VW Polo Sedan

idr.ace

idr.ace

Nov 29, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hello All,

Newbie here,.. would like to ask your (anyone) opinion/suggestion/comment/anything on the new VW Polo Sedan 1.6.,, from the owner itself, or any car enthusiast.

Im looking for a new car. Mine now is local made, would try for a continental, so I think the Polo Sedan would fit for a start.

My concerns are on maintenance/service, fuel consumption and performance (if any, its a 'small car', not expecting much) Comments are deeply appreciated.

Thank you... peace

option1978

Known Member

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
Somehow felt that the VW Polo Sedan 1.6 is a VW but without VW technology.

If u are interested in VW, why not a Golf Tsi / Jetta?

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Polo sedan also local made...:hmmmm:

or you mean your current one is local brand..:proud:

for the price, its quite nice...got rear aircond vent..
i never drive it nor owned any VW though..

what is VW technology?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Being Local assembled they downgraded certain things to cost down. Using Indonesian tyres for one, and rear disc brakes are now drums....:banghead:

idr.ace

idr.ace

Nov 29, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Somehow felt that the VW Polo Sedan 1.6 is a VW but without VW technology.

If u are interested in VW, why not a Golf Tsi / Jetta?

The Polo sedan would be my first EURO car, so I wouldnt waste much money on it (if it fails).

Try logged on to VW Facebook, u'll see more negative comments on the cars. But, really that bad kah ??

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Being Local assembled they downgraded certain things to cost down. Using Indonesian tyres for one, and rear disc brakes are now drums....:banghead:
Its been assembled in India.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Polo sedan also local made...:hmmmm:

or you mean your current one is local brand..:proud:

for the price, its quite nice...got rear aircond vent..
i never drive it nor owned any VW though..

what is VW technology?
My current one is a local brand... PROTON... but u know la.. tingkap always fail... sigh..

option1978

Known Member

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
The Polo sedan would be my first EURO car, so I wouldnt waste much money on it (if it fails).

Try logged on to VW Facebook, u'll see more negative comments on the cars. But, really that bad kah ??

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Its been assembled in India.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

My current one is a local brand... PROTON... but u know la.. tingkap always fail... sigh..
Been to their FB whilst i was researching on VW & read a lot of complaints but somehow most of them did not mention which model they are complaining about. My 2 bosses using VW models ranging from 1 to 3 years & by far no major complaints from them. Met a guy selling VW accessories recently, also using VW for over a year, no complaint as well. Only advice from him, drive gently.

Service centre complaint, seems that not only VW but others as well, depending on which SC you intend to go to.

I had my fair shares of worrying here & there before finally realising that life is just a bit too short to worry too much. Any question asked, A will say good, B will say bad, C would say neutral & so on, so if you are really keen to try out Euro, do go ahead. You will never know until you try it yourself.

As for myself, been driving mine for over a week now & truly enjoying the experience, from the acceleration to the comfort to the handling & technology, really enjoyed it.

Do take note that the VW Polo Sedan is the VW entry level model, as such don't really expect to much from quality but they did packed in a number of useful stuff i.e. rear a/c, RCD 320 HU that comes with bluetooth. A bit of a flaw with the arm rest / hand brake position though. need to move the arm rest up every time you operate the hand brake as the arm rest is in the way.

idr.ace

idr.ace

Nov 29, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Been to their FB whilst i was researching on VW & read a lot of complaints but somehow most of them did not mention which model they are complaining about. My 2 bosses using VW models ranging from 1 to 3 years & by far no major complaints from them. Met a guy selling VW accessories recently, also using VW for over a year, no complaint as well. Only advice from him, drive gently.

Service centre complaint, seems that not only VW but others as well, depending on which SC you intend to go to.

I had my fair shares of worrying here & there before finally realising that life is just a bit too short to worry too much. Any question asked, A will say good, B will say bad, C would say neutral & so on, so if you are really keen to try out Euro, do go ahead. You will never know until you try it yourself.

As for myself, been driving mine for over a week now & truly enjoying the experience, from the acceleration to the comfort to the handling & technology, really enjoyed it.

Do take note that the VW Polo Sedan is the VW entry level model, as such don't really expect to much from quality but they did packed in a number of useful stuff i.e. rear a/c, RCD 320 HU that comes with bluetooth. A bit of a flaw with the arm rest / hand brake position though. need to move the arm rest up every time you operate the hand brake as the arm rest is in the way.

Thanks for the info option 1978. Couldn't agree more with what u said,..

option1978

Known Member

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
Thanks for the info option 1978. Couldn't agree more with what u said,..
Btw, had another good look at the complaints at VW FB, noticed that the more serious / long standing complaints are on Polo (both sedan & 1.2 TSI) & a few minor on Passat (1.8 TSI).

Finally it's still your own decision, whether you want to experience Euro cars enough to take certain risk that may or may not happen to you (much depending on luck) or just stick with local / asian cars.

Good luck & cheers

stupidcar

5,000 RPM

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Btw, had another good look at the complaints at VW FB, noticed that the more serious / long standing complaints are on Polo (both sedan & 1.2 TSI) & a few minor on Passat (1.8 TSI).

Finally it's still your own decision, whether you want to experience Euro cars enough to take certain risk that may or may not happen to you (much depending on luck) or just stick with local / asian cars.

Good luck & cheers
Their after sales service are just pure crap.
Even Proton is better.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
My friend sends her GTI to Wearnes and has had her issues with them. But these issues sometimes can be prevented by doing self maintenance checks.

Personally I don't trust any service center. I do my own checks and I just tell the SC to change things that I can't do myself or follow the warranty requirements.

The most important thing is to build a relationship with a certain SC rep and always work with the same guy if that rep gives good service.

And the Polo Sedan doesn't have any VW tech. So it's relatively problem free. It's a pretty nippy 1.6 and it's not a light car (it feels heavy when driving) but it's got the Euro feel. Quiet (relative) cabin, solid feel, etc. Probably will be cheaper to maintain than other VWs cuz no DSG and TSI.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
SC cannot settle issues is due to SC not good or Car got major issues cannot settle?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
SC cannot settle issues is due to SC not good or Car got major issues cannot settle?
In the case of my friends GTI, a bike sideswiped her side mirror and the plastic panel popped out. She sent it back to Wearnes for repair and they couldn't fit it back. Fitted it eventually but she discovered the car had a few hundred KM added to the mileage. Joyriders? 100km is somewhat acceptable but a few hundred is unacceptable. It was something like 300km+ total.

2nd time sent back to change drive shaft based on service records, the mechs didn't notice a damaged sidewall in the 18" tyres and the somewhat flat tyre and didn't inform my friend. She only discovered the problem after driving back from the center and heard a strange droning sound. By then the tyre was unrecoverable.

Other times they didn't fit panels properly causing rattling, didn't screw properly causing loud banging noise when the bolt came loose while driving that shocked my friend and thought something had broken in the engine bay.

All sorts of things.

idr.ace

idr.ace

Nov 29, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
And the Polo Sedan doesn't have any VW tech. So it's relatively problem free. It's a pretty nippy 1.6 and it's not a light car (it feels heavy when driving) but it's got the Euro feel. Quiet (relative) cabin, solid feel, etc. Probably will be cheaper to maintain than other VWs cuz no DSG and TSI.
..Hmm..thanks for the info..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It's time to break your bank account: the world's best handling sports car just got better.

Making it's debut at the New York Auto Show, the S2000 CR features a higher level of track-worthiness and style to the original S2000 roadster.

"The S2000 CR is the closest thing you can get to a Honda-built race car with license plate holders and a horn,"...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience