Uwe Gemballa's body found with gun shot wound to the back of the head

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

Something that was long suspected has been confirmed. Reports earlier this year suggesting that Uwe Gemballa was "sleeping with the fishes" has now been confirmed after the German tuning expert's body was found wrapped in cellophane somewhere in South Africa.

There's not much information available but from what we have learnt, Uwe's murder was somehow tied to an international illegal money laundering scheme involving Czech crime boss Radovan Krejcir. According to a witness testimony, Gemballa and Krejcir have been involved in money laundering transactions since 2002. But in September 2009, s**t hit the fan when Gemballa stopped making payments to Krejcir on time.

This prompted Krejcir to do what he does best. An associate of Krejcir lured Gemballa to South Africa under the guise of reaching a new business agreement. According to reports, airport surveillance show the German being picked up by a man believed to be a Russian associate of Krejcir on February 8th 2010. The two later traveled to a house and Uwe was forced to call his wife and ask for one million dollars. When the money didn't arrive, the inevitable happened.

Uwe was found shot in the head with his hands tied behind his back.

Apparently Uwe was facing difficulty paying Gemballa employees and his wife, who has been given power of attorney for the company, has filed bankruptcy for the tuning company but there are also reports suggesting that current employees are looking for ways to revive the company.

Local police have not commented on any of the surrounding circumstances of Gemballa's death.

Vishnu Naidoo, a South African police spokesman said: “We have found the body of Gemballa and we're now investigating the circumstances around his death. A murder docket has been opened.”

No arrests have yet been made, but two German police officers are in South Africa to assist with the investigation.

Attachments

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
so,its safe to say that whoever buys a gemballa car is helping a czech mafia to clean his money?

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Wow thats pretty scary. Executed mafia style... :vollkommenauf:

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
RIP...
i have this funny comment from jalopnik website (i know it is inappropriate but it was not from me..) says : "does anyone called 911?!".

pfft...

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
rip...

shoot at the back of the head with hands tied up is small fry compared to our recent local murder case...and thats not even involving mafia..

pandaB

Known Member
Feb 9, 2005
RIP.. the Gemballa creations will always be one of the sexiest if not scariest, ever.

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
at least still found his body. not like indian businessman who come malaysia.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi , i wanna buy a manual sport car for weekend use . I am confuse to choose whether Rx8 or Toyota Celica.
i prefer rx8 much , but compare to maintanance . i always heard that rx8 got plenty of problem .
and celica is very easy to maintain . OF course if i buy rx8 i will buy the cheapest 2002 years car .10 years rotary engine . i always go long distance place . IS it many problem ? Hopefully some Sifu here get give me a clear comment .
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience