The mighty 2jz or The legendary RB26

pocong

Known Member
Oct 3, 2008
if engine capacity is the argument here.. if dat's d case.. compare rb25 with 1jz... don talk about legend or heritage crap... in stock form 1jz can kick the shit out of rb25 anytime.... u're driving 280ZX rite? wat do u have under the hood? L series?
Mine oredi RB engine inside. But still keep the L28 with gear box in case I got time and MONEY to remake d engine or if I found available 240/260 so that I can replace it with my L28 with tripple Webbers. I used the L28 b4 the ECU 'kong'ed. Can drive to Genting mostly in 4th, sometimes 3rd gear accept the Pagoda/Temple corner in 2nd. What I can say, for 28 years old junk engine, in stock standard, the engine response was so free n willing. I saw in YouTube there was one Datsun 510 with L20 engine ' tapau-ed' an Evo 6 or 7 in one of British trackday.

Have you taste the L Series before? In one video in Japan, there was a 240Z with L28 and 3.1 stroker kit engine out run the same 240Z with RB 26 or 25 ( saw the bonnet/hood bulging ).

Even I oredi convert my Fairlady to RB which is more modern, more horse power perhaps more torque than old L28, in my humble opinion the L28 is better. That's my opinion and perhaps not everybody will agree with that. It's OK. No big deal.

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
OT a bit. pocong, the rb engine can plug and play in the Z or need to change mountings and cut here and there?

pocong

Known Member
Oct 3, 2008
OT a bit. pocong, the rb engine can plug and play in the Z or need to change mountings and cut here and there?
Mine juz plug and play. No potong2. I even done all the JPJ stuff myself. Even the Puspakom and JPJ people are very surprise.

Bump:
Mine juz plug and play. No potong2. I even done all the JPJ stuff myself. Even the Puspakom and JPJ people are very surprise.
And since there was no change in engine mounting, I keep asking, is RB 6 cycs engine derived from L Series engine? I think the answer is YES. Anyone?

jo-e34

Known Member
Apr 18, 2005
seremban
my my two days and the thread has jumped to almost ten pages......

strongly agree.......they both have the equal capacity....

if engine capacity is the argument here.. if dat's d case.. compare rb25 with 1jz... don talk about legend or heritage crap... in stock form 1jz can kick the shit out of rb25 anytime.... u're driving 280ZX rite? wat do u have under the hood? L series?

shark79

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
classicjapanesecars.blogspot.com
guys stop talking crap and eating crap....let stick to the thread......so we all can learn and respect opinions.:smokin:

Bump: guys stop talking crap and eating crap....let stick to the thread......so we all can learn and respect opinions.:smokin:

Bump: the L series was a good engine during its time...but the the 2jz and RB26 remained popular even after close to 20yrs...WHY??????????????????...

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
pocong: it's nothing unsual for your Z to be dropped in RB.. i've seen a few... y dont u retain the legendary L series engine if d upmost respect is there? is like u have a cun model, body voluptious but u damn respect cindy crawford... see 1 time down south negaraku 10 years.. due to more modern times demand ..u go put britney spears..... kekekekeek

Last edited:

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
Heheheh, just to make more kacao....

rb26, 2jz, 20b... all must bow to ASJ/AZR... 2.6L oso. 380bhp stock for the road.

What? What? What? :biggrin:

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
i used to have this conversation with one toyota taikor last time ... whereby i asked him whether 2JZ is the most famous engine derive from Toyota stable ... he said no ... the most famous one is 3-SGTE

emm, any comment fellas :confused:

pocong

Known Member
Oct 3, 2008
i used to have this conversation with one toyota taikor last time ... whereby i asked him whether 2JZ is the most famous engine derive from Toyota stable ... he said no ... the most famous one is 3-SGTE

emm, any comment fellas :confused:
Because 3S-GTE in Celica won them few World Rally Championship with Carlos Sainz in them and ended the Audi Quattro/Lancia Delta domination in rally. WRC in Rally is like F1 in motorsport with so many diff manufacturers with so high standard in mods and FIA sanction. If history count, Toyota is more famous with their 4 bangers whereby Nissan with their inline 6.

Bump:
pocong: it's nothing unsual for your Z to be dropped in RB.. i've seen a few... y dont u retain the legendary L series engine if d upmost respect is there? is like u have a cun model, body voluptious but u damn respect cindy crawford... see 1 time down south negaraku 10 years.. due to more modern times demand ..u go put britney spears..... kekekekeek
Yeahhh... RB like Britney Spears a bit temperamental. I want to retain the originality of L28 but my financial capability and especially my patience is pretty bad. I must keep my Z running so the best option was "conversion" la.. Lucky I didnt put in 1JZ or 2JZ. Oil and water will never mix together one...

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Yeahhh... RB like Britney Spears a bit temperamental.

Indeed ... with an oiling problem, just like Britney's arse these days ... :biggrin:

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
Titan Motosports / WOTM / Boost Logic / Ridox ... 2JZ all the way ... Loved it since i first saw the car and engine ... back in 1993 from playing NFS SE and a neighbor who owned a red one ... seen so many on the road but cant afford it yet ... :banghead: ... do you guys know there's a RX7 in Sunway with a 2JZ heart ?? :listen: one big turbo and 2 ssqv if im not mistaken ... Jaw dropped ... drool again ... :P

The sound of the engine well ... music ... Esp. ones with big ass ball bearing turbo's ... The engine itself bulletproof ... :smokin:

Just drooling everytime i see one on the road ... especially when JSOC members TT at Aman Suria ... :rolleyes:

how i wish i could dump the engine in my EK or 206 ... or better still own the whole package ...

But then owning one is 1st on my to do list 2nd gettinjiggy with siamese twins :rofl: 3rd baru kawin ... :driver:

Now also playing arcade WMMT3DX using Supra :rofl:

jon3171

Known Member
Aug 3, 2005
Malaysia
Count me in! I vote for RB26. I've asked a Toyota and Nissan engine expert tuner from Top Fuel and he confirmed RB26 (Best engine to tune, he added)! So there ya go... RB26 guys. Watch this space... there are others who would oppose! :smokin:

I'm not a toyota fan but I do have lots of respect for 2JZ.

I hope ur not referring to Top Fuel in usj....coz if u think that guy is an expert in tuning any engine...then ur information is probably wrong....he's a moron...as far as the engine goes...i'd say 2jz is more reliable for higher horsepower...and besides as everyone knows "there is no replacement for displacement!" in any case i think its a pretty simple situation....in standard form...the 2jz is faster....and if u spend the same amount of money and do the same mods to each of those engines...the 2jz will still be faster...and on top of all that the 2jz is packaged smaller and neater than any RB engine which is big and bulky....so really there shouldnt even be any question. Well thats just my unbiased opinion based on facts.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The long lost Japan Touring Car Championship is set to be resurrected from the dead in 2012 and give JDM fans something to go berserk over again.

The modern touring car scene there was birthed from the European Group A scene that saw Ford and BMW enjoy relative success in Japan against the domestic Skylines RS, Supras and Starions before the domination of the series by the godzilla R32...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience