Carbon Fibre; How to Hide it?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I thought that was not really a good thing to do? Someone mentioned that here before. I think is Danz.
Not to say not good, just have to be careful when raising the hood. Cuz the hood after raised, some hood at the end got sharp points, so when u are not careful, it will just break your windscreen by piecing through.

Like this one no worries.

Here is how to do it by DZul. Credits to him.
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/do-it-yourself-garage/390312-how-to-raise-your-car-hood-diy-style.html

But haven't seen anyone do it on their carbon fibre hood. Since most of it are vented usually.

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Is it the same for all 3 evo hood from Evo 1,2,3? They looked similar...
Not sure. But I know the aluminum hoods are freaking light. Lighter than even the CF ones.

I thought that was not really a good thing to do? Someone mentioned that here before. I think is Danz.
It's not good when you're in a frontal accident. The crumple zones are completely messed up, imagine if the hood breaks off and goes straight through the windscreen, head slice anyone?

Can I do as well? :rofl:
Evo hood on your Mira? If you don't mind a lot of over hang from the hood, sure. Major front aero flap

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Not sure. But I know the aluminum hoods are freaking light. Lighter than even the CF ones.

It's not good when you're in a frontal accident. The crumple zones are completely messed up, imagine if the hood breaks off and goes straight through the windscreen, head slice anyone?

Evo hood on your Mira? If you don't mind a lot of over hang from the hood, sure. Major front aero flap
No no, I mean hood lifting. :rofl:

So I guess is better to do custom vents on the hood instead of hood lifting then?

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Your air con too cold...hahaha

Have to try because engine too hot.....
Hahaha. Ur turbo ma. :biggrin: Raise too high then the mist even bigger! :laugh:

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

No no, I mean hood lifting. :rofl:

So I guess is better to do custom vents on the hood instead of hood lifting then?
See, troll king :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Hahaha. Ur turbo ma. :biggrin: Raise too high then the mist even bigger! :laugh:

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

See, troll king :rofl:
Dunno why most of the time Izso would relate it to my kancil :rofl:
But proton I also realise my saga got mist on windscreen sometimes. But hood got smoke when raining on kelisa last time :rofl:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Then maybe I just remove the rubber layer in between.....:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Not to say not good, just have to be careful when raising the hood. Cuz the hood after raised, some hood at the end got sharp points, so when u are not careful, it will just break your windscreen by piecing through.

Like this one no worries.

Here is how to do it by DZul. Credits to him.
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/do-it-yourself-garage/390312-how-to-raise-your-car-hood-diy-style.html

But haven't seen anyone do it on their carbon fibre hood. Since most of it are vented usually.

Yeah, that is what I meant. So, there are no ways to overcome this problem? Preventing the raised hood from piercing through during frontal accident?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yeah, that is what I meant. So, there are no ways to overcome this problem? Preventing the raised hood from piercing through during frontal accident?
Get a vented carbon fibre hood :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Most CF hood also vented. Buy CF already but still no vented feels like not worth it. Only lighter than original. Might as well get the best of both worlds. Lighter and vented to release heat. :biggrin:
Not vented one also got. Like for my car OEM design CF hood.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Raise your hood and risk it. There's no way around it.

Want better cooling or a cooler engine bay wrap your manifold and improve airflow in the bay. Perhaps vented hood or fenders.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
But doesn't seem to worth it unless it is a lot cheaper than vented cf hood.
Ya, that's why just custom vent your OEM bonnet.

Raise your hood and risk it. There's no way around it.

Want better cooling or a cooler engine bay wrap your manifold and improve airflow in the bay. Perhaps vented hood or fenders.
But vented hood disperse heat better than fenders right bro? Since heat goes up more than side ways. But it helps though.

Another way is Ceramico the manifold :biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

But vented hood disperse heat better than fenders right bro? Since heat goes up more than side ways. But it helps though.

Come we DIT your bonnet, I have can opener ready for you.......:biggrin::biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
How about disadvantage of vented hoods?
If you look at the Evo and Scooby, the vents and scoops are all at strategic locations, scooby scoop goes to the intercooler, the evo vents are at the sides, the one at the front (Scoop) goes into an air intake.

So basically you need to vent at areas that won't expose your hot bits to the weather. Imagine a smoking hot exhaust manifold suddenly getting instant cooling from cold rain. Guarantee cracked manifold. And as what stupidcar has said - electrical bits that aren't supposed to get wet much less soaked should be protected, if vented then "woohoo"..

Pros and cons lor.

Erm.. no. Most cars have the air flow go down to the bottom of the car, not upwards. Heat will follow air flow. If your car idle then that's a different story but how often is your car going to be stationary? Hence side fender vents lor.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear guys,

Apologies if there is already a thread on this..but out of curiosity as the titles goes..:adore:

Am currently using a 2.3 inch diametre piping from the extractor straight out towards the muffler with no bullet..and have been using this setup for the past 2 years..but i noticed there's a slight decline in throttle response compared to a 2 inch piping setup that i used to have earlier...

Is it normal?..or is my current diameter is too big?..some of my colleague with similar...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience