Wta:convertion Of Rx8 From Auto Or Tiptronic To Manual

zenlim

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
Anybodi know about the convertion about converting an auto or tiptronic RX8 to manual ?? Pls help!!!

zenlim

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
Anybodi helping???

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
It's not advisable to do this...... Because you'll need the 6mt engine, ECU and wiring and odometer change as well, in the end you'll waste more than 15k....... best is trade in.....

zenlim

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
I think onli changing the gearbox ,ecu n those wiring about onli ? Wah enjine oso nid change kah ? Btw where is the different between auto n manual enjine ? If there is onli the power is doesnt matter 4 me ! Thanks Bro 4 ur advice !! Can u tell me more bout it?

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
zenlim said:
I think onli changing the gearbox ,ecu n those wiring about onli ? Wah enjine oso nid change kah ? Btw where is the different between auto n manual enjine ? If there is onli the power is doesnt matter 4 me ! Thanks Bro 4 ur advice !! Can u tell me more bout it?
Manual engine has 6 port intake while auto has 4 port........ On dyno, it clearly shows that it has 20hp-30hp more than auto engine....... Than it's easier to mod as well, most jap aftermarket manufacturer designed their parts based on manual......

zenlim

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
So can i use auto enjine n jz convert it to manual using manual gearbox n ecu? coz i jz wanna drive manaul car n the power is no important 4 me !! Coz auto car more cheap ma !! If manual car 2nd oso hard find la plus new 1 so expensive so jz thinking mayb can get an auto 1 around 140k den put in few thousand toconvert it ! Thanks!! So how is ur suggestion ler??

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
I consulted Ah Choy which is very experience with rotary engine........ Changing the transmission requires to change the engine as well...... here are reasons given.....

1)RX8 is electronically sensitive, when you change to manual ecu, you can't use your current key becos the immobiliser setting is different.....

2)As i mentioned be4, manual and auto engine is totally different, which means manual ecu cannot run auto engine and vice versa.......

3)Manual crankshaft is different from auto, if you forcefully use it, clutch bearing will damaged and the engine power loss is imminent, worst come to worst you damaged the engine and transmission together.....

As you see this not as easy as you imagine, new car are more advanced than ever, with ecu steping in the way, mod will be very difficult in the future....

zenlim

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
Thanks 4 ur advice ?? I really help me a lot !! So u know the best price 4 manual rx8 ? Whatever la 2nd hand oso nvm 1

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
zenlim said:
Thanks 4 ur advice ?? I really help me a lot !! So u know the best price 4 manual rx8 ? Whatever la 2nd hand oso nvm 1
Try to ask Mutiara Motor.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Me and my friend were chatting recently and he suddenly brought up the topic lift hood.
I remember some guys who lifted their hood slightly higher at the part near the front wind shield told me that it is a method to let the hot air in the engine bay escape.

But according to my friend, by lifting the hood up, when you are traveling at higher speed, the air traveling above the bonnet is faster than the air traveling inside the engine bay therefore it generates lift which reduces the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience