Need advice on brake kit

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
How do you guys test your brakes? in terms of "bite"ness? Drive to 120 then sudden brake to 60?
I do think like I need to bleed my brakes... Cause i stepped 1-2cm into the pedal still did not feel like it's biting unless i step further down..
Going up and down Genting? :biggrin:
Ok seriously now, just normal to medium braking first then test hard braking until ABS got activated, not necessarily at very high speeds though. If no ABS cars then don't do such hard high speeds braking coz you might loose control as it skids.

1-2cm seems too much, maybe you got too much pedal free play, normally just a few mm of free play. If you press the pedal a little bit, does the brake light comes on already?

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
i think i borrow this thread to ask. Keep playing in my mind.
I ask before about brake pads.

My case. Wira gsrt, no mods, stock (all disc brake, single port). Brake been bleed couple of times. After bleed feel much better.
Few weeks later, pressing the brake pedal. Back to same old feeling, not much braking power. Press 2-3 time only can feel the hard feeling. Brake pads not worn out. No hydraulic oil leaked.

Need advice. Problem at Brake hose ? Brake caliper becos single port ? Brake pads ? Brake servo ?
From what you have described, it seems that there's very small amount of air keeps getting into your brake system. That's why a few days after doing bleeding, you start losing braking power. It happened to me before, took me a few months to find the cause. I went to several workshops, changed everything, the brake hoses, pads, pump, servo, abs modulator, everything, but I still gradually losing braking power over a week after bleeding. I finally found the leak in the connector between hard brake line and brake hose, in the wheel arch.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
How do you guys test your brakes? in terms of "bite"ness? Drive to 120 then sudden brake to 60?
I do think like I need to bleed my brakes... Cause i stepped 1-2cm into the pedal still did not feel like it's biting unless i step further down..
Bite also depends on the pads used. Usually Soft or entry level bites when cold, but cannot withstand too high a heat range. Mid pads requires a little heating up, bites better when warm and can withstand higher temperature and racing pads works best when hot but do not bite well when cold, However nowadays pads are getting better and there are pads that bites well in cold and even better when hot....:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

recently my friend told me there's this guy he sells cars from Singapore mostly costly cars like Velfire, BMW's , Lamborghini , Nissan GT-R and more .. i don't really know whether its a scrap car or wherever its from but all that i know is that its muthafu*kin cheap !! so i wanna know is it safe to use it in Malaysia even if we have supportive Malaysian documents . :confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience