Which way to a 350hp 250lb. ft car?

autocrosser

Known Member
Aug 13, 2006
If you were to build a 350hp forced induction car, which way would you go?
Forget the Wira. That's old hat. Every backyard mechanic has done one.
Would you go Honda, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Toyota or Mazda? Proton Putra's are OK.
I am thinking I would get a Putra and take it to one of those speed shops and have them plunk in a Evo engine. Maybe upgrade the engine a little bit with new pistons, bigger turbo, etc. Also, put in a new engine management system like Motec.
How about a Waja with a Evo 5 and up engine? It would be hot.
I guess if I were feeling rich, I would get a Silvia and mod it. 350 hp from a Silvia is easy from what I read. You just need a bit of loot!

Anyway, put in your two cents. Which manufacturer, engine management system and who would you have the work done by? Any idea how much it would cost to get 350hp?

By the way, does anyone know how the Evo 4 powertrain is configured, i.e., the transmission on the right side like the Evo 1,2, and 3 or is it like the current version with the transmission on the left and the engine on the right?
While we are at it, is there a transmission with LSD that will fit the Evo 1,2 and 3 engine if we put it in a Putra?

Thanks in advance to all you sifus out there.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
errr i dunno y u told putra is ok
there is no diffrence in putra n wira modification

gettign a 350hp is easy anyways
a vr4 stock with a lil extra magic can give u tht 350hp
if u r talking about putra
and yes full lock lsd , cusco , kaaz , adelia , can be found in evo 1,2,3 halfcuts

getting a 350hp can be done in the range of 10-12k

as for nissan i know the rb20 will be capable,
a sr20 errr im not sure bout tht

but 1jz would easily hit 350hp
in a bmw maybe ?

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
If anyone could take kancil and squeeze out 350hp... I would pray him/her like a god! kiddin'

Honda is possible, but you have to dump a lot of money and fund.
Nissan is easy. Get rb20 or rb26. This engine can done over 1000hp!
Mitsubishi is easy too. In fact after martket part is many and when you reaches 350hp, im sure few more steps the car will be till the top of the end.
Toyota, no need to say, the prize is giving to 1JZ.
Mazda... 13B... I don't even see any foreman can really know how to repair this engine. 350hp, no problem.
Proton? IMPOSSIBLE is using stock engine. Everyone knows about it, need not to say anything about it.

If really wants to play 350hp, better go for stronger chassis. Forget about proton.
Nissan would be the best. Get one skyline R34 then mod.

350hp...on road... too strong already... If you're going to ride it on road... please don't do that my friend, I'm afraid this monster will control you rather than you control it...

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
So erm..... Who's into flying our own personal jet planes here? :biggrin:

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
most important, get a car with either 4WD or RWD if u wana hit that kinda power. a car with that much torque on a FWD will definitely have undesirable amount of torque steer and its a fact that we cannot change on FF cars.

just my 2 cents

autocrosser

Known Member
Aug 13, 2006
Thanks for all the replies, guys. Especially the one from Mengz. I had forgotten about the torque steer issue in Front wheel drives. It looks like RWD is it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everyone, currently I'm planning to buy a Proton Putra & rite now I'm in a total confusion :banghead: because as far as I came over many advert on Proton Putra for sale on the website I saw most of them fitted DOCH engine, some of them with GSR engine & only a few of them fitted with MIVEC engine. My question is which is the best in terms of performance, maintenance & of course fuel economy ??? I also got saw some is fitted with GSR Turbo engine but I haven't came across MIVEC fitted with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience