honda prelude

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Guys,

Just curious, if any of Preluders here using the H22A Euro r cams inside their H22A?. donno can fit or not. Any improvement ke,, as the way i felt Euro R cams same like other H22A. Not much different.

Any ideas guys?.

skyhawkheng

500 RPM
May 6, 2005
puchong,setapak
aja said:
Guys,

Just curious, if any of Preluders here using the H22A Euro r cams inside their H22A?. donno can fit or not. Any improvement ke,, as the way i felt Euro R cams same like other H22A. Not much different.

Any ideas guys?.

Soli brother...i donno wo......:regular_smile:

hey_guy

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
skyhawkheng said:
Hey Kelvin,

I wana let go a adjustable absorber, Tanabe sustec pro, orange color. Front 2 adjustable need to service, real 2 adjustable is good condition.

I am leting go around RM1k(neg), let me know if u r interested. We can talk.......:regular_smile:
bro why wanna sell? servicing the front how much?

skyhawkheng

500 RPM
May 6, 2005
puchong,setapak
hey_guy said:
bro why wanna sell? servicing the front how much?

Actually I already have another adjustable absorber TEIN, so this set is an extra adjustable. I am not really sure how much for servicing the adjustable. U can check the quotation outside first.

Normally for Tanabe Sustec Pro at chop shop price is around RM1.5k.

I also have an extra 2 TEIN real springs, if u wan, i also can give to u, but cannot fit in Tanabe adjustable lah..hehe....maybe u can sell the springs to others also can ge......:regular_smile:

My adjustable only High/Low, no Soft/Hard.

I can be reach at 012- 282 9199, Thomas

JuizeeeBrain

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Equine Park, SK
aja said:
Guys,

Any ideas guys?.
hi,

r u asking about camshafts or cam gears(pulleys)?

anyway the cam gears are all the same on the H22 engines.

if u r refering to the camshafts, only the 5th gen Type S (220bhp) will produce some extra power compared to other H22 camshafts. so to answer ur question, apart from Type S all camshafts are the same and they should fit any H22 engines.

thats y a lot of people overseas they purchase the Type S camshafts and put them into their Prelude 4th gen to gain some hp. The Type S camshafts are similar to some aftermarket Stage 1 camshafts e.g. Crower, Skunk2, JUN etc etc.

******* If you are interested with the Stage 1 camshafts I have a pair for sale. Let me know if u r interested!! ***********

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
JuizeeeBrain said:
hi,

r u asking about camshafts or cam gears(pulleys)?

anyway the cam gears are all the same on the H22 engines.

if u r refering to the camshafts, only the 5th gen Type S (220bhp) will produce some extra power compared to other H22 camshafts. so to answer ur question, apart from Type S all camshafts are the same and they should fit any H22 engines.

thats y a lot of people overseas they purchase the Type S camshafts and put them into their Prelude 4th gen to gain some hp. The Type S camshafts are similar to some aftermarket Stage 1 camshafts e.g. Crower, Skunk2, JUN etc etc.

******* If you are interested with the Stage 1 camshafts I have a pair for sale. Let me know if u r interested!! ***********
Yeap, i'm refering to camshafts.

So, meaning to say..Type S / Euro R cams CANNOT fit to all normal H22A engine la. Hmmm.. Wonder were the differences since I thought all H22A (tyre r or non type-r) base are same in term of everything (other than P&P etc)

Let say, If i got a normal June camshafts sets for a black cover H22A, meaning to say it can't fit into H22A red cover engine la, right?.

Actually, what the main difference between black cover H22A engine camshaft with the red cover H22A camshaft?. Size, length, profile of course.

What will happened if i put the black cover H22A camshaft into red cover engine? Can't fit kah?.

Thanks in advance

saiyuke

500 RPM
Nov 6, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.cardomain.com
aja said:

So, meaning to say..Type S / Euro R cams CANNOT fit to all normal H22A engine la. Hmmm.. Wonder were the differences since I thought all H22A (tyre r or non type-r) base are same in term of everything (other than P&P etc)

Let say, If i got a normal June camshafts sets for a black cover H22A, meaning to say it can't fit into H22A red cover engine la, right?.

Actually, what the main difference between black cover H22A engine camshaft with the red cover H22A camshaft?. Size, length, profile of course.

What will happened if i put the black cover H22A camshaft into red cover engine? Can't fit kah?.

Thanks in advance

Waaaahh....... aja sifu! Very keng leh.... i also want to know the answer..:_:

hisha

2,000 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
aja said:

Thanks in advance
but as i know all the H22A part r totally same 1 la ..the different between black top n red top was the compression ratio that's y euro r will hv more higher 20hp n the intake manifold n some ECU setting is different ...some more the air ram size also different....

i think this no different between red n black top ....but type s i think also the same la .....

so who's the rite 1 ? :Not_Impressed:

like this ..the 1 who hv the type s cam shaft pls use caliper to measure the height of the cam lub...then compare with the black top ..

i'm sure any camshaft of euro r / type s can fit into the black top H22A ..if u say can't ..but y we can change the after market high cam n fit in ? n the after market high cam is suit for all H22A wether black top/red top/type s /H23A ...y ah ? hehehehe

Last edited:

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
saiyuke said:
Waaaahh....... aja sifu! Very keng leh.... i also want to know the answer..:_:
kekekeke. Where got sifu. Me also don't really know the answer actually. Last time, I asked Amoil he say cannot. Now have to test la.. so.. who want to volunteer??.

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
hisha said:
but as i know all the H22A part r totally same 1 la ..the different between black top n red top was the compression ratio that's y euro r will hv more higher 20hp n the intake manifold n some ECU setting is different ...some more the air ram size also different....

i think this no different between red n black top ....but type s i think also the same la .....

so who's the rite 1 ? :Not_Impressed:

like this ..the 1 who hv the type s cam shaft pls use caliper to measure the height of the cam lub...then compare with the black top ..

i'm sure any camshaft of euro r / type s can fit into the black top H22A ..if u say can't ..but y we can change the after market high cam n fit in ? n the after market high cam is suit for all H22A wether black top/red top/type s /H23A ...y ah ? hehehehe
Yeah..was thinking that too at the first place. By right, all H22a engine internal & external should be the same, regardless black or red.

But in reality..not all internal parts are same, timing belt length etc are different. Even plugs also different. That y i bit confused myself..

So, i suggest Amoil might be right la. That y, if we are a voluenteer, then we can try to compare la, take out both cams out, snap photo & put back.

any volunteer??.

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
eh anyone knows whats the best spark plug for our h22a? n oso im looking for spark plug cable..

what is the best size for our car or after market? is 10mm ok? coz got this set is for h.accord h22a 10mm size.

im oso wanna find spark plug.. juizeebrain.. wat brand ar? spitfire/splitfire/ngk? with the 4 legs type?

hisha

2,000 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
mrbear said:
eh anyone knows whats the best spark plug for our h22a? n oso im looking for spark plug cable..

what is the best size for our car or after market? is 10mm ok? coz got this set is for h.accord h22a 10mm size.

im oso wanna find spark plug.. juizeebrain.. wat brand ar? spitfire/splitfire/ngk? with the 4 legs type?
u mean the gap ?if the gap is 10mm its impossible ..our plug gap is 1.1mm hehehe
actually what plug also same ..depend on cold plug or hot plug ..some more more legs is not mean its good ...n depend which material it made...ididium is the best ..platinium 2nd ...some engine if u use more leg...i will hving engine knocking as side effect ..not good for the internal part especially block

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
mrbear said:

My OEM plug was NGK-R BK****(ntah ). Few months a go, i change to Denso Iri*** (ntah). Feel a bit power increase. Maybe 1-2% kot.

As for the plug cable, some says NGK is the best. Donno though..but i've tested norology (red color) before, i think 100mm kot cause the cable quite big. Powerwise, felt loss power. donno why. So far, stock cable is ok for me.

JuizeeeBrain

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Equine Park, SK
aja said:

Thanks in advance
No they should fit as long as they all H22 parts. All the internal parts are standard across H22 engines. Unless u r aiming for Stage 2 and above camshafts, then u need to upgrade ur retainers and springs. Stage 1 or Type S camshafts are merely just "plug and play" tools.

To convert to Type S, you would prob need to consider getting higher compression pistons like 11:1 or 11.5:1 type. These with the combination of VAFC and a good header and exhaust system u would see at least 20-30 hp gain on ur H22.

I had most of these parts but I kinda lost interest with it, so may be u may wanna become the taiko to start with the mod first. :shades_smile: :shades_smile:

hisha

2,000 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
aja said:
Yeah..was thinking that too at the first place. By right, all H22a engine internal & external should be the same, regardless black or red.

But in reality..not all internal parts are same, timing belt length etc are different. Even plugs also different. That y i bit confused myself..

So, i suggest Amoil might be right la. That y, if we are a voluenteer, then we can try to compare la, take out both cams out, snap photo & put back.

any volunteer??.
who pay the fees hahaha ?

actually what they said just can believe half too ..we got to check back the spec from service manual ....then we just can know the different .....actually our H22A part also can use on the CF4 blue top F20B hehehehe ..did u guys know ?

actually as a manufacturer ...they will not do so many different thing on an engine ..cos everything need a mould ..the mould is damn expensive 1 ...they just will try to cut the cost n will not increase the cost ...

about spark plug ..any plug also can put in any engine ...just the performance different ..so must refer back to the ori spec gap ..n depend on what performance u need ...

Last edited:

hisha

2,000 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
aja said:
My OEM plug was NGK-R BK****(ntah ). Few months a go, i change to Denso Iri*** (ntah). Feel a bit power increase. Maybe 1-2% kot.

As for the plug cable, some says NGK is the best. Donno though..but i've tested norology (red color) before, i think 100mm kot cause the cable quite big. Powerwise, felt loss power. donno why. So far, stock cable is ok for me.
i'm using NGK iridium 6 degree with splitfire twin core plug cable ..not bad match like this ...i'm recommende using nology plug cable with ground wire 1 ...that 1 more better ..but a bit expensive...

spark plug u can check with Pentagon in kl, they hv selling all the type of NGK plug
n they hv race in track n play car 1 ...any thing about VTEC or what they know also ...what's the size of the plug they can tell u too ...n explain with u this n that ...really nice guy 1 ..

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
hisha said:
u mean the gap ?if the gap is 10mm its impossible ..our plug gap is 1.1mm hehehe
actually what plug also same ..depend on cold plug or hot plug ..some more more legs is not mean its good ...n depend which material it made...ididium is the best ..platinium 2nd ...some engine if u use more leg...i will hving engine knocking as side effect ..not good for the internal part especially block

* 10mm is the size of the spark plug cables. (aftermarket) .. anyone got "pasang"? ..

i oso looking for spark plugs.. infos n etc2..

waiting for juizeebrain...

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
one uncle at shah alam town.. wanna sell his h.prelude .. BFK 163 or
WFK 163 .. selling for RM44K condition tip top.. stocks! color oso ori.. engine i dont really know coz didnt see it..

he just say "hi" to me while im filling my fuel some place in shah alam area.

i always see him around town.. summore her mother in law house just beside my fren house.

if anyone looking for stocks.. this is it.

about the engine.. i dont really know.. if its h22a,h23a,or f22b.

contact me..

JuizeeeBrain

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Equine Park, SK
mrbear said:
* 10mm is the size of the spark plug cables. (aftermarket) .. anyone got "pasang"? ..

i oso looking for spark plugs.. infos n etc2..

waiting for juizeebrain...
go for NGK spark cables lah, safer less worries lah... i bought thru a mechanic for 350 bucks but if u can find them in sunway i think it costs only 300.

for spark plugs am using splitfire 4 legs one. so far i feel got no prob with them lah. i havent tested out other brands so i cant give much comments.

btw dun go for splitfire spark cables coz they dun last long!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my bro lost his car on yesterday morning in front of the house... a perodua kembara ct aero 1.3, black colour, BHS 1527, in Oversea Union Garden (O.U.G).

Please contact me at 012 2320290 if anybody got the information.

Thanks!

Rewards will be given if the car found.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience