What drifting technique do you perfer to initiate with??

cheaka

500 RPM
Dec 22, 2003
Malaysia
www.syncoptima.com
What do you guys & girls favor when drifting?? E-brake? Weight Transfer? Shift Lock? Clutch Kick? ......etc..... :tongue:

monsterv6

2,000 RPM
May 3, 2005
S.J
cheaka said:
What do you guys & girls favor when drifting?? E-brake? Weight Transfer? Shift Lock? Clutch Kick? ......etc..... :tongue:
whats up cheaka....:) i prefer clutch kick during at low speed...:) if kinda high speed i prefer e-brake....:) :rock: :dancing2:

space_cowboy

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2003
a..aa..aapolloo
Visit site
Hmm.. let me see.

any method also can sapu, as long the car go sideways wil do. hehehe..

what bout yopu cheaka..??

ivan78

Known Member
Mar 24, 2005
i do Clutch Kick + faint a lot. then e-brake to control. now have to start learning weight transfer, less damaging to the car.

ivan78

Known Member
Mar 24, 2005
maybe depend the character (setting) of your car and your self. my KE hard to control the angle by using ebrake. and killing too much speed. hard to do more angle cause the rpm drop a lot. maybe cause my car too light.

cheaka

500 RPM
Dec 22, 2003
Malaysia
www.syncoptima.com
yeah yeah...clutch kick is the way to go....i like clutch kick....:tee:

leviathan

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
selangor
Visit site
mid speed - powerover
low speed - handbrake on mid corner, late a bit la but doesn't kill drivetrain
high speed - brake drift
clutch kick - only when running out of slide, but nowadays rarely clutch kick, kill drive train la :P

ari7474tme

Known Member
Mar 26, 2005
according to my SIFU, its better to learn clutch kick first. its more contolable. then when u oledi terrer a bit, try e brake. then when terrer a bit again, try feint. then, when u oredi terrer very much, tsusio with ur SIFU. u will learn more by looking at wat the experts can do and at the samer time try to do it.

p/s- to my SIFU, thanks a million for teaching me how to drift. its a 'kejadian yang amat ajaib' ... ha..ha..

ivan78

Known Member
Mar 24, 2005
for my experience, is better to learn donut, then figure 8. after that try L corner with e brake. must be e brake 1st cause safer. e brake is fast to slow. clutch kick is slow to fast. then U corner. after that faint. after faint, you should able to handle diffrent type of corner or combination of technique.
for example, if you entre speed is not reach, you can use clutch kick, then e brake + foot brake to control speed and angle. if too much speed, you can do faint or e brake 1st.

actually for japanese drifter, e brake is the basic to drifting. you may use a lot when tsuiso battle.

here is a useful link of example for e brake technique from www.drift.com.my
http://www.drift.com.my/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1265

Last edited:

WhatTHE!!!

Known Member
Jul 1, 2005
seremban
spaces.msn.com
ivan78 said:
i do Clutch Kick + faint a lot. then e-brake to control. now have to start learning weight transfer, less damaging to the car.
All the while I initial drift wit E-brake then continue by powerover then gear change (to 2nd to 3rd then 3rd to 2nd...)

Now I wan to learn weight transfer like how D-Jan did at A'Famosa. With less damage to gears and clutch.

Ivan also very good in weight transfer. When can you gimme some teaching har?

SR20KET

Dec 22, 2005
the drift bible got explain weight transfer ma. i think it say lift off, braking and feint is all weight transfer. also, i seen a lot of ppl use clutch kick to start a feint, but the drift king didnt use clutch kick to feint.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

3.24% at best. lol. I’m sure removing your spare tire (either in the boot or on your belly) would net 3.24% faster acceleration as well.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience