The Scrambler Sixty2: Ducati's post-heritage bike now here

Amirul

Resident Journalist
Jun 7, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
www.zerotohundred.com
What is it?

Ducati Malaysia has unveiled the exciting new Ducati Scrambler Sixty2 at Bukit Tinggi today. Featuring a 399cc air-cooled L-twin engine, the Scrambler Sixty2 is basically a smaller version of the 803cc Scrambler.

The Scrambler Sixty2 is Ducati's entry-level motorcycle targeted to new riders and can be a fun commuter motorcycle for experienced riders. Inspired by youth street culture, street food, skateboarding, pop music and pop arts, Ducati chose the Sixty2 name because pop culture was gathering anticipation throughout America in 1962, the same year the original Ducati Scrambler was introduced.

Ducati Scrambler Sixty2

Engine:
399cc air-cooled L-twin
Power: 41hp at 8,750rpm
Torque: 34.6Nm at 7,750rpm
Zerotohundred: n/a
Transmission: Six-speed
Weight from: 167kg (dry)
Price: RM52,999

Design

The Ducati Scrambler brings 'post-heritage' concept in its design, interpreting iconic details with modern technical construction.

The name might be taken from the 1960s, but the bike's styling is right from the 1970s; single headlight design, single gauge that features its tachometer and speedometer, classic wide handle bars with minimal controls and teardrop-shaped steel gas tank.

Three colours will be available - Atomic Tangerine, Ocean Grey and Shining Black.

Engine

Apart from its styling, everything else is modern Ducati. The engine is an L-twin, air-cooled 399cc with Desmodromic distribution and 72mm x 49 mm bore and stroke. The Scrambler Sixty2 gets a single stainless steel muffler with aluminium exterior cover, catalytic converter and 2 lambda probes.

Chassis

The Sixty2 receives a twin upper spar steel frame, Showa suspension and Brembo braking system (single 320mm disc up front, single 245mm at the back) with a two channel ABS.

The 10-spoke aluminium wheels are wrapped in Pirelli MT60 rubbers. Other features include newly-designed front mudguard and a classically-designed steel swing arm.

The Ducati Scrambler Sixty2 is retailed at RM52,999 including GST.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

HI all

Its been awhile since I played the auto detailing game (still use turtlewax ICE original packaging) and I have been doing my research on the forums here so I do know there is a huge difference between doing it yourself and sending to a good shop. I also know you have pure wax that melts after a few days in the sun and synthetic that can last for months.

Now I have a 07 sentra that has very good paint job and I want to send it to a shop for a full interior and exterior detail. Am...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience