Advice needed on Lancer GT

ealt

2,000 RPM
Dec 16, 2003
wah...too many sifu in here..:confused:

fred_soo_88

2,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2006
why not for 120k to buy a new lancer GT take that 120k buy an evo7..... not worth converting.. when u sale no value

wira4life

Known Member
Feb 16, 2009
evo7 look outdated. who like buying second hand cars ( suih liao ). now the new eye is evo X ( damn garang liao ). haiyah u can buy Lancer GT then convert with evo9 engine lorrr. Tomei also selling complete engine. more power lorrr..... can go 300km/h. :driver:

Last edited:

johnnygsr

Known Member
Dec 24, 2005
evo7 look outdated. who like buying second hand cars ( suih liao ). now the new eye is evo X ( damn garang liao ). haiyah u can buy Lancer GT then convert with evo9 engine lorrr. Tomei also selling complete engine. more power lorrr..... can go 300km/h. :driver:
Choice is yours.. Good luck bro..

BEan

Known Member
Oct 12, 2004
Klang
www.devoteesofcharade.com
dont lah say evo 7 look outdated.:bawling::bawling:huhuhuhu.i owned an evo 8.it might look outdated but most important is its part of the legendary evo family.many of us i'm sure would like to get an evo x.but cant afford it.so buy cheaper evo 1st.for those who can afford it,good for you n go ahead buy the evo x.

it all boils down to money.in my opinion go ahead with the lancer gt.if planned on converting it to evo x go ahead.i dunno if it will cost more to convert or cheaper to just buy the evo x.but be warned though,the evo x halfcut wont be cheap if it ever reach our shores.

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
the look of evo X catched ur eyes & u r going to get lancer GT now then convert to evo X few years later once u settle down ur work?but how it going to be when evo 11 or 12 or 13 launch before u start ur conversion?

u r buying the car just becoz ur frens got some "fast ride" & u need something special to stand among them?if those r really ur frens,i dun think they mind even if u r just driving a wira.

or if u love evo so much,why dont u get a evo 7 or something close to ur budget?the choice is in ur hand if u got deep pocket,but seems like u r short of budget to get ur dream come true.so why dun keep the best for last instead of get something "wannabe" now & make it to something "outdated" later?

and fyi,not easy to maintain a turbo car,make sure u r ready for tis or else u will regret.

just my 2cents

johnnygsr

Known Member
Dec 24, 2005
the look of evo X catched ur eyes & u r going to get lancer GT now then convert to evo X few years later once u settle down ur work?but how it going to be when evo 11 or 12 or 13 launch before u start ur conversion?

u r buying the car just becoz ur frens got some "fast ride" & u need something special to stand among them?if those r really ur frens,i dun think they mind even if u r just driving a wira.

or if u love evo so much,why dont u get a evo 7 or something close to ur budget?the choice is in ur hand if u got deep pocket,but seems like u r short of budget to get ur dream come true.so why dun keep the best for last instead of get something "wannabe" now & make it to something "outdated" later?

and fyi,not easy to maintain a turbo car,make sure u r ready for tis or else u will regret.

just my 2cents
Bro.. Well said..

wira4life

Known Member
Feb 16, 2009
yah smallmaster. it's a bad idea to convert lancer GT to Evo X. Turbo not easy to maintain lar. better u buy silvia, rx8 or etc lar. can put 2JZ lar. boleh asap semua keta. kikikikiki. tink 100 times before buy lancer GT.:smokin:

Mistaken_Identity

2,000 RPM
Aug 11, 2005
Johore Bahru

EVO 7 looks outdated...????:hmmmm::hmmmm: I wonder what car do U drive bro...??

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
Evo Forever................The best Evo is all de evosss....no whether which version ....all still up to date ..depends on how u think...........MLOCian rocks.......we have most of the evo's version in our club.....Bravosssss:driver:

HaxDuum

Known Member
Nov 4, 2007
Ppl got his way of playing cars let him b ba...is an enthusiasm^^
anyway is a family car as he said, so dun think evo is a good choice for the time being i guess...after 5 yrs later then he know how big headed it is to convert evo n street legal like my mate, converted 2001 lancer into evo 9, already 2 yrs haven got his car out yet....alot of problem encounter, kena cheated by foreman la, jpj la, foreman not skillful enough to do such job making months and months also cannot finish the project, wasted money = to 1 new type r car, the car only drove 10k lol....
anyway by the time his thinking would b different, start with bodykit 1st at least the looks is evo x hehehe....

Bump: Ppl got his way of playing cars let him b ba...is an enthusiasm^^
anyway is a family car as he said, so dun think evo is a good choice for the time being i guess...after 5 yrs later then he know how big headed it is to convert evo n street legal like my mate, converted 2001 lancer into evo 9, already 2 yrs haven got his car out yet....alot of problem encounter, kena cheated by foreman la, jpj la, foreman not skillful enough to do such job making months and months also cannot finish the project, wasted money = to 1 new type r car, the car only drove 10k lol....
anyway by the time his thinking would b different, start with bodykit 1st at least the looks is evo x hehehe....

johnnygsr

Known Member
Dec 24, 2005
Its true bro.. I've gone through wira convertion to Mitsu turbo engine before.. I know the hassle... Its a 50-50 luck..
First, the half cut engine condition, this is the first risk you gonna take. Secondly, your mechanic. If he is experience then good, if not then sorry to say, you gonna spend all the unneccesary $$.. Thirdly, after install there will a minor minor things you hav to change or replace plus setting, also $$.. and this will takes some times for your car to stable it.. Final, JPJ... another 50-50% luck.

*** Evo w/o 4WD you cant enjoy the maximum cornering, only engine power. & JPJ never approve 2 front wheel to 4WD.

SO conclusion is either you get normal Lancer GT car with Evo bodykit only or Get a real Evo..
Choice is still up to you. Unless you go for illegal..

Good luck..

Bump:
yah smallmaster. it's a bad idea to convert lancer GT to Evo X. Turbo not easy to maintain lar. better u buy silvia, rx8 or etc lar. can put 2JZ lar. boleh asap semua keta. kikikikiki. tink 100 times before buy lancer GT.:smokin:
Wira4Life.. by the way. wat car you owning? Abit curious due to all your answer/advise given here.... There is nothing wrong for him to buy Lancer GT.. Rite? Unless you trying to say Lancer GT is not a powerful car too?
:hmmmm:

Last edited:

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
all cars after proper mods can become powderful oso lar... and 2J is NOT the only choice of engine for all cars. have u tried chasing cars with a sr22 or a 20B inside before? :hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

johnnygsr

Known Member
Dec 24, 2005
all cars after proper mods can become powderful oso lar... and 2J is NOT the only choice of engine for all cars. have u tried chasing cars with a sr22 or a 20B inside before? :hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:
:biggrin::itsme::adore: Our Nissan sifu is here.. Well said.. bro.

Last edited:

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
:biggrin::itsme::adore: Our Nissan sifu is here.. Well said.. bro.
i not sifu la... i just somehow dun like the idea that 2j is the answer for all cars or all types of uses. :hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

p/s - i especially dun like the idea of a toyota engine in a nissan car :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

smallmaster

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
Johor
Ok its me here !! ok let me say what i have decide from all sifu's opinion. maybe by the end of this year, i will tell my parents to take the Lancer GT. i will used it 1st for some years. after finish my studies all. i will decide 1st whether want to modify my Lancer GT into evo8/9/10 engine with necessary parts or just swap a real evo or any other car. :driver::driver:

and i wan ask 'wira4life', what is ur car actually. Ferari enzo ar???? in my opinion, 2JZ is not the only engine tat powerful. summore, evo7 look outdated ar???? hey bro, even evo3 look damn garang n still got the power. evo7,8,9 all have the good look lar bro. even my younger brother still love the evo6 TM edition.:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

DewA_LavaU

1,500 RPM
Jan 11, 2004
Bintulu
chills guys don't take it seriously :wavey: rilek2 eyhhh :driver: everyone is deserve to say its own opinion here :smokin:

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
i'll just say go ahead on what ever makes you HAPPY!!!!:driver:

myself has converted a lancer mx to an evo6 before.. no problem..well sometimes you get some police block which you need to "belanja" them some "teh"... but then again.. you drive ori evo also they stop you and comment "wah.. you punya waja banyak modified?".."mana lesen?"... so whats the damm difference between ori and convert?.. to me its just difference in perception.. some people may have been in bad experience in converting.. due to mechanic,jpj..etc... well.. seriously its your luck lor...

1) dont send to a mechanic that you do not know...
2)A mechanic or workshop need to warranty a FOLLOW UP!!!! and not warranty the parts.. but follow up service on little things that may occur along the way...
3)seek for advice...= means look for us lah!!! kekekekeke:rofl:
4)do not rush.... = its the worst thing to do to a mechanic... things will be upside down..eg:
"Aiyah... you rush me i put the cam upside down, wirings forgot to hide nicely.. forgot change gasket..now BOOOOMMMMMM!!!!" "how i know?"...

i guess you do not want to hear that statement rite?

anywayzzzz.... each person has their own opinion on their dream cars!!!

we all got our own dream to chase... why stop here?...

Mistaken_Identity

2,000 RPM
Aug 11, 2005
Johore Bahru
i'll just say go ahead on what ever makes you HAPPY!!!!:driver:

myself has converted a lancer mx to an evo6 before.. no problem..well sometimes you get some police block which you need to "belanja" them some "teh"... but then again.. you drive ori evo also they stop you and comment "wah.. you punya waja banyak modified?".."mana lesen?"... so whats the damm difference between ori and convert?.. to me its just difference in perception.. some people may have been in bad experience in converting.. due to mechanic,jpj..etc... well.. seriously its your luck lor...

1) dont send to a mechanic that you do not know...
2)A mechanic or workshop need to warranty a FOLLOW UP!!!! and not warranty the parts.. but follow up service on little things that may occur along the way...
3)seek for advice...= means look for us lah!!! kekekekeke:rofl:
4)do not rush.... = its the worst thing to do to a mechanic... things will be upside down..eg:
"Aiyah... you rush me i put the cam upside down, wirings forgot to hide nicely.. forgot change gasket..now BOOOOMMMMMM!!!!" "how i know?"...

i guess you do not want to hear that statement rite?

anywayzzzz.... each person has their own opinion on their dream cars!!!

we all got our own dream to chase... why stop here?...

Dream to chase..??? U mean like WET DREAM kaaa Mr. P..????:hmmmm::hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just want to check whether the fuel pump for sgti is the same with 1.5 wira. Recently just have mine changed during tuning due to not supplying enough fuel. The installer got me a 1.5 wira fuel pump taiwan made and said is the same. After changing the new fuel pump, my car become sluggish and the will out of petrol @ 40 ltrs. Advised needed. Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience