would it be famous? if everyone like us thinking that its some new brand we duno where they come from, then wont buy and they no business then disappears in the market.

but i think la brands like VTTR, GP racing, and some other taiwan brands they are quite good brands.

they make their own brand unlike china
Iphone ===> mini Iphone.
direct copy
GP racing === > Great performance racing ltd.

not saying i totally trust this brand la
the reason why i ask in there is to get more info about it.
but it seems quite alot people heard of it.

sky1802

Known Member
Jul 13, 2007
Sarawak
Check Spec-R magz,mostly Taiwan products are advertised in that mag.
As for GP Racing brake kit,the only things that worry me is how good the rotor perform rather than the caliper itself.

I've pmed the seller,mostly he gets positive reviews from his customer and I can say there's no issue at all.

Why I am eager to get this 4 pot GP kit instead of 6 pot VTTR kit despite of the RM1000 price different, you can use back your stock wheel with it. This will not be a problem if incase your aftermarket wheel got it's tyre punctured or whatsoever, you can easily use back you oem wheels/spares. And getting aftermarket wheels offset will not be hard to get.

nashlovebrown

2,000 RPM
Aug 26, 2005
kl
Hi All,

I got GP Racing 4 port Break kit in my S15 but i cannot find the Break Pad. Anyone can advice what break pad brand can i use to fit it ?

thank you

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Formula One car of tomorrow will already be undergoing radical changes, primarily due to efforts by the FIA to reduce fuel consumption, but according to Pat Symonds, a former Renault engineering boss, the alterations to the F1 cars of 2020 will be even more radical than the previous decade.

Contributing a piece to an issue of F1 Racing that will be out in the near future, Symonds shared his thoughts and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience